The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AugustWest on April 08, 2006, 02:58:38 am

Title: I made a comic strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2006, 02:58:38 am
With the comic strip generator currently linked on Fark. 

So, I'm no Onstad. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=102660)

Fun toy though.

Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 08, 2006, 03:16:44 am
Here's another. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=102857)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 08, 2006, 03:18:08 am
Seriously, people, if you need things to do I have some poetry texts you could proofread for me.  At least you'd be producing something.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 08, 2006, 03:45:47 am
Not me.  I'm pretty busy using up your bandwidth and stalking someone.

Thanks for the offer though.  If only I didn't have such lofty goals.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 08, 2006, 02:33:50 pm
I like the strip about the dog's nose.

And  I don't know where Bobby is but,

GET A ROOM ALREADY, OK?
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 08, 2006, 06:59:50 pm
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106270 (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106270)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: pmcd9 on April 08, 2006, 07:28:17 pm
Split the Hobot creep outs to another thread.

~Paul
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 08, 2006, 07:46:02 pm
In all fairness my last post here WAS a comic... but hey.. whatever floats your proverbial boat friend Paul.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 08, 2006, 07:52:15 pm
Q's response to my last post returned to its rightful place by one of the mods of this forum, thank you:

http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106291 (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106291)

Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2006, 02:04:21 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106270 (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=106270)

Huzzah!
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: side_show on April 09, 2006, 04:19:39 pm
http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=108952 (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=108952)

Fun times.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 09, 2006, 06:23:40 pm
side_show is back... with a vengeance.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 10, 2006, 02:04:30 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=110113

This is a sequel to Q's comic. Special cameo appearances by Hobot and AugustWest. Unfortunately Wombat was cut from the second panel at the last minute due to difficulties concerning...the uh...seniority of the character. Enjoy!
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 10, 2006, 02:07:52 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=110113

This is a sequel to Q's comic. Special cameo appearances by Hobot and AugustWest. Unfortunately Wombat was cut from the second panel at the last minute due to difficulties concerning...the uh...seniority of the character. Enjoy!

*golf claps*

Excellent word Herr Frenzy.  I especially liked the use of the Fedora and the studious theinevitable in this strip.  Truly, you have a gift my friend.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 10, 2006, 02:12:18 am
I would have liked to appear in Hobo's comic.  But if I lower my fees for him then all the n00bs will expect the same treatment.  Sorry, hon, no can do.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobot on April 10, 2006, 02:20:51 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=110113

This is a sequel to Q's comic. Special cameo appearances by Hobot and AugustWest. Unfortunately Wombat was cut from the second panel at the last minute due to difficulties concerning...the uh...seniority of the character. Enjoy!

Bravo!  I am glad to have returned from the Dead (it was dark and moist; also, earthworms).
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 10, 2006, 02:23:23 am
I don't get it.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: V-Adore on April 10, 2006, 02:42:42 am
Man, what the HELL happened while I was at the conference? Jesus, people!
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 10, 2006, 02:47:30 am
Man, what the HELL happened while I was at the conference?

Hotness, Stalking, and Silent Desperation.




But mostly Hotness.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 10, 2006, 03:13:51 pm
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111214
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 10, 2006, 03:38:55 pm
Heh.. nice version of Bobby there.

Crossover from another thread. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111261)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 10, 2006, 04:04:41 pm
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111311
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: pmcd9 on April 10, 2006, 04:05:38 pm
Paul's Dilemma (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111302).

~Paul
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 10, 2006, 04:23:58 pm
Dang, this stuff (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111335) is addicting! (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111296)

Warning! The last link contains P.#.L.#.T.#.C.S. The first one is just autobiographical. Sort of.

To be honest I haven't used the yardsale pickup line. Yet.

Edited to fix the links. Thanks for the heads up, Q.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobot on April 10, 2006, 04:33:28 pm
Crossover from another thread. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111261)

Artichoke =/= vegetable.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 10, 2006, 04:37:53 pm
Artichoke =/= vegetable.

Look.. I never let the truth get in the way of a joke.

Besides, I didn't have an avatar that looked like Lister does IN MY MIND.  (Since I think he was the other person who mentioned Bell Peppers)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 10, 2006, 04:41:55 pm
HOLY SHIT! Someone needs to take this comic generator program and replace the characters with Achewood characters! Ahhhhhh! My brain is exploding from the thought!
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 10, 2006, 05:08:21 pm
One more (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111399)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 10, 2006, 05:13:59 pm
One more (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111399)

It's good to know that theinevitable and I are like the Laurel and Hardy of the board... if Laurel ever talked about Skull-fuck*ng I suppose.

