Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT  (Read 9075 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 04:33:34 pm »

Go read the myspace page again.

I just took it in the ass from eBay. This could have gone to 10k+.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 04:44:01 pm »

How much could you give me for full shirt rights? ;)
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 05:40:13 pm »

Whoa.  What happened? (sorry, can't find the myspace page now).

Anyway, can't you sell it off-ebay then, now that it's famous?  Surely you must have some of those email addresses or ebay user names at least?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 05:43:26 pm »

They sure gave you a bullshit reason for pulling it, too. How can they conclude you aren't selling an item when the item is pictured?

I guess maybe the problem was they felt you were selling the 'supernatural qualities' of the item? Or maybe thay don't believe your story of possession, demonic presence, etc.

I think you should unleash it's dark forces on E-bay.

Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 06:04:27 pm »

I'm going to run a second listing, three day auction, launching it so it'll finish at 5pm west coast time.

If you guys want to give me some tips on how I'm doing this new one, it would be appreciated.. I had thought I wouldn't have to expend any more energy on this.

Quote
This is Baron. I listed him earlier with eBay and he became world famous.

I listed a long and now well known account of things that happened to do with this bear. The listing recieved over 110k views, 800+ watchers, nearly a thousand dollars in bids,  and hundreds of questions / emails. I noted publicly that it was odd that an auction with 800 watchers was beat out of the Pulse by listings for e-books that had less views than I had watchers. The auction was promptly reported as fraudulent (I wonder by who?) and pulled by eBay. If you want to find a copy of the original listing, it will not be difficult.

Dear eBay: I am following all rules and guidelines when listing this item. Removing my listing when I am not in violation of the contract entered in to when signing up for an account and listing an item will be taken seriously this time.

Now that that's out of the way, let's do this.

Baron is very famous. Baron has thousands and thousands of fans. Baron is a rather aged stuffed bear. I am not responsible for anything that happens if you win the auction and receive him, or for nothing happening. You are bidding on and receiving an extremely famous stuffed bear which I claim has seriously malicious and bad paranormal activity associated with it. When the auction is finished I will release the final account of the story involved with Baron.

Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2006, 07:05:05 pm »

Since this has been an active discussion here of course we'll allow continued updates and posting of the auction listing, but just for the record, I would really rather people did not list their ebay auctions in new posts (a link to all of your active auctions in your sig is of course fine).

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2006, 07:41:06 pm »

But how else am I going to get the word out about my complete set of vintage Crazy Daisy corelle dishes RETRO MINT L00K!!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2006, 09:09:16 pm »

ssc:
i don't know how to use the ebay.

Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2006, 09:14:05 pm »

every time I try to buy something on ebay, there are all kinds of credit-card and pay-pal steps I have to go through that take too long. and so I realize that by the time I could complete them, the auction would be over.
so I have never bought anything.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2006, 09:17:32 pm »

eBay and paypal both suck goat balls.

http://whatarebears.ytmnd.com

I only listed this because it has humor value.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2006, 09:43:20 pm »

eBay and paypal both suck goat balls.

http://whatarebears.ytmnd.com

I only listed this because it has humor value.


Whoa whoa wait a damn minute...who's driving car?
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2006, 03:37:20 am »

Bear driving!  That crazy!

Honeycombhideout

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 18
    • View Profile
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2006, 01:02:32 am »

So I guess they cancelled the item again, huh?  The last line of the cancellation notice just sounds so menacing:  "Try searching for another item now." 

Show's over... nothing to see here.   
Logged
I didn't ask for a shrink - that must've been somebody else. Also, that pudding isn't mine. Also, I'm wearing this suit today because I had a very important meeting this morning and I don't have a crying problem.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: THIS IS THE BEST THING I GOT
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 05:42:00 am »

Bear is driving? How can that be?

(Not Pikachu! Please don't sue!)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up