The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on March 21, 2006, 12:26:33 am
-
From Achewood.com:
Dear Friend of Achewood,
With the onset of The Great Outdoor Fight came a great surge in Achewood readership and shop activity. This temporarily overwhelmed our fulfillment system, but we have been working overtime to scale up our operations and get you your high-quality Achewood merchandise as soon as possible. If you're waiting on a package from us, please see the dates below. If you're not waiting on a package from us, but would like to be, please continue to support our shop! This week's orders WILL ship inside of our typical five business day timeframe!
A sincere THANK YOU to everyone who shopped with us this month. Achewood could not exist without you, and we appreciate your patience while your overwhelming support takes our scene to the next level.
— Chris, Liz and The Baby
All Custom Orders have shipped as of 3/17/06. You will be contacted via email if your order has been delayed for any reason.
Orders placed on or before 2/28/06 have shipped as of 3/17/06, via USPS Priority Mail (domestic) or US Airmail (international). You will be contacted via email if your order has been delayed for any reason.
Orders placed after 2/28/06 will be shipping 3/20/06-3/22/06. You will be contacted by email when your order ships.
Apparel sizes/colors currently on backorder -- expected to resume shipping starting 3/31/06:
Great Outdoor Fight - Black XXL is on backorder.
Cartilage Head - Army Premium T - all sizes are on backorder (S-XL, XXL coming soon!).
Geometry - Kelly Premium T - Small, Medium, and Large are on backorder.
Ass in Your ##### - Red Premium T - Medium, Large and X-Large are on backorder. XX-Large coming soon.
Science - Black Premium T - Medium and Large are on backorder
Please keep in mind that Word Front Wares (http://wordfront.com/wares/) appreciates your business, has no such backlog, uses only high-quality fabrics, and ships all products within 24-48 hours.
-
You aren't like, close to being homeless, are you? I'm worried about you.
-
You aren't like, close to being homeless, are you? I'm worried about you.
The man is an entrepreneur.
~Paul
-
paul: speaking of enterpreneurs, do you know anyplace where I can buy a t-shirt? Since I can't get one from the achewood site?
I seem to remember there being a place to buy tshirts. hm.
-
paul: speaking of enterpreneurs, do you know anyplace where I can buy a t-shirt? Since I can't get one from the achewood site?
I seem to remember there being a place to buy tshirts. hm.
I'm a satisfied customer. (http://wordfront.com/wares/)
~Paul
-
paul: speaking of enterpreneurs, do you know anyplace where I can buy a t-shirt? Since I can't get one from the achewood site?
I seem to remember there being a place to buy tshirts. hm.
http://www.hottopic.com/default.asp?LS=0& (http://www.hottopic.com/default.asp?LS=0&)?
-
http://www.hottopic.com/default.asp?LS=0& (http://www.hottopic.com/default.asp?LS=0&)?
Wow! That place is great! Check this out:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=591191&RN=343
We could pitch in and get one for Onstad's little one.
-
Wow! That place is great! Check this out:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=591191&RN=343
We could pitch in and get one for Onstad's little one.
Oh god what's wrong with this kid?
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=149091&RN=613 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=149091&RN=613)
-
Oh god what's wrong with this kid?
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=149091&RN=613 (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=149091&RN=613)
This kid's (http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=905149) lighting him on fire with his mind.
Edit: And I like his style. See the new avatar.
-
(http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3831/aaaaa0pw.gif)
Seriously that kid creeps me out
-
Seriously that kid creeps me out
I would expect no less from the Hot Topic website.
That place just screams:
(http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2355/pod200508175oo6bg.jpg)
-
Please keep in mind that Word Front Wares (http://wordfront.com/wares/) appreciates your business, has no such backlog, uses only high-quality fabrics, and ships all products within 24-48 hours.
