The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 01:11:03 pm

Title: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 01:11:03 pm
Philippe!  Oh, why isn't Philippe president?  Communism would be Ok with me if it meant such a lovely breakfast.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: CortJstr on March 29, 2006, 01:49:48 pm
I almost didn't see this because the RSS feed hasn't updated yet for some reason. I kind of expected yet another chewing out from Mr. Bear over this, actually.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: littlefox on March 29, 2006, 02:23:17 pm
I hope we find out what other characters' real reactions were to Phillipe's movement.
Lyle: didn't notice
Teodor: paranoia? that'd be my reaction if I got that note
Mr. Bear: perhaps he went and read the communiest manifesto, to see if snoring is in there

I wonder if banana lengths could be made to look like the hammer and sickle? When I have time and a banana (and pancakes) I will have to experiment.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Mantonio on March 29, 2006, 04:30:19 pm
I almost didn't see this because the RSS feed hasn't updated yet for some reason. I kind of expected yet another chewing out from Mr. Bear over this, actually.

I can't really see Mr. Bear reacting to a real live communist in the manner Tailgunner Joe would have. Not saying Mr. Bear is Red, though. He seems to be more of a Fabian.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 04:31:42 pm
CURSES! I have two bananas, a knife, and a plate but no digital camera! I have no way of capturing my creation! I'm hurting for cans so I need to be the first to display this!

I'm glad to be reading more blogs. The GOF was very fun and all but I missed the off scene happenings of the other characters. Huzzah for Philippe and breakfast!
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 04:33:51 pm
I ain't gonna do it because I ain't no fuck*ng communist.

~Paul
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 29, 2006, 05:11:45 pm
Paul this old war picture  (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/commiepaul.jpg) says otherwise.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 06:11:24 pm
Paul this old war picture  (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/commiepaul.jpg) says otherwise.

Oh shit!!!

~Paul
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on March 29, 2006, 06:53:19 pm
We knew that kid was up to no good!
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Drygioni on March 29, 2006, 06:56:47 pm
I always knew he only grew that moustache to distract us from the Commie hat, greatcoat and AK47 he's sporting in all those pictures.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 07:18:06 pm
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/commiepaul.jpg)

May I?
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: theinevitable on March 29, 2006, 07:46:17 pm
May I = May 1 = May Day.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: pmcd9 on March 29, 2006, 08:55:35 pm
May I = May 1 = May Day.

I wish that had been intentional.

~Paul
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: LCB on March 29, 2006, 09:14:47 pm
Yeah, Phillipe, whatever.

I needs my PAT FIX NOW


Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobot on March 29, 2006, 11:58:36 pm
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/commiepaul.jpg)

"My Homer is not a communist.  He may be a liar, a pig, an idiot, a communist, but he is not a porn star!"
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on March 30, 2006, 01:40:53 am
That is a kick ass avatar you got there Paul. Noice!
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: pmcd9 on March 30, 2006, 01:46:58 am
That is a kick ass avatar you got there Paul. Noice!

I like it.  Thanks and have a TCODP or three.

~Paul
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on March 30, 2006, 02:18:36 pm
(http://www.rebsig.com/kogepan/commiepancake.jpg)
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: misterqueue on March 30, 2006, 03:18:19 pm
Communism looks so delicious.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on March 30, 2006, 03:55:41 pm
Oh, it is!
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: V-Adore on March 30, 2006, 11:01:17 pm
C'mon, where are the CUNT slices in sugar syrup? They're nice and red!

(This thread also gets more hilarious when, like me, you are unable to read it until Paul has already changed his avatar. Priceless!)
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: jough on March 31, 2006, 04:13:03 am
I actually noticed the avatar first, then read the thread, then thought to myself "It shouldn't say this kid is up to no good, it should say this comrade is up to no good" and then I looked over at Paul's avatar and he had ALREADY MADE THE CHANGE.

I love you guys.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: weareas1 on March 31, 2006, 07:50:13 am
Speaking of Achewood blogs, I would say that Mr. Beef has come quite a ways since his last blog entry (Got the lamp!), like Ulysses or Siddhartha or Marlow or Ishmael or other some such dudes of old.  You know, all catharticized.

I don't know... somehow I don't think he'll much be needing The Lamp anymore.  Maybe he'll even get around to wearing one of those wiseass, ironic t-shirts he's been hiding all this time.  In public, even.

All I'm saying is when one's every move is the new tradition; when one becomes the ruling body, one hopes one wouldn't also be needing The Lamp.

Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Immortal on March 31, 2006, 09:18:24 am
i think that the "chris at 30" blog entry is really, really well done. bravo
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: robot_god on March 31, 2006, 10:08:05 am
i think that the "chris at 30" blog entry is really, really well done. bravo

Hell, even the Ray blog is hella good (I haven't read the Pete).  Maybe it's just me (I kept my word, drank all kids of ounces of Christian Bros) but even Ray's entry is all kinds of emotional.

Slick move, Chris Onstad.  Now you're gonna have fans that want to bang you in your eye socket.  Hmm, I shouldn't have typed that.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on March 31, 2006, 01:06:58 pm
This just has to be quoted.

Quote
I swear, there was this one day at college where I was equidistant between the Communication department and the Computer Science department, and it was the day I had to choose my major, and this guy sitting outside of the Communication building was eating this great-looking sandwich. Like I said, man—decisions. Think about them.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: misterqueue on March 31, 2006, 01:16:54 pm

Slick move, Chris Onstad.  Now you're gonna have fans that want to bang you in your eye socket.  Hmm, I shouldn't have typed that.

