Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest  (Read 2419 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« on: April 12, 2006, 05:38:32 pm »

I found this pretty creepy, not for any particularly intellectual reasons.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:12 pm »

That makes me want to cry. All too reminiscent of that scene in The Lady and the Tramp. Thanks a lot for bringing up horrific childhood memories, pigdog.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:15:13 pm »

Let's be honest here: has anyone ever owned a bulldog who was not also a stubby, bulldog-looking person?

It's the identical hair thing that bugs me most, I think... (also, are there any cat owners like this? Or is the relative morphological narrowness of housecats keeping that rate lower?)
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:31:28 pm »

Let's be honest here: has anyone ever owned a bulldog who was not also a stubby, bulldog-looking person?

It's the identical hair thing that bugs me most, I think... (also, are there any cat owners like this? Or is the relative morphological narrowness of housecats keeping that rate lower?)

There was that one lady who tried, but her success is debatable. I don't even think she owns cats. Probably both that cats are less diverse, and also that they look less like humans in the first place?

I guess you have to be kind of attracted to the persona you imagine your pet puts forth, even if they only look like it and do not act that way at all. One might aruge that this could extend to all sort of inanimate objects that a person might possess.

However I am not going to post a picture of me beside my toaster. My bike does kind of look like me, though.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:33:03 pm »

That makes me want to cry. All too reminiscent of that scene in The Lady and the Tramp. Thanks a lot for bringing up horrific childhood memories, pigdog.

I aim to, um, cause unease.
(like it rhymes with please, get it?)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 09:05:49 pm »

There was that one lady who tried

It seems to me like she would need to have her lips removed and the area under her nose split to really look like a cat. And whiskers implanted, of course.

No one can be good looking with lips like that. No one.

Modified to add: The Grey bitch in the original link is the HAWTT
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:06:55 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:04:35 am »

Who would honestly want to enter this competition and be proud of winning? CONGRATULATIONS YOU LOOK LIKE YOUR PET ANIMAL!

The freckles girl is freaking me the most since she has obviously either styled her hair to match her dogs or styled her dogs hair to match her own, either way it is the saddest thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:47:35 am »

This is an old ad campaign, not a real contest.  Note the little tins of dog food in the lower right of each dog's picture.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Winners of the "I Look Like My Dog" Contest
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 05:50:50 pm »

This is an old ad campaign, not a real contest.  Note the little tins of dog food in the lower right of each dog's picture.

Yes, I figured that out a bit later. But it's still creepy!
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up