The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Fooker on May 04, 2006, 03:03:03 am

Title: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 04, 2006, 03:03:03 am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6056014456

A summary is not going to do it justice.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: lprkn on May 04, 2006, 07:06:50 am
I have no money with which to buy SatanBear.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: KeithHernandez on May 04, 2006, 08:41:51 am
uh, that seems like a real long ebay post. 
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 04, 2006, 11:01:38 am
good lord, I am terrified.

that bear looks like the devil for real.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 04, 2006, 03:30:07 pm
THE BEST THING I GOT now has a low one dollar opening bid.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 04, 2006, 05:29:50 pm
That is a long eBay post and I must admit I didn't read any of it except for the opening paragraph before the picture.

By the way, evil ghost and spirits do not exist.

This will become a good conversation about the movie Poltergeist!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: AugustWest on May 04, 2006, 05:40:22 pm
That is a long eBay post and I must admit I didn't read any of it except for the opening paragraph before the picture.


Me either, but dang if that bear doesn't look like Alf's evil twin.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 04, 2006, 05:43:54 pm
Me either, but dang if that bear doesn't look like Alf's evil twin.

I thought Alf was the evil twin?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 04, 2006, 05:59:23 pm
Ok I was really bored so I read the whole thing. It was slightly believeable up until the part where the bear had the knife. It was an interesting story though.  :-*
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 04, 2006, 06:11:57 pm
How do you know which parts were insanity / hallucinations and which were real?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 04, 2006, 07:51:28 pm
god damn, things like that are why I can never live alone. No matter how much I rationally think things out, stupid scary shit will bother me.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 04, 2006, 08:16:37 pm
How do you know which parts were insanity / hallucinations and which were real?

As an eBay item I was assuming you were describing it with real factual details. If I had a daydream about my car driving 240 mph on the Nuremberg I don't think I'd include it in my item description. Unless, of course, this is a feature of the bear. By owning this will I experience cool hallucinations and temporary insanity as you suggest? This could work, ya know. I say go with it; try to work it into the deal that the winning bidder will also be able to enjoy simulated horror film moments!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: robot_god on May 04, 2006, 08:31:40 pm
god damn, things like that are why I can never live alone. No matter how much I rationally think things out, stupid scary shit will bother me.

So have you ever like, been walking up a dark flight of stairs and turn around and look down into the blackness and just completely expect some kind of demon-ghoul to totally fly into your face.  Man, I'm always ready for that one.

It's almost dissapointing.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 04, 2006, 08:54:34 pm
egh, it's more of the "holy shit, I swear there's something behind me... ok... ok, on three I'm turning around... one... two... *cat walks out from behind sofa* OH FUCK!"

or this one time, because my ex-girlfriend was not very nice about my terror, she started prank-calling me. she had somehow blocked my cellphone's caller-id, and she called like 10 times. I just said "whatever, someone is fuck*ng with me"
and then she called me, (fake) crying, and said that someone kept calling her, and she could hear them breathing, etc.

even after she told me it was her I figured it out, I was so revved up that I couldn't sleep.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: wombat on May 04, 2006, 09:09:55 pm
No, but have you ever been in a big indoor parking garage walking to your car, and no one else is around, and you hear ominous music, and you turn around....

No, not that either.  Because I never park in parking garages.  No good can come of it.  If you see it on TV and in the movies it must be true.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 04, 2006, 09:11:50 pm
What's worse is when you're in a parking garage and you think you hear footsteps behind you.  Then you stop and listen, and the footsteps stop, but maybe there was one that was just so off...  And then you think "nah" and keep walking.  Then you get raped.

Yeah I hate that one.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: robot_god on May 04, 2006, 09:15:23 pm
Parking garage... eh... what's the worst that can happen, some crazed hobo spitting syphilis all over?  Big deal, they have antibiotics for that.  I'd think more like... the forest... rustling in the bushes... oh man, way out here?  I'd never get to the penicillin in time.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: misterqueue on May 04, 2006, 09:22:06 pm
Dude.. one time I was getting in the trunk of my car to put groceries away... and you guessed it



mauled by a bear.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Drygioni on May 04, 2006, 09:35:54 pm
Dude.. one time I was getting in the trunk of my car to put groceries away...

Getting in your own trunk? Now you know how it feels to be one of your victims.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: misterqueue on May 04, 2006, 09:38:28 pm
Getting in your own trunk? Now you know how it feels to be one of your victims.

