The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Mite on April 11, 2006, 01:45:56 pm
-
I know I'm not the only 4-eyed nerd here, so I need some advice. I got into work, took my sunglasses off, took my regular glasses out of the case, unfolded them, and snap. They're plastic frames, and they broke right over the nose piece. I taped 'em together with electrical tape (superglue wasn't cutting it), but they're a little wobbly, and I'm getting a killer headache. Anybody have any ideas? Will the place I bought them from be able to do anything?
And of course I biked to work today, so just running home to get my spare pair would take a good hour, and if I biked over to the glasses place I would be all sweaty when I got there. I was getting a decent headache from wearing my sunglasses indoors, too. Man I need to start looking into LASIK. Anybody know if you can get that with a -10 diopter prescription?
Must...stop...spazzing....
-
I think they will sell glasses to sweaty people.
-
Well certainly they do, but they'd cut me a better deal if I was freshly scrubbed and cute. My optometrist is in the hipster part of town - very high pressure.
I've done a better job of supergluing for the moment, so at least my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode. But I'm still a bit spazzed. With my prescription, glasses that don't look like they're made of coke bottles cost an arm & a leg even with insurance, and I'm uninsured for the time being.
Figures - I just crawled out from under my credit card debt, and my car starts acting funny and my glasses break.
-
If your lenses are intact, though, all you'd need is new frames. That needn't cost too much.
-
Most glasses stores have a $99 wall. Some of these even include magnetic clip-on sunglasses. Not high-fashion by any means but do you really need a tiny "Nautica" on your glasses anyway? Besides, I thought Nautica was a sailing company.
-
This marital relations suspended due to partners pregnancy thing is taking a toll.
What?!? No, that ain't right, not right at all.
~Paul
-
Yeah, isn't marital relations during pregnancy good for the baby, as long as you're careful not to poke a hole in the top of its noggin? I'm sure I wrote that somewhere.
-
Try what I did. Date an opthamologist's daughter. Only $10,000 up front.
Before I was dating her, though I had found a website that would make glasses for something ungodly low like $25. I had considered getting a few pairs just to throw in my glove box or in with my camping gear just for emergencies. I'm sure they won't be great, but they might hold you over until you are again insured, assuming that is a temporary condition.
I can't remember the particular site I had found a few years ago, but a google search for "cheap glasses" finds several offerring similar deals.
-
Try what I did. Date an opthamologist's daughter. Only $10,000 up front.
Before I was dating her, though I had found a website that would make glasses for something ungodly low like $25. I had considered getting a few pairs just to throw in my glove box or in with my camping gear just for emergencies. I'm sure they won't be great, but they might hold you over until you are again insured, assuming that is a temporary condition.
I can't remember the particular site I had found a few years ago, but a google search for "cheap glasses" finds several offerring similar deals.
I am reading this post with $38 dollar glasses (lenses and all).
~Paul
-
Wow, I'm gonna check out the cheap glasses place. Mine usually top 300! Course, I need to get the ultra-light lenses so I don't end up with broken blood vessels on my nose.
But - I lucked out! Turns out I had 5 days left on my warranty. They'll replace 'em free! I might have to wait for them to get the frames in, but I can live with this until then.
And I looked at our pvc glues and epoxies and whatnot, but I was afraid to use them since a) I'd have to hold my glasses about 4 inches from my face in order to see while I repaired them and 2) I didn't want to bring them in and have them say "Well, we could have repaired them fine, until you put all this weird glue on 'em."
Thanks for all the ideas. And sorry about the dry spell, Ash. I thought pregnancy made chicks horny - have I been misinformed?
-
Hi Mite,
I had the same thing happen. Lucky enough, I had standard sized lenses, and they were able to pop them out of my broken frame and into an insanely ugly pair of red plastic frame they had kicking around, then they sent out to replace my frame which was on back order. Ever since then I've always had two pairs.
Also, if you're able to wear contact lenses, you may want to purchase the smallest/cheapest package available of disposable lenses to tide you over while your repair/select new frames.