That reminds me... I had a Customer Service Inquiry: the shirts you sell, how are they printed? This isn't some CafePress type thing where it's all wearing off after three rounds in the washing machine, is it? Because I would love to buy at least one shirt of yours a month if I knew it would keep me warm and stylish for a couple years instead of a few weeks.
(This should not be construed to imply that I wash my clothes on a less-than-once-a-week cycle. I have a girlfriend who would not stand for such things.)
-
For the time being* all of our garments are professionally plot-printed, not digitally transferred like the crappy CafePress clothes. The designs will basically last longer than the cotton shirts will.
I bought a few to torture, and so far they all look brand new even after stretching them, washing them many times, trying to scuff or crack the designs, etc. They're even hard to shrink if you're *trying* to shrink them (really hot water and a really long time in a hot clothes dryer did the trick, though).
I believe there are others here who have purchased some GOF and Education shirts too.
* At some point in the future we may start silkscreening some more complex designs that cannot be plot printed, but the silkscreening process is pretty high quality too.
-
I thought CafePress actually silkscreens now.
-
From Achewood.com:
Please keep in mind that Word Front Wares (http://wordfront.com/wares/) appreciates your business, has no such backlog, uses only high-quality fabrics, and ships all products within 24-48 hours.
Maybe that's because no one wants your shitty merchandise, you asshole! HEY-O!
-
If I was a trendoid internet hipster, I would probably put Zing! right here.
But I'm not.
-
Man, Mudokon, you're workin' the rough chuckles these days...
-
Okay, that just cost you 100 six packs of tiny cans of Dr Pepper, punta.
Oh yeah, and I taught your mom that thing you like.
-
Maybe that's because no one wants your shitty merchandise, you asshole! HEY-O!
This post is excellent.
-
The HEY-O! just turns it to gold.
-
Oooo, when Jough does that, I get all shivery.
-
Okay, that just cost you 100 six packs of tiny cans of Dr Pepper, punta.
Oh yeah, and I taught your mom that thing you like.
I know what puta/puto means. What does punta mean, please?
-
You know, like Garo Ypremian.
-
It's like "beyotch."
-
..did he also destroy Mudokon's postcount? Did.. did history just change behind us?
-
You know, like Garo Ypremian.
You slay me - you really do.
-
..did he also destroy Mudokon's postcount? Did.. did history just change behind us?
I believe Jough may have just hax0red the past, yes. Sinister!
See, this is what happens when you mess with... THE MAN WITH ADMIN RANK ON HIS HANDS.
-
His posts are still here (for now...) but he does not get credit for them.
-
See, this is what happens when you mess with... THE MAN WITH ADMIN RANK ON HIS HANDS.
oh man it's like that thing that they said on Achewood but applied to something else how do you guys do that in every joke you know that's great it just cracks me up thanks guys for the funny
-
oh man it's like that thing that they said on Achewood but applied to something else how do you guys do that in every joke you know that's great it just cracks me up thanks guys for the funny
It's called a "schtick." If you're getting schtick of it, well, that's your business.
If you'd prefer, you can pretend I made a joke about Gina's cavernous pu$$y instead. (Although that subject's a little... all-encompassing.)
-
I'd rather we not fall into that old cliche.
They'd have to send in spelunkers to find us.
-
ALSO: I got up through book V with this last order, would it make sense to read the comics out loud to the boy-in-baking? What could it hurt, right?
It took me a while to figure out what book V was. Just what are you booking V for I wonder? Also, don't put your children in the oven. I shouldn't have to tell you this.
~Paul
-
I apparently finally got my t-shirt. I ordered a science t, way back when there was a notice on the site saying something to the effect of it being my last chance to be able to choose shirt designs with whatever system was currently there. I realized it was my chance to get one, so I did. Now, a bunch of time later, and the shirt arrives, and I find that in fact it wasn't my last chance, and I can go on there anytime and get the same shirt combination that I just bought. I guess either I misinterpretted what he had posted, or he's a blatant liar trying to make more sales.