Good work.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 10, 2006, 05:16:49 pm
It's good to know that theinevitable and I are like the Laurel and Hardy of the board... if Laurel ever talked about Skull-fuck*ng I suppose.

Good work.

Thanks. Nothing feels more satisfying than knowing you've accomplished something after a hard day's work.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 10, 2006, 06:03:11 pm
Hell yes this is addicting.

http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111500
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 10, 2006, 06:37:30 pm
Paul's Dilemma (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111302).

~Paul

Dude!  Am I the old goat?
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 10, 2006, 06:39:26 pm
Also, Mantonio wins at StripGenerator.  His last two were the funniest.

Also, I am not the devil.  I just summered at his Aspen lodge once.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 10, 2006, 06:40:21 pm
Hell yes this is addicting.

http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111500

It's the shit-eating grin on the dad that sells this one.  Damn, that's funny.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: pmcd9 on April 10, 2006, 06:56:12 pm
Dude!  Am I the old goat?

The goat is a composite character.  Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

~Paul
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 10, 2006, 07:03:36 pm
It's the shit-eating grin on the dad that sells this one.  Damn, that's funny.

It's based on a true story, natch.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: V-Adore on April 10, 2006, 09:27:41 pm
This happened last night. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112021)

EDIT: Feh! The punchline was supposed to be "however it turns out, we won't disown you." And it looked fine in the editor...
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 11, 2006, 12:44:58 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112319
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: robot_god on April 11, 2006, 01:53:31 am
http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112319


Damn.  That strip almost makes me want to have children.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 11, 2006, 04:09:30 am
I tired again. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111248) But it just doesn't feel like funny.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: AugustWest on April 11, 2006, 05:36:40 am
I tired again. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/view.php?id=111248)

Maybe if you got more sleep.  Or perhaps some B6 might help.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mite on April 11, 2006, 11:23:22 am
Is the site down for anybody else? I just went there to look at all of your lovely work, and none of 'em are showing up.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 11, 2006, 12:21:07 pm
Is the site down for anybody else? I just went there to look at all of your lovely work, and none of 'em are showing up.

Yeah, it's down for me too.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: pmcd9 on April 11, 2006, 12:44:57 pm
Way to go Hobo, you broke the strip generator.  fuck*ng great.

~Paul
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 11, 2006, 01:26:46 pm
"The comic you requested does not exist."  That does not bode well.  Guess they got a little overwhelmed.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 11, 2006, 06:54:19 pm
Everything seems to be working again (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112518).

BTW, I've been a little busy (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112463). Not much, just a little (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111707). Oh dear, I need help (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111639). So much help (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111822)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: side_show on April 14, 2006, 02:28:42 am
I have a head cold  (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116147).  I feel  yucky (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116161).
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 14, 2006, 05:15:34 am
You poor baby.  Maybe these 427 cans of Dr Pepper will make you feel better.
Title: Jedi mind trick!
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on April 14, 2006, 01:29:59 pm
This (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116491) medium is a much better than anime for Star Wars.

Speaking of comics, jough do you still read concerned? I love when the vortigaunt shows up like today. Thanks for linking to that place a while back.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 14, 2006, 03:09:31 pm
I do still read Concerned (http://www.hlcomic.com/), although I usually catch up a week or two at a time.

It's pretty lame most of the time now, but I'm what you'd call a "fan" of Half-Life2, and it is really funny from time to time, like when he did a few strips that pretty much captured everything I hate about Counter-Strike*.  You pretty much have to be a CS:S geek to think it is funny that all of the characters are suspended in mid-air with their knees tucked up in a bunnyhop.

The new Half-Life2 expansion was supposed to come out two days before my birthday, which would have totally been a happy birthday to me, but now it's been pushed back to June 1st so I guess I will get to leave the house on my anniversaire after all.

I've always preferred the single-player story experience of a survival-horror first person shooter (FPS) to just about any other genre of game other than "board" (and other than chess, of course).

I also like the open-ended games such as GTA: San Andreas, because I like to just drive cars and planes and make things blow up.  I'm a simple guy with simple tastes.

A GTA-themed comic would just punish.