-
Oh, man, Ash, good to hear it's all coming together but without the sweet sweet lovin' it would be tough for me...Your son will be about a month older than my daughter, who I am calling Hannah for the moment.
Also, on the "pregnant chicks are horny' thing" - word. Also post partum women. This is probably why I am having two daughters 17 months apart.
I love how this thread moves seamlessly from reparing eyewear to the sexual proclivity of pregnant women.
-
I have a couple pairs of disposable contacts lying around, but since my eyes are so bad that those need to be special ordered too, I think I'll just rely on my old scratched up glasses/superglued new glasses for the next week or so. Plus contacts seriously mess with my brain. Everything looks so big!
Ash - I just googled cervical cerclage, and now I need to go lay down. Just when I think I might want to have kids one of these years, I learn about something like that. I hope everybody's doing well, considering! Your poor wife must be bored out of her mind.
-
Oh and 'Dawg? Word Up to Post Partum Horny-mones.
That's a hell of a price to pay to get a lady in the mood.
~Paul
-
Maybe - but, you must have gotten her in the mood sometime before to get to that place.
Also, kids are awesome. Someone's gotta change <my> diapers when I'm an old man, and I don't want some surly illegal immigrant doing it if at all possible.
-
dang man.
the other day in latin class, somehow the issue of pregnant sex came up. This girl said "but wouldn't it hurt the baby if the man gets on top? How could you have sex?"
we all just kind of stared at her. latin class is not the place to start explaining this. it was awkward.
another girl commented that you "wouldn't be able to reach".
man, the ignorance of some people about this stuff.
also: having kids. what a rush. this is something that I look forward to (but not enough to want to speed it up. you know. kind of like how being retired would be nice, but I don't want to suddenly become old.)
-
dang man.
the other day in latin class, somehow the issue of pregnant sex came up. This girl said "but wouldn't it hurt the baby if the man gets on top? How could you have sex?"
we all just kind of stared at her. latin class is not the place to start explaining this. it was awkward.
another girl commented that you "wouldn't be able to reach".
man, the ignorance of some people about this stuff.
also: having kids. what a rush. this is something that I look forward to (but not enough to want to speed it up. you know. kind of like how being retired would be nice, but I don't want to suddenly become old.)
Get rich when you're young and retire then!
Was this a college class? If so, they ain't building co-eds like they used to. Ah, the good old days.
-
I assume it was a high school class since as I recall, thinevitable is one of those people who has never read the whole Achewood main page, including the "Get Out of Here" warning. Next time I read one of those articles bemoaning how young our teenagers are becoming sexually active I'm going to take it with a large grain of "wouldn't be able to reach".
-
yeah. I am in highschool.
the things to realize are double:
1. This was not the average teenager. this was a straight-laced, southern-raised, affluent, private-school Latin student.
2. lack of knowledge doesn't lead to lack of sex. this is why there are so many babies born out of wedlock. I think people are knowledgeable about the general ideas of things ("my friend says boys like it when you suck on their c*ck!") but not the actual mechanics ("do I use my teeth? how do I know when to stop? can I become pregnant from this?")
and with the "wouldn't be able to reach" comment, I think she was referring more to "ease of access". the context was something like:
she: oh, haha, when I sit like this my shirt bulges out in this funny way, it looks like I'm pregnant!
friend: haha! it does!
me: oh, that is sooo hot. Louise, you know I like my ladies pregnant! Every man does!
she: yeah. *laughs*
me: no, really! some guys do. I know this.
she: but, how does that work? wouldn't it... *indicates position of full "pregnant" stomach*... I mean... you wouldn't be able to reach!
-
Ash, there's nothing wrong with her mouth though, right?
-
Ash, there's nothing wrong with her mouth though, right?
Um, Dude.
Duu-uude.
Dude.
-
The Doc banned ALL activity 'cause any cause for down under ruckus is not a good thing.
