The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: AlohaDawg on May 06, 2006, 12:08:30 am

Title: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 06, 2006, 12:08:30 am
Discuss. This may come up again at TOUAMBIE time.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 06, 2006, 12:09:57 am
I like Aug's. Just because... I mean... really. An Egg with a Mustache.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 06, 2006, 12:12:51 am
Could we make this a poll, or would that be too cumbersome because there are so many to choose from?


EDIT: Damnit, theinevitable, you inadvertently stole my nomination!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 06, 2006, 12:15:56 am
I think mine is the best because it's actually mine... from the future.

~Paul
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 06, 2006, 12:26:03 am
I vote for hobot.  The chops-on-a-dude-on-a-pancake/tortilla/blini/whatevah is classic.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 06, 2006, 12:31:23 am
yeah, I liked hobot's original one better.
am I imagining this? was it originally different? I feel like before the head was blended in a different way or something.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 06, 2006, 12:50:41 am
Are we having a "Beard Off"? Can we please call it that? I vote for...damn I'm so torn between V-Adore, Swinehund, and Lister. I'll get back to you with a final vote.

Unless we're just nominating at this point. If so I nominate those three.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 06, 2006, 01:17:45 am
just discuss so that at TOUAMBIE nomination time, people remember. If someone would host all the images somewhere, that would be really cool for when it comes time to nominate and vote.

V-Adores is the only one that made me actually laugh out loud. That stylish snidely whiplash action on a furious eyeball rocks. Second for me is Roger. He just has a way to make the absurd, well, absurder.

Everytime I look at mine, I think of Diedrich Bader from Office Space. Anyone else have this problem?

I just looked at him again and what he needs is a sombrero.

Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Mite on May 06, 2006, 01:18:23 am
I finally changed mine! He's rockin' the ska-style mutton chops and soul patch. Can I sit with you guys at lunch now? I won't say anything! I won't even look at you guys, I promise.

And I don't see how anybody but Paul could win any sort of mustache competition.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 06, 2006, 01:29:03 am
AD: Whenever I look at your avatar I see a French man...or maybe a French dog. It's the flowers on the right side over his ear. It looks like a beret and with the mustache it is simply too much. He is now FrenchDawg.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: wombat on May 06, 2006, 01:33:17 am
I think for present purposes we should assume Paul to be the sole member of the Mustache Hall of Fame, and retired from competition.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 06, 2006, 02:02:44 am
Actually, I'm dismayed that everyone has put on mustaches (presumably in homage to me) at a time when the board is embroiled in it's worst ever feuding.  Have the mustaches turned everyone into dicks?  Is that the cause of it?  Jough is encouraging us to turn on each other and we have.  There's all kinds of my music is better than your music talk going on, people are getting metaphorically shanked, and we are blowing up over religion and politics, two subjects we have successfully skirted to this point.  If this is the fault of the mustaches, please I implore you, go shave right now.  This board is my safe haven from such dickery.  Don't let it go down like that.

~Paul
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Lister on May 06, 2006, 02:03:11 am
Mite, I like how the mutton chops and soul patch match his little drugfuzzy expression.  I like that a lot.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 02:03:50 am
Man I hope mustaches don't cause people to be dicks, cause I've had one for over 20 years now.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 06, 2006, 02:04:53 am
V-Adores is the only one that made me actually laugh out loud. That stylish snidely whiplash action on a furious eyeball rocks. Second for me is Roger. He just has a way to make the absurd, well, absurder.

Everytime I look at mine, I think of Diedrich Bader from Office Space. Anyone else have this problem?

The ones that made me laugh aloud were V's and AW's.

And now that you mention it, yes, I feel like your avatar is going to tell me to check out the breast exams on TV.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: wombat on May 06, 2006, 02:05:29 am
Man I hope mustaches don't cause people to be dicks, cause I've had one for over 20 years now.

Perhaps the problem is mustaches without beards.  With the exception of Paul, I have always been opposed to mustaches without beards, although not to the point of shanking.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 02:10:23 am
I've only had the beard (consistantly) about 7 or 8 years.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: pmcd9 on May 06, 2006, 02:57:00 am
Ok, i'm leaving now so you'll have to have the best moustache contest without me.  I'm going home to have some fun.  I might get a chance to check in, but I wouldn't bet on it.  I'll see you fucks in a week, try not to wreck the place (any worse than you already have).  Peace, Out!!!

