The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: misterqueue on April 06, 2006, 08:56:22 pm

Title: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 06, 2006, 08:56:22 pm
So, the boss comes up to me today and he says to me he says, "Hey Q... can you do time in Sacramento?"

To which I replied, "I've done time in San Quentin, only not really."

"No no. I need someone out there from April 19th to the 28th to cover one of our sites."

"Oh... sure.  I guess so."

"Okay then, so.. have fun."

I don't know fuck for fuck about Sacramento and I have nights and a whole weekend of free time.  Any suggestions? 



PS  This is Sacramento, CA we're talking about here.  Just in case anyone confused it with saaayyy... Sacramento KY
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 07, 2006, 02:26:47 am
There is a Sacramento, Ky you know...  It's not far from Owensboro.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: miles on April 07, 2006, 02:44:37 am
The Sacramento Bee is one hell of a newspaper.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 07, 2006, 03:17:44 am
Probably the most boring part of California in terms of the granola factor*, but you can drive and park there and you probably won't get accidentally drive-byed.


i.e. fewer fruits, nuts and flakes than SanFran or SoCal

Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 07, 2006, 03:30:14 am
There is a Sacramento, Ky you know...  It's not far from Owensboro.

I know.. this is why I said it.

However, I had to look up another one to find out it existed.  I am not as witty as google makes me look.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: jough on April 07, 2006, 03:53:24 am
You don't look all that witty, Q.  It's all good.

Google doth make belletrists of us all.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 07, 2006, 03:56:28 am
You don't look all that witty, Q.  It's all good.

Google doth make belletrists of us all.

LOL!



1000 posts, and each one as sweet as a milky burp from the mouth of baby Ganesh.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: jough on April 07, 2006, 03:58:10 am
Congratulations on wasting your life, n00b.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 07, 2006, 04:12:27 am
There is a Sacramento, Ky you know...  It's not far from Owensboro.

You know it's really not helpful to tell someone that a town they've never heard of is near another town they've never heard of.

Just sayin' is all.

~Paul
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 07, 2006, 04:28:28 am
You know it's really not helpful to tell someone that a town they've never heard of is near another town they've never heard of.

Just sayin' is all.

~Paul

Yeah, I know, but how many towns in Kentucky have people heard of.  (Not counting Bozack, Beatrice and maybe Ark.) Owensboro is like the 3d or 4th largest city in the state.

And yes, I have actually been in Sacramento, Ky.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 07, 2006, 04:41:19 am
Owensboro is like the 3d or 4th largest city in the state.

Austin is the fifth largest city in Texas.  If Salt Lake City were in Texas it would probably rank sixth.  But i've had this problem with my Mother who is from a little town called Milano.  I have to tell her anyone from outside Cameron county it don't do no good to tell them Milano is 8 miles from Rockdale.  Johnny Horton died in Milano Texas (http://www.texasescapes.com/ClayCoppedge/The-Eerie-Demise-of-Johnny-Horton.htm).

~Paul
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 07, 2006, 12:32:01 pm
Hrm.. a 3 hour burn there and back to show up for work again on Monday sounds doable... as long as I don't do it up Fear and Loathing style.



Then again...


Thanks Asher.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 07, 2006, 05:45:49 pm
There is a minor league baseball team in Sacto (http://rivercats.com/schedule/calendar/).  They're at home the first few days you're there.

Not that I've ever seen them or know shit about Sacramento.  But that's the first think I check when I'm being sent out of town on business.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 07, 2006, 06:41:14 pm

ALSO: A big OC FUCK YOU to you and your tiny subscript, 'Dawg.

I'll be disappointed if this didn't come with The Finger, Ash.

Of course not EVERYONE in Cali wears birkenstocks to the colonic clinic to clean out the bocaburgers on a weekly basis. But enough do...


Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 07, 2006, 07:00:12 pm
For those who like sports injury horror, the reason for the rehab was Dravecky had a cancerous shoulder that required heavy surgery that in part included a chemical freezing of the humerus. Guy made it all the way back to the majors after surgery only to have his arm snap in mid pitch during one of his early return appearances.

Yeah, I saw that, his fuckin' arm broke off.

So fog, yeah. Watch out for the rampant Arnold rising outta the wild Tule Fog, I suppose.

Is this any relation to the Tulare Dust that Haggard sings about?

~Paul
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 07, 2006, 07:39:28 pm

So fog, yeah. Watch out for the rampant Arnold rising outta the wild Tule Fog, I suppose.

When I lived in Portland OR they told me about this stuff called Drist. 

"Drist is what it sounds like, drizzle that looks like mist."

That shit is no joke.  You look ahead and think 'Oh it's foggy up there.'  Then suddenly you come out the other side and your clothes are SOPPING WET.  You've basically just walked through a just barely evaporated swimming pool.

I think after dealing with that I can handle some badass fog drivers.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 07, 2006, 07:56:14 pm
For those who like sports injury horror, the reason for the rehab was Dravecky had a cancerous shoulder that required heavy surgery that in part included a chemical freezing of the humerus. Guy made it all the way back to the majors after surgery only to have his arm snap in mid pitch during one of his early return appearances.

