The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: robot_god on April 27, 2006, 11:43:34 pm

Title: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 27, 2006, 11:43:34 pm
using drugs for one week now.  I am going to be looking for a job that will require drug testing.

I don't know if it is good or bad.  My memory is definitly better, but I feel less passionate about things in general.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 28, 2006, 12:23:03 am
Find the hole in your life you were filling with drugs and fill it with something else.

Times like these in your life are really good for self-examination because you are on kind of a raw edge and lucid. It's valuable so take advantage of it.

And good going on the drugs, hopefully they won't do any weird and far reaching tests. Being drug free is OK. Once you fill that part of your life with something fulfilling and worthwhile, you won't miss them.

Good luck on the job, too.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2006, 12:35:32 am
Being drug free is OK. Once you fill that part of your life with something fulfilling and worthwhile, you won't miss them.

Like booty.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: lprkn on April 28, 2006, 12:39:10 am
Treasure booty and bootylicious booty both!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: misterqueue on April 28, 2006, 12:42:45 am
Yarr!  Belay that talk ye scurvy bilge rat!  Ye'll be keelhauled fer gettin the scuppers in the jags! 



(I am sorry about this, you activated my obsession)
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2006, 12:51:59 am
Sigh, apparently I need to clarify my original post.

Like booty the ladies. Hot, wet, nasty sex with the ladies.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Ben-San on April 28, 2006, 01:03:18 am
If pirates fill the void then who are you to judge?
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: misterqueue on April 28, 2006, 01:22:00 am
Dude.. if we're talking about filling voids, and the ladies, then I wanna be the one doing the filling.  IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!


hence the confusion I suppose.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: theinevitable on April 28, 2006, 01:26:49 am
especially if the void is...
you know, if the void belongs to...

god damnit! Q! This isn't working for me!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 28, 2006, 01:35:57 am
You know man, you have to weigh whether steady employment is worth losing the taste of sweet, sweet illegal drugs.

In my opinion, no freakin way.  Of course I am a certified loser, so take this with some grains of salt.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on April 28, 2006, 03:12:24 am
Good luck, dude. I know that sorta numb feeling - it too shall pass. I recommend looking into meditation, cheesy as it sounds. Even just sitting still and counting breaths for a good 20 minutes helps clear shit out, for me at least.

I fill the void with peanut butter cups, which is why I just can't lose those last 5 pounds. Maybe I should start doing drugs again. Oh, no wait, I like peanut butter cups even more when I'm high off my ass. Better keep things as they are.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: misterqueue on April 28, 2006, 03:20:02 am
Mite: Is it merely a coincidence then that the cat in your avatar looks drugged?

I am just sayin' is all.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: AugustWest on April 28, 2006, 03:47:58 am
Whoa!  You're right, that cat is fuck*ng toasted!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: miles on April 28, 2006, 03:56:04 am
My eyelids are such that, especially when I'm tired, I always look fucked up.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 28, 2006, 05:08:13 am
I recommend looking into meditation, cheesy as it sounds.
Eh.  I've been to the astral plane.  Why spend months meditating when the right combination of drugs can get you there in like 90 minutes?



Well... I guess because meditating won't leave you in the middle of the street wearing nothing but a pair of olive colored briefs, covered in blood  from tearing the rear view mirror off a van and crushing it with your hands.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on April 28, 2006, 10:52:54 am
Mite: Is it merely a coincidence then that the cat in your avatar looks drugged?

Some would say there are no such thing as coincidences. I am not one of them, though. I chose him out of thousands at cute overload (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2006/03/dude_whats_up.html) for exactly that reason.

"Dude, why did you turn on the light? Look - I just cannot deal with you now"

Though I might change it soon to our new kitten! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinitooples) (pictures of me making faces at him are beneath the glowing pickle). His name at the shelter was Filipe, but we just couldn't take ourselves seriously calling a kitten Filipe. So we moved him from Spain to France, and now he's Phillipe! Which, for some reason, is a perfectly reasonable cat name.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2006, 11:14:31 am
No, use the glowing pickle!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on April 28, 2006, 11:17:57 am
The glowing pickle is cool (I made that particular rig for when I got to go on the local morning news show a couple weeks ago), but it's not cute and fuzzy. And dammit, I need regular doses of cute and fuzzy when I'm on the internet.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: wombat on April 28, 2006, 12:38:16 pm
PICKLE!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: misterqueue on April 28, 2006, 01:18:01 pm


Well... I guess because meditating won't leave you in the middle of the street wearing nothing but a pair of olive colored briefs, covered in blood  from tearing the rear view mirror off a van and crushing it with your hands.