Ain't no love like gay* love.


(Just when you think you shouldn't have typed something....)



* Corrected typo - Jough
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Drastic Action on March 31, 2006, 05:25:44 pm
Ah. I originally read that when it was still "gray love", and I thought you were referring to aliens.  You know.  The greys.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: misterqueue on March 31, 2006, 05:36:25 pm
Ah. I originally read that when it was still "gray love", and I thought you were referring to aliens.  You know.  The greys.

Gray Love is sometimes called Skullfuck*ng (eg the Onstad eye socket banging).  I was playing off of *****_God there mostly, at least I was under Herr Jough decided to use me to come out of his weird little closet anyway.

education.*



*Not the kind you wanted.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: jough on March 31, 2006, 07:36:59 pm
Sorry, Q, didn't meant to out you.

Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: misterqueue on March 31, 2006, 08:36:49 pm
You didn't out me brother.  I think you can ask the ladies about that.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: V-Adore on March 31, 2006, 09:12:38 pm
All the ladies you skullfuck, Q? How can you ask them, when they HAVE NO LANGUAGE CENTERS ANYMORE? BECAUSE YOU FUCKED THEM TO OBLIVION?!

(Have I mentioned that I love being on a messageboard where "skullfuck" is not censored but "#####" is?)
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: misterqueue on March 31, 2006, 09:17:36 pm
They wink once for "Yes" and twice for "Buuuuuh".

You have to think outside the box on these things.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: CortJstr on March 31, 2006, 09:50:58 pm
They wink once for "Yes" and twice for "Buuuuuh".

You have to think outside the box on these things.

If that was intentional it was a horrific pun. If it was not then I have a sick, sick mind.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: AugustWest on March 31, 2006, 09:58:50 pm
If that was intentional it was a horrific pun. If it was not then I have a sick, sick mind.

Can't it be both?
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: wombat on April 02, 2006, 04:08:41 am
It was nice of them to invite Cornelius to go trashspotting with them.  I would have been afraid to do so, assuming that he would spoil the fun.  Perhaps I have not adequately appreciated him up to this point.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on April 02, 2006, 05:53:03 pm
Can someone please tell this sleepy man on what date the original trashspotting strip ran?  I need context, people.


..later, at stately Wayne Manor..

Never mind!  I found it.   December 31, 2004: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12312004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12312004)
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobot on April 02, 2006, 08:56:13 pm
Quote
For my benefit, Roast Beef points out that this is consistent with the general evolution of the children's food packaging found in their bins over time: their child, most likely a boy, is about seven, a fine age at which to receive a puppy. Emeril notes that it is an upscale brand of puppy chow, and to underscore his remark, he points to the new BMW 6-series in the driveway, a paperboard dealer plate still in the license plate frame. The father has recently been promoted.

Damn, it doesn't get much better than a new puppy and a Beemer.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 02, 2006, 10:17:55 pm
It was nice of them to invite Cornelius to go trashspotting with them.  I would have been afraid to do so, assuming that he would spoil the fun.  Perhaps I have not adequately appreciated him up to this point.

One of Corny's strongest qualities seems to be that he takes being gentlemanly Seriously.

It's not just a game of class posturing to him, the whole Being A Classy Dude thing... to be enforced or discarded whenever The Whim suits him... he's actually full-on Into It.

A Fake Classy Dude says "Ew, garbage. I am above this."

A Real Classy Dude says "My fellows have shown me the honour of inviting me to engage with them in their Chosen Sporting. Even though I'm not particularly interested, I have no other engagements and it would disrespect them to turn down the invitation as such. I'll join in, not judge and have what fun I can. This is what a Classy Dude does."

Corndog is to Real Classiness, in dork-SAT speak, as Worf is to Real Klingoniness.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 01:07:57 am
hell no, man! Worf was raised by humans.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 03, 2006, 03:35:01 am
Yeah but... when the other dudes whose heads looked they were attacked by waffle-presses were talking about Honour and Loyalty, they were just giving it lip service and pulling off all kinds of Drama-Club Shenanigans behind each others backs. Betrayals and political marriages and cloning Waffle-Iron-Head Jesus and all sorts of Jack-Nasty-Twist nastiness.

Raised in Minsk, listening to Tetris music on his future iPod or not, W-Money was the only one who took all that Good Stuff to heart.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 04:30:17 am
kind of like how the people who are "THE MOST JEWISH" are people who convert.

my jewish aunt explained this to me. she said that converts are always the worst.

my uncle replied "yeah, that explains michael jackson"
my aunt: but... he's not jewish!
my uncle: yeah, but he's the worst white guy ever.

Man, I enjoy listening to Korobeiniki. That is a good song.
especially the real version. Where it starts out, and you think "hm... something about this is... OH MY GOD!"
and it ends in the russian way: it gets faster and faster and faster until it just kind of ends.
Title: Re: Hey! Remember the blogs? March 2006, just barely
Post by: Hobot on April 03, 2006, 04:06:03 pm
Man, I enjoy listening to Korobeiniki. That is a good song.
especially the real version. Where it starts out, and you think "hm... something about this is... OH MY GOD!"
and it ends in the russian way: it gets faster and faster and faster until it just kind of ends.

Can't stop!  Won't stop!  ... Oh, wait, I'm gonna stop.