~Paul
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 03:00:50 am
Where you going, Paul?
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 06, 2006, 03:04:12 am
I'm flattered, folks, but my vote goes to Roger. His is just... wow. Yee gaaaaah.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: jough on May 06, 2006, 03:05:51 am
Yeah, roger's avatar is already surreal, but the mustache just adds some flair to it.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: robot_god on May 06, 2006, 03:40:50 am
For win, place, show, and come, I'm going to go with V, Jough, Doc, and Dawg respectively.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: arkabee on May 06, 2006, 03:42:22 am
Everytime I look at mine, I think of Diedrich Bader from Office Space. Anyone else have this problem?

yes.  i couldn't place it until you mentioned it, but, yes.

Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Mite on May 06, 2006, 11:52:20 am
Man, never fails. As soon as I jump on the bandwagon, the cool kids are already done.

And if this is the worst feuding the board's ever seen, we are among the politest motherfuckers on the planet.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 06, 2006, 03:29:22 pm
Man, never fails. As soon as I jump on the bandwagon, the cool kids are already done.

Hey, not everyone! (I'm actually considering leaving my avatar this way, at least for a while. It's kinda stylish.)

Quote
And if this is the worst feuding the board's ever seen, we are among the politest motherfuckers on the planet.

By Internet standards, we stand on the tip of a shining mountain of politeness and consideration.This is why, paradoxically, our feuds are worse; it is much worse to be in a protracted argument with a guy you've talked to civilly for years, and for whom under normal circumstances you have always held great respect, than to be in the same argument with RaistlinLord759 or whoever.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: wombat on May 06, 2006, 03:38:50 pm
I want THE TOOTH back, with a mustache.  Is this too much to ask?
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: CortJstr on May 06, 2006, 04:05:24 pm
Yeah, roger's avatar is already surreal, but the mustache just adds some flair to it.

I can't see how anybody can possibly argue Roger winning this. His objectively rocks the house.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 04:05:53 pm
I want THE TOOTH back, with a mustache.  Is this too much to ask?

Seconded.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 06, 2006, 05:09:29 pm
...who is Roger?

also: change my vote to a Double Vote for both Aug and V.

edit: wow. now I know Roger. I guess this is what I get for looking at people's avatars instead of their names.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Roger on May 06, 2006, 07:37:52 pm
Hey, thanks everyone! I almost missed this mustache-off because I try to stay away from the 'puters as much as I can during the weekends. But I stopped to take a peek, and all of a sudden people are saying good things about my avatar!
Damn, there are so many great examples of facial hair here. I especially like AD's, so bold and expressionistic; Mite, for showing it is possible for furry animals to have an extra thing going on; AW because, well, you can see I'm partial to mustaches applied to improbable things; V's even more hilarious for the "all tying viruses to the railroad tracks" caption… And where's Doc? He did a great job with that German-contest-winner thing.
Anyway, I wish there were some image server where we could immortalize this generation of avatars before moving on to the next trend. Any thoughts on what that trend could be?
I vote for... unibrows.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 06, 2006, 07:49:40 pm
oh hell no unibrows suck.
there is nothing worthwhile about having a unibrow. the only thing they bring is pain as you have to pluck them out.

AS A MAN, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PLUCK MY EYEBROWS. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE?

but it looks so ugly otherwise. so ugly.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 06, 2006, 08:08:18 pm
oh hell no unibrows suck.
there is nothing worthwhile about having a unibrow. the only thing they bring is pain as you have to pluck them out.

AS A MAN, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PLUCK MY EYEBROWS. WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE?

but it looks so ugly otherwise. so ugly.

You could wax. Or electrolyze.

Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 08:09:30 pm
Or accept your ignominious fate with calm grace and fortitude.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 06, 2006, 08:18:43 pm
Or accept your ignominious fate with calm grace and fortitude.

Or the exact opposite: Tiny braids and beads!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 06, 2006, 08:24:17 pm
Or the exact opposite: Tiny braids and beads!

Even better!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 06, 2006, 08:28:41 pm
Pirate themed icons? That way, we can incorporate unibrows AND beards and such like. You can be a dapper pirate, or a not very dapper pirate, like Monsieur Iggy to my left. Or you could be a wussy Guybrush Threepwood. The choice is yours. Arr.

(Even if none of you do this, I stand by my right to crudely manipulate the visages of famous dudes)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 06, 2006, 08:48:56 pm
Pirate themed icons? That way, we can incorporate unibrows AND beards and such like. You can be a dapper pirate, or a not very dapper pirate, like Monsieur Iggy to my left. Or you could be a wussy Guybrush Threepwood. The choice is yours. Arr.