Only part of the way since I don't lock it on myself.

(also no blindfold or broomhandles in orifices)
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobot on May 04, 2006, 09:42:30 pm
So have you ever like, been walking up a dark flight of stairs and turn around and look down into the blackness and just completely expect some kind of demon-ghoul to totally fly into your face.  Man, I'm always ready for that one.

I still sprint up the stairs from the basement in my house for this very reason.  But I'm afraid of pretty much everything ever.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2006, 01:01:15 am
yeah, that friend did comment that you made her drink a swig of holy water and eat A Garlic before entry.

also that you beat her up in your sleep, mistaking her for a Demon with Designs on your Honour.

also that you said you didn't want to celebrate your birthday because it meant you were closer to dying. that part was real.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobot on May 05, 2006, 01:09:46 am
yeah, that friend did comment that you made her drink a swig of holy water and eat A Garlic before entry.

also that you beat her up in your sleep, mistaking her for a Demon with Designs on your Honour.

also that you said you didn't want to celebrate your birthday because it meant you were closer to dying. that part was real.

Well I do thrash and scream in my sleep.

Yeah, that was a pretty morbid weekend for me.  I probably said a lot of crazy things.  However, I stand by my declaration to her, because birthdays (and baby pictures) remind me of my mortality.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2006, 01:15:34 am
she was basically worried about you. that you would say something like "you can't leave me. now you know my secret. *pulls out long ceremonial knife*"

also: yeah, my cousin does the thrashing/screaming thing. as does my grandfather, apparently.

it is very disturbing. their nightmares give me nightmares.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: misterqueue on May 05, 2006, 01:22:04 am
Well I do thrash and scream in my sleep.

You weren't exactly sleeping then....




just sayin' is all.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 05, 2006, 02:59:02 am
Dork.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 05, 2006, 03:10:19 am
You weren't exactly sleeping then....

just sayin' is all.

The fact that I saw this coming a mile away means:
a) Q is getting too predictable
b) I'm perverted as well
c) Hobot is setting Q up
d) All of the above
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 05, 2006, 03:15:24 am
Yeah, I think they're working together.  They're a travelling con team.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: misterqueue on May 05, 2006, 03:26:07 am
Oh we're working together all right...


IF YUO KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!1111
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 03:34:45 am
Holy crap dudes. Look at the views + money already,.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 05, 2006, 03:48:31 am
Holy crap dudes. Look at the views + money already,.


What did you call me?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 04:08:05 am
I called you a crap dude. Hobos usually are crap dudes in that they either smell like it, have it on them, or usually both.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 04:08:28 am
i'm sorry that doesn't make sense dude. crap. :(
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 04:52:52 pm
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/05/devil_teddy_bear/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 05, 2006, 05:05:54 pm
Holy shit, Fooker.  You made the paper, have many many bids, and 19,000+ views as of this post.

How in the world did you get The Register to run a story about your auction? That sounds like pretty good auction mojo.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 05, 2006, 05:15:16 pm
How does this savvy business tycoon have -14 cans? Nice job on the auction, by the way,

(-13 after my post)
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 07:27:08 pm
I just asked myself "how would ray do this".
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 05, 2006, 07:56:55 pm
wow,
so,
is it ok if me and my friend call our band Hellbear?

we'll probably only keep the name a week... you know how it is.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: AugustWest on May 05, 2006, 08:09:48 pm
WWRD?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 08:20:53 pm
http://www.myspace.com/hauntedbear

Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 05, 2006, 09:08:09 pm
wow,
so,
is it ok if me and my friend call our band Hellbear?

we'll probably only keep the name a week... you know how it is.

Yes. Do you want to use a photo of the bear as an album cover?

Because that would be wicked.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 09, 2006, 05:32:34 pm
Who is driving? BARON IS DRIVING, HOW CAN THAT BE?!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Drygioni on May 09, 2006, 05:33:56 pm
Fooker is only two posts away from being able to give/take cans.

Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 09, 2006, 05:46:24 pm
Fooker is only two posts away from being able to give/take cans.

Those will be the Death Times, Judy.  All souls will burn.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 09, 2006, 06:04:13 pm
Dude, I would totally accept a comment from Baron on my myspace page (http://myspace.com/wordfront/) if it wasn't so huge it made the page scroll horizontally.

Also, I expect some kickback from the now $800 you're getting for your old stuffed bear for all of the promotion we've done for you here.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 10, 2006, 04:33:34 pm
Go read the myspace page again.

