The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: swinehund on April 12, 2006, 05:38:32 pm

Title: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: swinehund on April 12, 2006, 05:38:32 pm
I found this (http://www.flyaboveall.com/dogs.htm) pretty creepy, not for any particularly intellectual reasons.
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: Drygioni on April 12, 2006, 06:37:12 pm
That makes me want to cry. All too reminiscent of that scene in The Lady and the Tramp. Thanks a lot for bringing up horrific childhood memories, pigdog.
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: V-Adore on April 12, 2006, 07:15:13 pm
Let's be honest here: has anyone ever owned a bulldog who was not also a stubby, bulldog-looking person?

It's the identical hair thing that bugs me most, I think... (also, are there any cat owners like this? Or is the relative morphological narrowness of housecats keeping that rate lower?)
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: swinehund on April 12, 2006, 07:31:28 pm
Let's be honest here: has anyone ever owned a bulldog who was not also a stubby, bulldog-looking person?

It's the identical hair thing that bugs me most, I think... (also, are there any cat owners like this? Or is the relative morphological narrowness of housecats keeping that rate lower?)

There was that one lady who tried (http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/14/2005/08/jocelyn_wildens.html), but her success is debatable. I don't even think she owns cats. Probably both that cats are less diverse, and also that they look less like humans in the first place?

I guess you have to be kind of attracted to the persona you imagine your pet puts forth, even if they only look like it and do not act that way at all. One might aruge that this could extend to all sort of inanimate objects that a person might possess.

However I am not going to post a picture of me beside my toaster. My bike does kind of look like me, though.
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: swinehund on April 12, 2006, 07:33:03 pm
That makes me want to cry. All too reminiscent of that scene in The Lady and the Tramp. Thanks a lot for bringing up horrific childhood memories, pigdog.

I aim to, um, cause unease.
(like it rhymes with please, get it?)
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 12, 2006, 09:05:49 pm
There was that one lady who tried (http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com/14/2005/08/jocelyn_wildens.html)

It seems to me like she would need to have her lips removed and the area under her nose split to really look like a cat. And whiskers implanted, of course.

No one can be good looking with lips like that. No one.

Modified to add: The Grey bitch in the original link is the HAWTT
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: Doc on April 13, 2006, 01:04:35 am
Who would honestly want to enter this competition and be proud of winning? CONGRATULATIONS YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR PET ANIMAL!

The freckles girl is freaking me the most since she has obviously either styled her hair to match her dogs or styled her dogs hair to match her own, either way it is the saddest thing.
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 13, 2006, 11:47:35 am
This is an old ad campaign, not a real contest.  Note the little tins of dog food in the lower right of each dog's picture.
Title: Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
Post by: swinehund on April 13, 2006, 05:50:50 pm
This is an old ad campaign, not a real contest.  Note the little tins of dog food in the lower right of each dog's picture.

Yes, I figured that out a bit later. But it's still creepy!