(Even if none of you do this, I stand by my right to crudely manipulate the visages of famous dudes)

Oh at first it seems alright.  But pirates lead to ninjas and pretty soon ninjas lead to #####s.  And then #####s lead to webcomics.  And pretty soon we'll all be tracing the development of internet culture in microcosm.

Pirates are a gateway meme, people.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: wombat on May 06, 2006, 09:00:54 pm
webcomics

Mercy! Not webcomics!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 06, 2006, 09:05:36 pm
Mercy! Not webcomics!

Yes, positively dastardly I know.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 06, 2006, 09:22:19 pm
I attempted to do a pirate version of my avatar, but I'm not really sure it came out:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/eyeavatar-pirate.jpg)

Maybe we should go with something else.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 06, 2006, 09:24:54 pm
I attempted to do a pirate version of my avatar, but I'm not really sure it came out:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/eyeavatar-pirate.jpg)

Maybe we should go with something else.

It kind of looks like it's wearing a beanie.  Maybe it's going skiiing?


Whenever Q shows up, we can be sure he'll approve of the pirate theme.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 06, 2006, 09:33:50 pm
I attempted to do a pirate version of my avatar, but I'm not really sure it came out:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/eyeavatar-pirate.jpg)

Maybe we should go with something else.

Give it a little sword or a parrot or something, and we'll understand. Or a hook for a hand! There are so many things pirates can wear.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 06, 2006, 09:35:00 pm
Sorry to double-post, but my genius does not play by the rules.

People, the next theme is WHIMSY.  Monocles, tophats, fancy cigarette holders, pocketwatches, (muttonchops) -- let's get HELL OF VICTORIAN up in here!

Mostly I remembered that I have an entire folder in my general images folder devoted to Whimsy, and I need an excuse to use the images.  This folder is where I got my muttonchops image that I so artfully used in my avatar:

(http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6909/muttonchops7rr.jpg)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 06, 2006, 09:39:28 pm
Sorry to double-post, but my genius does not play by the rules.

People, the next theme is WHIMSY.  Monocles, tophats, fancy cigarette holders, pocketwatches, (muttonchops) -- let's get HELL OF VICTORIAN up in here!

Mostly I remembered that I have an entire folder in my general images folder devoted to Whimsy, and I need an excuse to use the images.  This folder is where I got my muttonchops image that I so artfully used in my avatar:

(http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6909/muttonchops7rr.jpg)

Nooooooo! We didn't even get started on pirates! Geez, talk about a girl who 'moves on' a lot.

If you know what I mean, HO-bot.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 06, 2006, 09:44:32 pm
Nooooooo! We didn't even get started on pirates! Geez, talk about a girl who 'moves on' a lot.

If you know what I mean, HO-bot.

So this is what it feels like to get insulted by a fifteen year-old.

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, don't call me a ho.  I'll fuck*n' cut you, cracker.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 06, 2006, 09:50:31 pm
Pirates can be whimsical.  He could be at a waltz or in his drawing room composing a letter to his mother or something.  Whimsy knows no bounds my friend.

<--See?  Straight up whimsy, courtesy of Wondermark (http://wondermark.com)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 06, 2006, 10:16:08 pm
But seriously, don't call me a ho.  I'll fuck*n' cut you, cracker.

I merely placed stress on the former syllable of your pseudonym, being unaccustomed to the English language. I would NEVER call you a ho, and not just because I don't want to get beat.

Flip, I don't know what that is but please burn it.

Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Roger on May 06, 2006, 10:19:41 pm
I attempted to do a pirate version of my avatar, but I'm not really sure it came out:

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Eiviiaru/eyeavatar-pirate.jpg)

Maybe we should go with something else.

It's proved: one-eyed avatars make poor pirates. And the unibrow wouldn't make much sense on you either. Sorry, V. I'd be feeling your pain if I were still using the googly-eyed cyclops skull.
So I guess the best themes are the ones that don't rely so much on two-eye parity.

Pirates can be whimsical.

Hells yeah they can!
(http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000INLA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 06, 2006, 10:44:21 pm
Beards are out and Whimsical Pirates are in huh? Damn, so soon too. I just barely got this stubble out and I've already got to go shop for a top hat!

edit: Who says a one eye'd creature can't be a pirate?
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/JoggleEyesPirate.jpg)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 06, 2006, 11:16:01 pm
dude, adam and the antz are terrifying
malcolm maclaren at his most terrifying (other than that child-porn thing he did. i forget what it was called.)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 12:04:56 am
Waitafuckinminute... pirates?  Who is honing in on my action here?

