The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on April 03, 2006, 04:04:45 am

Title: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: AugustWest on April 03, 2006, 04:04:45 am
Phillippe has bunny pajamas and bunny slippers.

Excellent Phillippe eyebrows in this one.  I especially like his expression in panel 1.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 03, 2006, 04:20:30 am
Billy Idol cannot save you now, Phillipe.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: LCB on April 03, 2006, 04:22:35 am
Well, let's get back to normal with-OH MY GOD LIEBOT WHAT ARE YOU SAYING TO POOR PHILLIPE

STOP IT.

SOMEONE KEEP THAT CRAZY ***** AWAY FROM PHILLIPE
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 04:25:27 am
things are rough when you live with a ***** whose entire purpose is to lie.

poor phillipe. I was hoping Ray would teach him how to be tough.

I want there to be a blog where phillipe asks ray to teach him his moves
and then phillipe rips off the faces of lyle and liebot, and then pisses on them.

man. I like the little shaver.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: robot_god on April 03, 2006, 04:27:51 am
I want there to be a blog where phillipe asks ray to teach him his moves
and then phillipe rips off the faces of lyle and liebot, and then pisses on them.

man. I like the little shaver.

The two statements you just made seem contradictory.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: jough on April 03, 2006, 04:56:56 am
The little bunny PJs are adorable.

Otherwise, it's just LieBot making up stuff that will upset Philippe.  Ho hum.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: goldenchurchhill on April 03, 2006, 05:08:46 am
Still pretty funny though.  It is hard overcoming GOF hangovers.  I started reading 3 days into GOF, and had the whole strip archives read within 10 days.  It is going to be hard to deal with just a simple Liebot strip a day.

Still "The end!  No moral!" is genious.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: melack on April 03, 2006, 05:11:32 am
The morally-challenged ***** upset the otter in pajamas. Love it.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Doc on April 03, 2006, 05:18:45 am
A brilliant strip involving truly awful lies and a young otter's innocence being slowly worn away like drops of water on a boulder.
And Jough bitches about it.
I guess we really are 'back' huh?

For my money Onstad could take that Lemony Snicket bitch to school, you think that's an unfortunate event huh? What you got! What you got!
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: MattFish on April 03, 2006, 05:42:48 am
I always thought it was spelled "dike". Or did This Dutch Kid stick his finger in a lesbian?
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: robot_god on April 03, 2006, 06:20:12 am
I believe this is the first time we've ever seen Lie Bot improv some lies.  It seems like he usually has time beforehand to get everything planned out, then he finds his target; however, today his victim found him.  Also, his lies are different than usual, twisting around all sinuously instead of the familiar arrow-like manner of linear lying.

Instead of gunning Phillipe down, he wrapped that baby up like a friggin' spider.  Classy.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Lister on April 03, 2006, 07:59:28 am
I always thought it was spelled "dike". Or did This Dutch Kid stick his finger in a lesbian?

I don't think that detail would affect the story either way.

Horrified otters in the dark look pitiable.  I like it.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Doc on April 03, 2006, 08:00:36 am
I think a lot of these lies just kind of tell themselves, I mean the answer to 'but his mom was nice to him right?' was a total gimme.

Also I like that a priest finds him and can some how discern the child is not all the way dead. A priest is just such a comforting figure.

I just read my previous post and I didn't mean to sound like so much of a dick, Jough dissing a perfectly enjoyable strip is like me easing back into my favourite recliner after a week away, all that remains is the ice cold can of Bobby's swedish rock videos and the late night television of unnecessary cross referencing to previous strips and blogs to make it complete.

Don't look at me that way, I got 3 hours of sleep last night and am not allowed any caffiene today, I been having troubles.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: the gooseman on April 03, 2006, 08:21:52 am
I think the last thing lie bot says is VERY close to the truth about life.

how complex.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: mrchee on April 03, 2006, 08:39:58 am
My response to the comic?  Meh

I did like the last panel very much.... poor philippe must suffer for our amusement
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Color_Me_Brad on April 03, 2006, 11:15:39 am
Oh man I started laughing at the first panel because I knew something good was coming up.

And the "The End. No Moral!" just sealed it. Perfect.

Welcome back!
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 11:26:07 am
gooseman-- you're kidding. Right? Cause there is a moral. Good people are rewarded for their actions.

...Right?


...right? *sits up all night looking horrified*

Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: littlefox on April 03, 2006, 11:41:08 am
I think it's funny that you guys were worried Philippe would be scarred by the GOF when he has to make it through this kind of crap on a daily basis. The kid already is scarred.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2006, 11:44:34 am
Yeah, this is a "Liebot-Upsets-Philippe" strip by the numbers, but it's been so damn long since we had a Liebot-Upsets-Philippe strip at all that I'm grinning anyway. The End! No moral!
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: misterqueue on April 03, 2006, 11:47:14 am
The only thing I'm looking forward to is when Philippe gets older and runs through the Old Folks home with a shotgun.

"This is for teaching me to breakdance!" BLADDOW
"This is for making me think Roast Beef was pregnant and had my birthday present as a baby!" BLAK-ACK!
"HUUUUUGS!" CH-CHK POW!

Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: CortJstr on April 03, 2006, 01:07:37 pm
That is the loudest and longest any person can scream
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 01:08:37 pm
HOW DARE YOU IMPLY THAT THAT WOULD HAPPEN

...I'm imagining a Dysfunctional Achewood. Can this happen? i want phillipe to get the revenge.

I am not very good at computer art, or any art... but maybe someone is good at this?

re: the longest anyone can scream: this reminds me of the calvin & hobbes where the top of each panel of a sunday-sized strip was AAAAAHHHHH because calvin was screaming.

the last panel was "for god's sake calvin, take a breath before you pass out on the floor"
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: misterqueue on April 03, 2006, 01:11:29 pm
Sounds like a bad action movie.

Philippe's Revenge:
This Time YOU Are the Saddest Thing...  Bitches.

Maybe he has an eyepatch?*



*He lost the eye in "THE WAR".  The one between East Achewood and Achewood Heights where Pat was impaled by a foot long strip steak.  His last words were "ARrrgh... Nitrates!"
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2006, 01:26:18 pm
...I'm imagining a Dysfunctional Achewood. Can this happen? i want phillipe to get the revenge.

Wait, there's a Non-Dysfunctional Achewood?

Anyway, this is all verging a little much into the f-word, but the image of Pat receiving a fatal impaling with strip steak sort of vindicates it. Carry on, I guess.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: misterqueue on April 03, 2006, 02:23:10 pm
Yeah, I got a little too close there for my tastes as well.  Worry not.  Imagine me slowly backing away from something that horrifies me and then running like The Dickens.




Incidentally, The Dickens was known to run gracefully much like a gazelle; and that's just how you should imagine me running, like The Dickens.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 03, 2006, 02:23:24 pm
I love Philippe and yet I love to see him terrorized. This strip was pretty golden for me even though we've all seen Philippe being mentally and psychologically tortured before. I can never get enough Philippe. What can I say? I'm a sucker for cute little things like otters.

Do you think Philippe sees this as LieBot being mean? Does he realised LieBot is delighting in his misery? I mean after all the terrible shit that LieBot has done (both "on camera" and "off camera") to the little guy HE seeks out LieBot for a relaxing bedtime story? I guess Philippe is just slow on the uptake.


Not to be a stick in the mud but Dickens was another way of saying Devil back in the day(Wednesday) It was considered to be more polite than devil. Education
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Hobot on April 03, 2006, 03:59:43 pm
gooseman-- you're kidding. Right? Cause there is a moral. Good people are rewarded for their actions.

...Right?


...right? *sits up all night looking horrified*

There there, theinevitable, it's okay!  When we die (which only happens once we've lived good, full lives), we go to Heaven, where Jesus gives us thumbs-ups and makes us ice cream sundaes all day, and we can stay up as late as we want watching TV!



Though Q will berate me for it, I love Philippe, and I loved this strip.  It was a really excellent change of pace from the GOF simply because it was formulaic and familiar.  And I agree with AW: Philippe's expression in the first panel is fantastic.  I think that LieBot's comment, "...and then the rest of him dies, too" could probably be applied to Philippe's gradual corruption and loss of innocence at the hands of, well, pretty much any of the other characters.  He dies a little on the inside every day.

"Sorry, true."
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Roger on April 03, 2006, 06:21:30 pm
Nothing to complain about this strip, no. In fact, after the GOF I could very well use a whole week of predictable situations involving talking cats and alive stuffed animals.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: robot_god on April 03, 2006, 06:24:04 pm
There there, theinevitable, it's okay!  When we die (which only happens once we've lived good, full lives), we go to Heaven, where Jesus gives us thumbs-ups and makes us ice cream sundaes all day, and we can stay up as late as we want watching TV!


:brushes off dust:

Nice move... beautifully done... Tommy... you gotta come work for me, upstairs...  Nobody tells you when to go bed... ...you can have all the ice cream you want...  You get to KILL.  ALL DAY.  ALL NIGHT.  ITS LIKE AN ANGEL!!!

/Prophecy

(His birthday was Friday.)
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: EgoSumNoah on April 03, 2006, 07:06:37 pm
Oh Tommy. This one was good after much threadiness. I thought the mother getting killed was a bit abrupt.

Anyhow, this is not a lie, this is a story. A children's story. It is clear to me that this story has been told for generations in the Deceptocon family, originally told by LieBot's great^128 granddaddy, Homer StoryBot 1 when he made his historic journey from Japan to California aboard the MS DOS.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: AugustWest on April 03, 2006, 07:52:38 pm
Does he realised LieBot is delighting in his misery?

LieBot isn't delighting in his misery. LieBot isn't delighting in anything.  He's a *****.  He has no emotions.

He tells these cruel lies because he's been programmed to.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: pmcd9 on April 03, 2006, 08:08:13 pm
LieBot isn't delighting in his misery. LieBot isn't delighting in anything.  He's a #####.  He has no emotions.

He tells these cruel lies because he's been programmed to.