-
I apparently finally got my t-shirt. I ordered a science t, way back when there was a notice on the site saying something to the effect of it being my last chance to be able to choose shirt designs with whatever system was currently there. I realized it was my chance to get one, so I did. Now, a bunch of time later, and the shirt arrives, and I find that in fact it wasn't my last chance, and I can go on there anytime and get the same shirt combination that I just bought. I guess either I misinterpretted what he had posted, or he's a blatant liar trying to make more sales.
What the announcement declared was that Onstad was discontinuing the practise of customising merchandise. So, if you wanted, for instance, a red science hoody, you're out of luck now. But anything that is a default design is still for sale.
-
Ah, I had a suspicion that maybe something like that was afoot, but it seemed like I had basically the same exact choices before and after. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. Luckily, I do not want a red science hood, and the choices currently offered mesh well with my taste as it is. Oh man, I can't wait to get home so I can put that shirt on (it was shipped to my home address while I'm here in college).
-
Ah, I had a suspicion that maybe something like that was afoot, but it seemed like I had basically the same exact choices before and after. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. Luckily, I do not want a red science hood, and the choices currently offered mesh well with my taste as it is. Oh man, I can't wait to get home so I can put that shirt on (it was shipped to my home address while I'm here in college).
Yeah, most of the merchandise affected by this discontinuation is ladies' apparel, I believe.
-
I apparently finally got my t-shirt. I ordered a science t, way back when there was a notice on the site saying something to the effect of it being my last chance to be able to choose shirt designs with whatever system was currently there.
I was going to order that shirt, but I didn't because it seemed like the emblem was too small. People would say to me, "What does that say?" And then I would have to verbalize what is written on the shirt. Then they would say, "Well, that's stupid." Then I would have to tell them that they are stupid. Then they would probably say, "Oh, you think you're so much better than me because I dropped out of school?" I would probably say, yes. Then they would probably ask me for a cigarette, and I would probably have like four in my pack. Now, I basically would have to give them one, as some sort of symbol.
So is the emblem really too small?
-
I too felt that the emblem seemed a bit small. However, I haven't gotten the shirt in my hands yet. It's in a box in my room back home in Tinton Falls, while I am here in Hoboken doing the college thing. Don't despair, I will have answers in a week or so.
-
The emblem is a perfectly tasteful size. I would like more shirts like that. But this may be because I am a smallish person and annoyed by tshirts that I cannot buy because the bottom of the design disappears into the top of my ******.
And, you should quit smoking anyway.
-
Both smoking and tucking in your shirt will lead to an early death.
-
tucking in your shirt will lead to an early death.
Are you sure it's not exactly the opposite? Who knows what your shirt might get stuck on while flapping around outside your #####. Passing trucks, dangerous machinery, vicious biting animals...
-
Well, when I'm wearing my extremely high quality yellow limited edition "Education" t-shirt from Word Front Wares (http://wordfront.com/wares/) I don't like to tuck in my shirt because I hate to think that I might be covering such a fine piece of clothing. Not displaying it in its entirety would be such a shame. Plus who knows what's going on in my #####, I don't want to get my Word Front Wares (http://wordfront.com/wares/) shirt dirty! But if I do I know it can take several trips through the washing machine without suffering from fading colors or ruined lettering.
-
ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER (http://wordfront.com/wares/)
-
punta
I like how you called mudokon a tip.
-
I like how you used crappy translation software that does not list slang.
-
I think confusion arose because puta means "whore," and sounds very similar to punta.
-
This is the credited response.
-
my boy ordered me a couple of autographed strips for my birthday.
but he had them delivered to his house so i haven't gotten them yet.
my birthday was march sixth! the anticpation, it grates!
i need to have a comic strip on my wall of cats discussing pornography about ladies sitting on cakes
-
I don't know, man. Someone who speaks Spanish told me that punta means point or tip, while puta indeed means bitch.
Maricon