Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I have quit  (Read 7454 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
I have quit
« on: April 27, 2006, 11:43:34 pm »

using drugs for one week now.  I am going to be looking for a job that will require drug testing.

I don't know if it is good or bad.  My memory is definitly better, but I feel less passionate about things in general.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:23:03 am »

Find the hole in your life you were filling with drugs and fill it with something else.

Times like these in your life are really good for self-examination because you are on kind of a raw edge and lucid. It's valuable so take advantage of it.

And good going on the drugs, hopefully they won't do any weird and far reaching tests. Being drug free is OK. Once you fill that part of your life with something fulfilling and worthwhile, you won't miss them.

Good luck on the job, too.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:35:32 am »

Being drug free is OK. Once you fill that part of your life with something fulfilling and worthwhile, you won't miss them.

Like booty.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:39:10 am »

Treasure booty and bootylicious booty both!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I have quit
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 12:42:45 am »

Yarr!  Belay that talk ye scurvy bilge rat!  Ye'll be keelhauled fer gettin the scuppers in the jags! 



(I am sorry about this, you activated my obsession)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 12:51:59 am »

Sigh, apparently I need to clarify my original post.

Like booty the ladies. Hot, wet, nasty sex with the ladies.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 01:03:18 am »

If pirates fill the void then who are you to judge?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I have quit
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 01:22:00 am »

Dude.. if we're talking about filling voids, and the ladies, then I wanna be the one doing the filling.  IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!


hence the confusion I suppose.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I have quit
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 01:26:49 am »

especially if the void is...
you know, if the void belongs to...

god damnit! Q! This isn't working for me!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: I have quit
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 01:35:57 am »

You know man, you have to weigh whether steady employment is worth losing the taste of sweet, sweet illegal drugs.

In my opinion, no freakin way.  Of course I am a certified loser, so take this with some grains of salt.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 03:12:24 am »

Good luck, dude. I know that sorta numb feeling - it too shall pass. I recommend looking into meditation, cheesy as it sounds. Even just sitting still and counting breaths for a good 20 minutes helps clear shit out, for me at least.

I fill the void with peanut butter cups, which is why I just can't lose those last 5 pounds. Maybe I should start doing drugs again. Oh, no wait, I like peanut butter cups even more when I'm high off my ass. Better keep things as they are.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I have quit
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 03:20:02 am »

Mite: Is it merely a coincidence then that the cat in your avatar looks drugged?

I am just sayin' is all.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 03:47:58 am »

Whoa!  You're right, that cat is fuck*ng toasted!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: I have quit
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 03:56:04 am »

My eyelids are such that, especially when I'm tired, I always look fucked up.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I have quit
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 05:08:13 am »

I recommend looking into meditation, cheesy as it sounds.
Eh.  I've been to the astral plane.  Why spend months meditating when the right combination of drugs can get you there in like 90 minutes?



Well... I guess because meditating won't leave you in the middle of the street wearing nothing but a pair of olive colored briefs, covered in blood  from tearing the rear view mirror off a van and crushing it with your hands.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up