Some of the best parties I've been to ended up that way.  Well, i guess it wasn't really a party.  It was really just me and a bunch of talking glass bottles.

But dammit, it felt like a party.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: pmcd9 on April 28, 2006, 01:45:39 pm
Well... I guess because meditating won't leave you in the middle of the street wearing nothing but a pair of olive colored briefs, covered in blood  from tearing the rear view mirror off a van and crushing it with your hands.

Enough with the snippets, out with it, the whole story please.

~Paul
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: side_show on April 28, 2006, 02:39:36 pm
*****_god: It's been over a year for me, and I was just recently looking back over said year, and I am amazed!  It has been the most productive year ever: we got a house, my play got picked up for production, I've figured out a lot of my personal issues... It's good.  I wont deny that I still miss it sometimes, but man, oh, man - getting high is so shockingly unnessisary.  Give it a couple months and you'll be fine, and also will have more money.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 28, 2006, 02:47:05 pm
Some would say there are no such thing as coincidences. I am not one of them, though. I chose him out of thousands at cute overload (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2006/03/dude_whats_up.html) for exactly that reason.

"Dude, why did you turn on the light? Look - I just cannot deal with you now"

Man cuteoverload is possibly the best site on the internet.  You know what makes it better though?

DRUGS

Just kidding.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: V-Adore on April 28, 2006, 03:16:25 pm
Wow, Philippe is very dear and wee. Be careful! Be sure not to frighten or break him! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinitooples/131298867/)
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 28, 2006, 03:26:17 pm
Alright, sure, for you Paul.

A buddy of mine picked up what were probably the most potent shrooms of all time.  I ate an eighth of them and was shrooming pretty hard.  Very hard, actually.  Another buddy hadn't ate any so he put together a cocktail of broken up shrooms and trees and started packing my old acrylic bong.  I hit it many times, and from this point I have to rely on other people's stories.

I stood up and threw the bong, spinning through the air, towards the table, dousing a bunch of dudes that were playing cards with bongwater.  This is going on in my basement which is pretty dingy.  It's not furnished, and the floor is concrete and pretty dusty.  The corners are basically full of dirt.  I jumped (more of throwing one's self) over this piece of excercise equipment landing in this filthy pile of dirt in the corner.  In my mind, I was basically rising to the forefront of humanity, becoming the mind expanding consciousness more quickly than any other living thing on the planet.  Time was slowing down, and I was prepared for it to come to a halt, for eternity, because the places I was reaching to were the final place that any mind could possibly reach.  A few seconds later (seemed like about 5 minutes later) my mind orgasmed.  That is hard to explain.  Well back in the fake world, I think people tried helping me up and this is probably around the time I started getting loud.  I dunno how long this went on, but I spent alot of time screaming and being pinned down to the ground by five people.  Some dudes girlfriend thought that the foolproof cure would be to pour milk down my throat.  ???  My friends are bigger morons then I thought for going through with that.  I think I was gagged with a wet towel for awhile, too.  Obviously, the restraints only made me more agitated.  I hear I was doing pretty well fighting against five people holding me down.  Nice.