*I.e. The other players.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 14, 2006, 03:22:09 pm
More strippage. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111729)

This site needs two things:
1.  The ability to change font size.  The line "kitty poop" in one of my other strips was actually whispered, which made it ten times funnier.
2.  The ability to search by author, beyond the 240 or so strips they actually allow you to search.  Mantonio's shit is funny, and I'm sure I've missed quite a few of them.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: CortJstr on April 14, 2006, 04:06:59 pm
I've always preferred the single-player story experience of a survival-horror first person shooter (FPS) to just about any other genre of game other than "board" (and other than chess, of course).

Have you ever tried Realms of the Haunting (http://culture.insidepulse.com/articles/47767)?
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 14, 2006, 04:21:32 pm
I have not, but if I didn't play a game within a couple years after it came out I find myself just smirking at how quaint the graphics look.

I also look forward to smirking about how quaint the graphics look in HL2 and F.E.A.R. one day.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 14, 2006, 08:10:25 pm
More strippage. (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=111729)

This site needs two things:
1.  The ability to change font size.  The line "kitty poop" in one of my other strips was actually whispered, which made it ten times funnier.
2.  The ability to search by author, beyond the 240 or so strips they actually allow you to search.  Mantonio's shit is funny, and I'm sure I've missed quite a few of them.

Gosh, thanks! A TCODP for you. And a clean, family friendly version of The Aristocrats (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116825) too.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: side_show on April 14, 2006, 09:02:34 pm
You poor baby.  Maybe these 427 cans of Dr Pepper will make you feel better.


I do feel strangely better (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116884).
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: jough on April 14, 2006, 10:02:49 pm
Okay, I made my first Strip Generator strip (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116933).
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 14, 2006, 10:06:58 pm
Nice emo comic there jough.  I was meaning to bring this up earlier.  Does that goat have a weirdly shaped bladder/c*ck thing or is it merely toting a water balloon?  (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116943)
Title: Re: Jedi mind trick!
Post by: Hobot on April 14, 2006, 11:43:14 pm
This (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116491) medium is a much better than anime for Star Wars.

You win for the following reasons:
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Hobot on April 14, 2006, 11:46:41 pm
Gosh, thanks! A TCODP for you. And a clean, family friendly version of The Aristocrats (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116825) too.

That's funnier than the documentary.
Title: Re: Jedi mind trick!
Post by: Mantonio on April 14, 2006, 11:56:00 pm
You win for the following reasons:
  • You used the same character for the little shrieking thing attached to Jabba as Q used for theinevitable, which is impossibly hilarious
  • Whether or not it was intentional, you spelled "wookiee" with three E's, which, in my overanalytical mind, is a great way to make fun of the geeks (ahem, like me) who spell it with two E's
  • It is about Star Wars, and is therefore automatically awesome

Forget Star Wars & Star Trek. Here is some Doctor Who (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=112208).
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Drygioni on April 15, 2006, 12:08:18 am
Mantonio... have my retarded baby.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 15, 2006, 05:27:11 am
Mantonio... have my retarded baby.

I don't think that's technically possible. Unless somebody invents a way to combine the DNA from two sperm cells. Also, I believe an artificial womb will be needed to acomplish the task.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 15, 2006, 12:42:22 pm
Nitpicker.  Have you no romance in your soul?
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: side_show on April 15, 2006, 01:25:25 pm
I believe that's wombie's way of offering to be a surrogate.

Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: side_show on April 15, 2006, 01:43:25 pm
Okay, I made my first Strip Generator strip (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=116933).

 My response.  (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=117465)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 15, 2006, 02:00:23 pm
My response.  (http://www.stripgenerator.com/viewEng.php?id=117465)

It's totally gotta be a water balloon... I am just saying that if it is not I will be the King of Freaking the Fuck Out... look at that thing.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 15, 2006, 04:15:10 pm
I believe that's wombie's way of offering to be a surrogate.



Oh, well, in that case ... Threesome!
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: wombat on April 15, 2006, 05:12:20 pm
Oh, well, in that case ... Threesome!

Sigh, my momma warned me that the internet would come to this.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Mantonio on April 15, 2006, 05:47:10 pm
Sigh, my momma warned me that the internet would come to this.

Oh, it's not like anybody is going to be dressed up like kangaroos or manticores.

unless you're cool with that.
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: misterqueue on April 15, 2006, 06:14:58 pm
Whatever you say, Manticoretonio!!



(Also funny: Manticonio)
Title: Re: I made a comic strip
Post by: Drygioni on April 15, 2006, 07:33:00 pm
What about 'Mangaroo?' Sounds like something straight out of some 19th century urban myth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack#Theories).