I just took it in the ass from eBay. This could have gone to 10k+.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 10, 2006, 04:44:01 pm
How much could you give me for full shirt rights? ;)
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 10, 2006, 05:40:13 pm
Whoa.  What happened? (sorry, can't find the myspace page now).

Anyway, can't you sell it off-ebay then, now that it's famous?  Surely you must have some of those email addresses or ebay user names at least?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 10, 2006, 05:43:26 pm
They sure gave you a bullshit reason for pulling it, too. How can they conclude you aren't selling an item when the item is pictured?

I guess maybe the problem was they felt you were selling the 'supernatural qualities' of the item? Or maybe thay don't believe your story of possession, demonic presence, etc.

I think you should unleash it's dark forces on E-bay.

Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 10, 2006, 06:04:27 pm
I'm going to run a second listing, three day auction, launching it so it'll finish at 5pm west coast time.

If you guys want to give me some tips on how I'm doing this new one, it would be appreciated.. I had thought I wouldn't have to expend any more energy on this.

Quote
This is Baron. I listed him earlier with eBay and he became world famous.

I listed a long and now well known account of things that happened to do with this bear. The listing recieved over 110k views, 800+ watchers, nearly a thousand dollars in bids,  and hundreds of questions / emails. I noted publicly that it was odd that an auction with 800 watchers was beat out of the Pulse by listings for e-books that had less views than I had watchers. The auction was promptly reported as fraudulent (I wonder by who?) and pulled by eBay. If you want to find a copy of the original listing, it will not be difficult.

Dear eBay: I am following all rules and guidelines when listing this item. Removing my listing when I am not in violation of the contract entered in to when signing up for an account and listing an item will be taken seriously this time.

Now that that's out of the way, let's do this.

Baron is very famous. Baron has thousands and thousands of fans. Baron is a rather aged stuffed bear. I am not responsible for anything that happens if you win the auction and receive him, or for nothing happening. You are bidding on and receiving an extremely famous stuffed bear which I claim has seriously malicious and bad paranormal activity associated with it. When the auction is finished I will release the final account of the story involved with Baron.

Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 10, 2006, 06:45:07 pm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6057889770
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 10, 2006, 07:05:05 pm
Since this has been an active discussion here of course we'll allow continued updates and posting of the auction listing, but just for the record, I would really rather people did not list their ebay auctions in new posts (a link to all of your active auctions in your sig is of course fine).
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Mite on May 10, 2006, 07:41:06 pm
But how else am I going to get the word out about my complete set of vintage Crazy Daisy corelle dishes RETRO MINT L00K!!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: arkabee on May 10, 2006, 09:09:16 pm
ssc:
i don't know how to use the ebay.

Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: theinevitable on May 10, 2006, 09:14:05 pm
every time I try to buy something on ebay, there are all kinds of credit-card and pay-pal steps I have to go through that take too long. and so I realize that by the time I could complete them, the auction would be over.
so I have never bought anything.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 10, 2006, 09:17:32 pm
eBay and paypal both suck goat balls.

http://whatarebears.ytmnd.com

I only listed this because it has humor value.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 10, 2006, 09:43:20 pm
eBay and paypal both suck goat balls.

http://whatarebears.ytmnd.com

I only listed this because it has humor value.


Whoa whoa wait a damn minute...who's driving car?
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: jough on May 11, 2006, 03:37:20 am
Bear driving!  That crazy!
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Honeycombhideout on May 14, 2006, 01:02:32 am
So I guess they cancelled the item again, huh?  The last line of the cancellation notice just sounds so menacing:  "Try searching for another item now." 

Show's over... nothing to see here.   
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 14, 2006, 05:42:00 am
Bear is driving? How can that be?

(Not Pikachu! Please don't sue!)
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: Fooker on May 14, 2006, 05:46:39 am
No, it sold.

$550.

The overage charges from my webhost's reseller account for the first auction are currently at $600.

THUS IT IS TIME TO SELL MY POSSESSIONS LIKE A MADMAN.


*not that kind, smartass.
Title: Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
Post by: miles on May 14, 2006, 06:21:41 am
So I guess they cancelled the item again, huh?  The last line of the cancellation notice just sounds so menacing:  "Try searching for another item now." 

I'd never thought of it in that way before, but it does kinda, doesn't it?  "Go ahead, try searching for another item.  Just try it, bitch."