Well anyway, eventually someone put on some classical music on a radio and I was very much soothed.  I used to play cello in an orchestra, classical music was my favorite music to listen to while hallucinating.  So I was sat down in a chair and was pretty much calm.  I was talking about myself as if I had died.  It was basically my subconsious going through it's death/rebirth routine, because it believed the rest of my brain was dead.  The same idiot girl had a new bright idea to bring me outside and put me in my car to muffle my screaming, but at this point, I was no longer screaming. ??? So I was lifted out of the chair and led outside and two good buddies accompanied me.  I felt like I was walking along a fixed path although I was walking on my own.  The haziness of the steetlights at night and the linear nature of my fixed path led my mind to believe that this was some kind of a dream world.  Kind of like a lucid dream, kind of like a heaven.  I was following the dudes to my car through the street and I was feeling this spiral of creation moving though my body.  It was very relaxing and when it reached my abdomen, I pissed myself a bit.  Man, that felt good.  So I walked over to my car and this dude had the backdoor of my Pontiac open and was trying to get me to go in.  I thought he wanted to have gay sex with me, so I was like, hell no, man.  I walked down this block a block continuing to feel like I was on a fixed path, and at one point, I was released from the path.  It was as if God had said, "You may now go free about the world."  My eyes widened, and at the absolute top of my lungs (at probably 2am) I stared screaming "I CAN DO WHAT I FUCKIN WANT" and started running through the streets, feeling like everything was my lucid dream to play with.  At this point, my mind was pretty clear, if someone would have told me, "Dude, you're not in a dream world man, this is reality and you're waking people up and they're looking at you."  I would have stopped and been like, "Oh shit, man... my bad!"  But I never heard this.  So I was kicking shit over, screaming the name of the girl I loved and broke up with me (Megan), punching my buddy in the shoulder full strength, punching car hoods, stripping off pieces of clothing, etc., etc.  I found a nice empty insection by some factories and was throwing around tires.  In this intersection, I found a van to pick on, took off a valve cap, ripped off the rear view mirror and crunched it up.  My hands were soaked in blood.

All of this could have been avoided, very easily.  However, I'm glad it wasn't.  That moment was the one and only time in my life I felt completely free to do whatever it was I pleased, and I did whatever the fuck I wanted to do.  It was glorious.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: pmcd9 on April 28, 2006, 04:25:15 pm
To paraphrase Hank Hill, you don't have a drug problem you have an idiot problem.  Although, as fucked up as you were, you probably would have caused some trouble anyway without their interference help.  The milk thing is for heroin.  Milk will calm down a heroin addict who is freaking out.  I've seen it work.  When a person is having a bad acid trip and they finally mellow out the best thing to do is leave them alone.  Well i'm glad that the worst you got was some minor cuts.  If you feel the need to do drugs again, prepare yourself better.  Create a safe environment in which to trip out in and don't trip with a bunch of fools that are gonna lead you into the street when you are peaking.

~Paul
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: smick on April 28, 2006, 04:50:13 pm
If you feel the need to do drugs again, prepare yourself better. 

I would suggest duct taping thick socks over your hands, of course, the perception that your arms end in gray stumps can be troublesome.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 28, 2006, 04:54:36 pm
Well i'm glad that the worst you got was some minor cuts.

Aye.  About a day or two later, I read on Fark.com about some dude doing the exact same thing, except he was totally nude and found dead due to blood loss after smashing the window of a cop car with his body.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: CortJstr on April 28, 2006, 05:59:21 pm
Some would say there are no such thing as coincidences. I am not one of them, though. I chose him out of thousands at cute overload (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2006/03/dude_whats_up.html) for exactly that reason.

"Dude, why did you turn on the light? Look - I just cannot deal with you now"

Though I might change it soon to our new kitten! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/infinitooples) (pictures of me making faces at him are beneath the glowing pickle). His name at the shelter was Filipe, but we just couldn't take ourselves seriously calling a kitten Filipe. So we moved him from Spain to France, and now he's Phillipe! Which, for some reason, is a perfectly reasonable cat name.

The cat is totally playing you (http://www.partiallyclips.com/index.php?id=1005&c=1). He knows how cute he is and is using it to his advantage.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 28, 2006, 06:01:21 pm
I had to put my cat down earlier this year after having him for 16 years. He was probably closer to 17 years old, he was a stray. I'm posting this because I'm happy to see that he was reincarnated and in good hands.

Your Philippe looks a lot like ol' Spanky.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: swinehund on April 28, 2006, 07:48:42 pm
Eh.  I've been to the astral plane.  Why spend months meditating when the right combination of drugs can get you there in like 90 minutes?

There are different approaches to meditation, of course the more popularized one is about having trippy enlightening experiences. The other (much more useful) one is about getting your mind to shut the fuck up for 20 minutes or so. It's pretty good for getting out of 'stuck in a loop' sort of mental states if you give it an honest try.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: theinevitable on April 28, 2006, 08:28:06 pm
V-Adore:

OH MY GOD CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT

I want to snuggle it a few times.

damn, now I am upset about missing the cat that I helped my ex-girlfriend pick out. he is the laziest cat in the world. he walks five feet, and then lays down. it is adorable.

his name is henry and I miss him. damn.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 28, 2006, 08:37:55 pm
There are different approaches to meditation, of course the more popularized one is about having trippy enlightening experiences. The other (much more useful) one is about getting your mind to shut the fuck up for 20 minutes or so. It's pretty good for getting out of 'stuck in a loop' sort of mental states if you give it an honest try.