But the stuffed Otter really suffers for it.

~Paul
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: V-Adore on April 03, 2006, 08:15:27 pm
LieBot isn't delighting in his misery. LieBot isn't delighting in anything.  He's a #####.  He has no emotions.

He tells these cruel lies because he's been programmed to.

The real question is, who programs a ***** not just to lie but to lie in cruel, bizarre, elaborate ways, ala the Uncle Culpepper ruse? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072004) And who also programs that ***** to drink and play the banjo? The mind reels.

Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: AugustWest on April 03, 2006, 09:40:03 pm
The real question is, who programs a ##### not just to lie but to lie in cruel, bizarre, elaborate ways, ala the Uncle Culpepper ruse? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072004) And who also programs that ##### to drink and play the banjo? The mind reels.


Who?  Chris Onstad, that's who!
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 03, 2006, 09:41:51 pm
Lie Bot is a very advanced Artificial Intelligence, you can't expect something that can effectively mimic the mannerisms and speech of a human to be merely the result of static programming to perform certain tasks.  I figure in the universe of Achewood the science of AI has become so advanced that people just more or less fuck around with it and do what they want.  Microsoft even releases Visual Studio AI .NET for lazy bastards.

Or it could just be a comic strip about funny animals and a *****.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: theinevitable on April 03, 2006, 09:44:33 pm
damn, man.

I think I want Hobot to be my mommy. and that's kind of creepy. hell of oedipal.

also: philipe is not "slow on the uptake", he's just a kid. Just a few days ago, I drove up to the mountains with my friend and his dad. his dad was being rather rude. I wanted to yell at him. and I realized-- did he suddenly become a jerk? was he not a jerk when I met him in 5th grade? No. He has always been a jerk. I just didn't realize this.

Have you ever met one of those people who can't correct you without seeming hell of mad? He was one of those people. Not "our turn is coming up", it was "you're going to miss the goddamn turn!"

finally: come on! AI? No. He's a *****! He's like a man, except made of metal!
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 03, 2006, 10:33:47 pm
Does he eat your medication? Does he grab you with his metal claws so you can't break free, because *****s are strong?
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Hobot on April 03, 2006, 10:34:36 pm
damn, man.

I think I want Hobot to be my mommy. and that's kind of creepy. hell of oedipal.

I'm hiding my brooch pins.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: misterqueue on April 03, 2006, 10:37:46 pm
Does he eat your medication? Does he grab you with his metal claws so you can't break free, because #####s are strong?

Selling ***** Insurance now are we Mr. Frenzy?

Maybe you should insure me from the frenzy of hobos first!

(Is it hoboes or hobos?  Maybe it's hoboes when they have oboes.)
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: LCB on April 03, 2006, 11:20:07 pm
It's the little details that help sell a Liebot-messing-with-Phillipe's-head strip.

"He's little and so very, very cold."

"...that blood came out of her mouth and tear ducts..."
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: miles on April 03, 2006, 11:35:18 pm
"Sorry, true," really did it for me.  In fact it was the only line that really did it for me.  I will probably be using it tomorrow when lying to co-workers.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: pmcd9 on April 04, 2006, 12:14:06 am
"Sorry, true," really did it for me.  In fact it was the only line that really did it for me.  I will probably be using it tomorrow when lying to co-workers.

It doesn't have to be a lie.  In fact it's better if it's not.  Sorry to disapoint you with the truth.

~Paul
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Color_Me_Brad on April 04, 2006, 01:07:51 am
The real question is, who programs a ##### not just to lie but to lie in cruel, bizarre, elaborate ways, ala the Uncle Culpepper ruse? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06072004) And who also programs that ##### to drink and play the banjo? The mind reels.


I don't know, but I bet that'd make a sweet storyline.

Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: doomglobe on April 04, 2006, 02:17:29 am
LieBot isn't delighting in his misery. LieBot isn't delighting in anything.  He's a #####.  He has no emotions.

He tells these cruel lies because he's been programmed to.


Liebot is a metaphor for the media. He is your television and your radio. Anything that normal people are not allowed to broadcast over, that is liebot.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: AugustWest on April 04, 2006, 03:42:19 am
Hey Doomglobe.  Nice to see you.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: LCB on April 04, 2006, 03:54:34 am

Liebot is a metaphor for the media. He is your television and your radio. Anything that normal people are not allowed to broadcast over, that is liebot.

Or he could just be something of a dick.

It's something of a long shot theory, I know. Too unorthodox for those dogmatic fools in the community who laughed at my reports and experiments without bothering to study them...Liebot is the manifestation of this or that...we'll see who has the last laugh. Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha. MU-WAH-HA-HA-HA-HA.

Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: miles on April 05, 2006, 12:32:39 am
It doesn't have to be a lie.  In fact it's better if it's not.  Sorry to disapoint you with the truth.

Yeah, well, I didn't use the line anyway.  I forgot.
Title: Re: April 3, 2006 -- The end! No moral.
Post by: Doc on April 05, 2006, 06:17:21 am
Don't worry Miles, just another disappointment on the slow road to the grave.
Sorry, true.