Weird-ass shit I think about:  What if a dude snapped his arm mid-pitch like that on the pitch that won the World Series?  Would his teammates celebrate and dogpile him?  Or be so horrified that the thrill of winning the Series is lost?
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: smick on April 07, 2006, 07:57:46 pm
But that's the first think I check when I'm being sent out of town on business.

My personal favorite is PollStar (http://www.pollstar.com).   PollStar is pretty good about showing what concerts and shows are happening in a town, that way I don't have to go and find the local indy weekly, etc, etc.

Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 07, 2006, 08:58:17 pm
For those who like sports injury horror, the reason for the rehab was Dravecky had a cancerous shoulder that required heavy surgery that in part included a chemical freezing of the humerus. Guy made it all the way back to the majors after surgery only to have his arm snap in mid pitch during one of his early return appearances.

Shit I remember that.  Right up there with Theiseman on the disturbing sports injury scale.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 07, 2006, 09:20:31 pm
Yeah, the Spiral Fracture is no joke. Picture that, not just your arm breaking but your arm breaking in a radial fashion from torque on the long axis of the humerus.

I remember John S-m-i-l-e-y getting one after being traded to the Indians. I don't remember if he really recovered and rehabbed to the point of pitching, but I don't think so.

The Indians seem to have buzzard luck with Lefties for awhile now.

The fact that the board converts the man's name to a :) icon is annoying.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: CortJstr on April 07, 2006, 10:10:22 pm
My personal favorite is PollStar (http://www.pollstar.com).   PollStar is pretty good about showing what concerts and shows are happening in a town, that way I don't have to go and find the local indy weekly, etc, etc.

There's also Podbop (http://podbop.org) which is less thorough than pollstar but makes up for it by linking to free legal mp3's for each artist
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: smick on April 07, 2006, 10:18:23 pm
There's also Podbop (http://podbop.org) which is less thorough than pollstar but makes up for it by linking to free legal mp3's for each artist

Oh see, now that's pretty swell.    Unfortunatly it came up with nothing for Spokane, WA.   That however is pretty representative of Spokane.   

We used to be a  3 hoss town, but we sold all of them for meth.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: smick on April 07, 2006, 10:30:38 pm

We used to be a  3 hoss town, but we sold all of them for meth.

My pretty ponies were replaced with Blockers.

(http://raindog.net/ljimages/3hosstown.jpg)
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Lister on April 08, 2006, 12:03:15 am
My pretty ponies were replaced with Blockers.

(http://raindog.net/ljimages/3hosstown.jpg)

WIN.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: jough on April 19, 2006, 03:42:50 am
Is anyone here going to be around in San Francisco on Saturday night so that Q doesn't have to ramble about by his lonesome?

Ferocious J?  Onstad?  Anyone?
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 19, 2006, 03:43:30 am
awww.. that's jough..always looking out for me.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Mite on April 19, 2006, 11:16:59 am
He just doesn't want you to get scared by the bushman (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/03/24/BAG5S5Q3251.DTL).
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 19, 2006, 05:48:38 pm
There is a Sacramento, Ky you know...  It's not far from Owensboro.

But you know it's a backwater burg when Owensboro is the place you cite as a reference point.

Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 19, 2006, 05:57:03 pm
But you know it's a backwater burg when Owensboro is the place you cite as a reference point.

We already covered this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2705.msg61420.html#msg61420) you fuck*ng repeating bastard.

/Toll Booth Willie.

~Paul
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 19, 2006, 06:52:51 pm
Johnny Horton died in Milano Texas (http://www.texasescapes.com/ClayCoppedge/The-Eerie-Demise-of-Johnny-Horton.htm).

~Paul

In 1814?

Sorry, that just immediately leapt to mind...
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: pmcd9 on April 19, 2006, 07:01:35 pm
In 1814?

Sorry, that just immediately leapt to mind...

Immediately?  I posted that like 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, nice, very nice comeback.

~Paul
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 19, 2006, 07:59:19 pm
Well, immediately when I read it this time.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on April 19, 2006, 08:43:18 pm
We already covered this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2705.msg61420.html#msg61420) you fuck*ng repeating bastard.

/Toll Booth Willie.

~Paul

Yeah, that's what I get for responding before reading the entire thread.  But really, should I have expected that someone else would've called out Owensboro (or Pwnsboro, as I like to call it) for being what it is? 

It's not a bad little town.  The Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers are a consistent small-college basketball powerhouse and Moonlite BBQ has some of the most grelicious mutton ever.  They also have a (the?) Bluegrass Hall of Fame, I think, and the cornpone from Real World: Los Angeles was from there (the city, not the hall of fame).

My grandparents live in Owensboro.  I was born a few miles away, in Henderson.  Update your maps accordingly.

Education.
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: AugustWest on April 19, 2006, 08:51:56 pm
A can for your Kentucky roots!
Title: Re: What is Up you Sacramento Fucks?!
Post by: misterqueue on April 23, 2006, 08:29:51 pm
I just want to say for the record that Sacramento sucks ass.  San Francisco was of course a fine time if it did steal many brain cells from me even. (I suspect SAC will do this even worse as I will be driven to horrible things not by excitement but SHEER BOREDOM!)  Maybe I'll go in early one day and drive out to Lake Tahoe... who knows.

I almost drove all the way down to LA to pass the time today but then I thought better of it.