I know, I was just be facetious.  I am a buddhist, ya know.

And worse comes to worst, there's always cold medication.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: FlipConstantine on April 28, 2006, 08:50:00 pm
I am a buddhist, ya know.

Hippy.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: swinehund on April 28, 2006, 08:52:12 pm
I know, I was just be facetious.  I am a buddhist, ya know.

And worse comes to worst, there's always cold medication.

I hear pseudoephedrine's getting harder to buy these days too (as a precursor).

Actually, when I first took it for a cold (and managed like 12 hours of effective mental work, which is not common), I was kind of surprised it was still legal. I could see it as being pretty easy to get hooked on. Then I looked it up, and apparently it was a favourite among the AA crowd, at about 4 times the recommended daily dose.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on April 28, 2006, 08:56:27 pm
V-Adore:

OH MY GOD CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT

I want to snuggle it a few times.

Ahem.

That is my cat. He is only available for snuggling when he's asleep. When he's awake, he can't stop batting at things long enough to snuggle. He totally plays me - he meows pathetically until I go and play with him. But tomorrow, he gets his last round of shots, and then Philippe gets to play with Moggie, our other cat. She spent most of the last week hiding in the kitchen cupboards, but now she's warming up to him, and they bat at each other under the door that separates them. So cute!

Dawg - I'm honored to have your reincarnated cat. He rocks pretty hard.

*****-God - Next to Scotch, cold medicine is my favorite legal drug. That reformulated sudafed is shit, but the good stuff...ahh, it makes me love allergy season.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: robot_god on April 28, 2006, 09:05:59 pm
#####-God - Next to Scotch, cold medicine is my favorite legal drug. That reformulated sudafed is shit, but the good stuff...ahh, it makes me love allergy season.

You sure said it.  One time I grabbed the bottle to pop one last Benadryl but instead of a pill, I poured a glass of milk into my hand.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: theinevitable on April 28, 2006, 09:13:02 pm
this fellow has said that he has quit drugs for a job.
and we respond by talking about legal drugs.
and cats.

goodness gracious me.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: AlohaDawg on April 28, 2006, 09:27:53 pm

Dawg - I'm honored to have your reincarnated cat. He rocks pretty hard.


His classic move as a young cat would be to sit next to you unnoticed as you are putting on yours socks. Then, when both your hands are engaged in putting a sock on, he'll take off running with the other sock in his mouth trailing behind him like a pennant.

Later, you'll move and find 10 odd socks behind your desk.

Today is a red-letter day to be a cat owner. (http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/14446459.htm)

Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: lprkn on May 01, 2006, 04:32:00 pm
That is adorable. Makes me miss my cat, who is staying with my parents because pets are not allowed in my apartment, and my roommate can be a dick. The cat is kind of a bitch, though.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on May 01, 2006, 04:42:58 pm
His classic move as a young cat would be to sit next to you unnoticed as you are putting on yours socks. Then, when both your hands are engaged in putting a sock on, he'll take off running with the other sock in his mouth trailing behind him like a pennant.

Later, you'll move and find 10 odd socks behind your desk.

He's not quite big enough to take on a whole sock yet, though he's a fan of shoelaces. He was formally introduced to Moggie on Saturday, and they seem to be getting along as well as can be expected. They tag-teamed me this morning to get me up to feed them, anyway.
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: misterqueue on May 01, 2006, 04:44:57 pm
They tag-teamed me this morning


...Hot?
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: Mite on May 01, 2006, 04:47:19 pm
I didn't mean it like that, sick fuck!
Title: Re: I have quit
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 01, 2006, 09:39:14 pm
Clearly, my drug experiences were much less interesting than y'alls were, culminating more simply with... peeing on a tree and forgetting if I did or not, playing air saxophone while listening to Ben Folds albums and at the very worst, pretending to be Mark Twain for a few hours at a time.

But whether or not my college years were wasted by not doing harder drugs that would allow me to debate Weber and Kant with geometric patterns... or flying to Neptune and making out with giantesses... there is one thing that even an Enthusiastic Novice as myself knows instantly:

The cat is clearly cheeched.