Beleive me, dude, we tried all the angles on this before accepting our celibate state.
Have you at least ordered a Fleshlight?
-
I really can't imagine those are worth it.
-
Does your wife have a sister or an attractive best friend?
I'm sure under the current circumstances you could probably get a free pass, right?
-
I really can't imagine those are worth it.
It depends on how badly you're not getting laid.
Not that I would know.
Also, did it just dawn on anyone else that this thread went from glasses to sex toys in 25 posts.
-
Also, did it just dawn on anyone else that this thread went from glasses to sex toys in 25 posts.
Yes, via pregnant ladies. How do we do it? It's a thing of beauty.
-
Yes, via pregnant ladies. How do we do it? It's a thing of beauty.
Indeed. Brought a tear to my eye, it did.
-
Have you at least ordered a Fleshlight?
You know, for the ladies, they make double dongs. Do they make a two ended fleshlight?
-
You know, for the ladies, they make double dongs. Do they make a two ended fleshlight?
For the splittest of all split-seconds, I considered googling this.
Then I came to my senses.
-
Chinese Fingercuffs!
>===<
-
ASCII BUKAKKE!!!
8=====D ~~~~~~ ^_^
-
I really can't imagine those are worth it.
Yeah, whatever happened to masturbating the old-fashioned way?
-
Yeah, whatever happened to masturbating the old-fashioned way?
Oh sure GRANDPA, live in the past. Nowadays we're doing it all by thought alone; why just think of it: Your boss could be orgasming the moment he talks to you about your recent performance and you would never know!
But you keep doing it the way Cavemen, Pioneers, and your Grandparents did it you luddite.
Edit: Cavement? WTF? I need more sleep.
-
But you keep doing it the way Cavement, Pioneers, and your Grandparents did it you luddite.
You know I really don't like to think about what sex was like in the days before running water and toilet paper.
~Paul
-
Imagine the possibilities!
-
Oh sure GRANDPA, live in the past. Nowadays we're doing it all by thought alone; why just think of it: Your boss could be orgasming the moment he talks to you about your recent performance and you would never know!
This is possible, at least for girls, by the way.
Not that I, er, know anything about that, or anything.
-
This is possible, at least for girls, by the way.
Not that I, er, know anything about that, or anything.
I knew a girl once who claimed to do this ALL THE TIME.
I used to tell her that I thought she was just hiding a massaging showerhead in her trousers, but that's a pretty hard thing to hide (in re: extra long hose, the constant wet pantaloons, and the unnerving noise of running water FROM YOUR BREECHES!)
-
I understand that this is possible for both sexes while asleep. Doesn't that count?
-
I believe that's called "Asleep Style" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042003)
-
But you keep doing it the way Cavement, Pioneers, and your Grandparents did it you luddite.
Isn't Cavement that new band that is formed from members of both Cake and Pavement?
-
I believe that's called "Asleep Style" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042003)
No, that's not doing it just with your mind, that's doing it with another person asleep.
-
I believe that's called "Asleep Style" (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02042003)
I just wanted to state that for the right person, asleep doggie style is possible.
-
It all depends on how you fall asleep I'd imagine.
(Vis a vis: On all fours and moaning?)
-
I really can't imagine those are worth it.
I refer you to Mantonio's signature.
~Paul
-
I just wanted to state that for the right person, asleep doggie style is possible.
That person would probably be me after a night with the sweet vodka.
But, since I've never awoken with damaged capillaries in my anus, it's all good.
-
That person would probably be me after a night with the sweet vodka.
But, since I've never awoken with damaged capillaries in my anus, it's all good.
Yet.
-
I always say it's not damage.
That's what we call love.
-
That person would probably be me after a night with the sweet vodka.
But, since I've never awoken with damaged capillaries in my anus, it's all good.
What, you check? Every morning or just after drinking?
-
What, you check? Every morning or just after drinking?
There's a difference?
-
There's a difference?
It's funny because it's true.
-
No blood in the toilet = No anal rapage.
I hope.