Step off.. the Q has knives fuckers.. I am warning you.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 07, 2006, 12:28:39 am
Waitafuckinminute... pirates?  Who is honing in on my action here?

Step off.. the Q has knives fuckers.. I am warning you.

Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Roger on May 07, 2006, 12:33:21 am
dude, adam and the antz are terrifying
malcolm maclaren at his most terrifying

I was of the same opinion, until I listened to their first album (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:z95j8qttbtm4) and realized that they once were great. All dark, angular, jerky post-punk. After that pretty much all of the band members left to form The Monochrome Set (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:kudayl3jxpsb) (which is another unjustly forgotten early-'80s band), and only then Adam hooked up with MacLaren, who came up with the Glam Pirate shtick.

(other than that child-porn thing he did. i forget what it was called.)

You mean Bow Wow Wow? (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:pjxvad4kv8w1)

Finally, here's my new avatar. It's Victorian, it's whimsical, and it comes with its own mustache.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 07, 2006, 12:40:55 am
Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.

I thought he would be pleased; I can't imagine what has come over him.

Fear not, Judy, my feelings were not hurt, and you are such a gentleman that, even if they were, I could never be displeased with you.  I simply cannot pass up the opportunity to call someone a cracker and threaten to cut them; it is a tragic flaw.



Roger, your avatar is Victorian, whimsical, mustachioed, and stunning.  Well done, sir.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 07, 2006, 01:01:35 am
Beards are out and Whimsical Pirates are in huh? Damn, so soon too. I just barely got this stubble out and I've already got to go shop for a top hat!

edit: Who says a one eye'd creature can't be a pirate?
(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b386/SkinnyWookie/JoggleEyesPirate.jpg)
Well played, Mr. Hobo. Well played.

Also, I think at this point, given that Bobby appears to have disappeared into the land on wind and ghosts, we should just name Roger the Avatar King and be done with it.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 01:13:50 am
Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.

This is the best I could do on short notice.  I do not draw very well but Photoshop can hide SOME of that.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 07, 2006, 01:14:52 am
This is the best I could do on short notice.  I do not draw very well but Photoshop can hide SOME of that.

That is so awesome. Little Hobot sail and all.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 01:19:57 am
That is so awesome. Little Hobot sail and all.

Thank you.  (Also, lil' parrot peeking over my shoulder.)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 07, 2006, 01:35:37 am
I could have made the effort to be creative and add something whimsical to my tortilla image, but, like I said, I have a whole folder of this kind of stuff.  Behold my most whimsical of avatars!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 07, 2006, 01:39:59 am
I am at a loss for finding Whimsy.

I shall look more later. Hmm.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Roger on May 07, 2006, 03:07:40 am
Also, I think at this point, given that Bobby appears to have disappeared into the land on wind and ghosts, we should just name Roger the Avatar King and be done with it.

Thanks, I truly appreciate it. But I don't believe in Monarchy, I'm all for Avatar Anarchy.


I could have made the effort to be creative and add something whimsical to my tortilla image, but, like I said, I have a whole folder of this kind of stuff.  Behold my most whimsical of avatars!

Lovely indeed. But I think these Tricycle Skates look safer:
(http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~tiber/Vict16.jpg)
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: swinehund on May 07, 2006, 04:38:01 am
What the... what is the theme now? I cannot even keep up.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 04:47:20 am
The theme be pirates... ignore these bilge rats and scalawags!


Yarrrr..
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 07, 2006, 05:18:36 am
no!
it is whimsy!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: AugustWest on May 07, 2006, 05:25:19 am
Or whimsical pirates.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: robot_god on May 07, 2006, 06:46:37 am
Tobacco.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 07, 2006, 07:00:02 am
What the... what is the theme now? I cannot even keep up.

Obscure sports logos.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Ben-San on May 07, 2006, 07:14:12 am
Slam Bradley is now a mustachioed pirate smoking a cigarette with a whimsical attitude. I'm sorry there is no sports logo. I am very sorry.

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY NOW
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 07, 2006, 07:23:41 am
I'm sorry there is no sports logo. I am very sorry.

There is no problem.

The irony of a two-fisted detective having a hook for a hand is metaphorically equivalent.

Perhaps not equivalent to the logo of, say, an XFL team... but at least equivalent to the logo of a CBA team or an extant AAA-ballclub's replaced logo, such as the Syracuse Chiefs (Chieves?) or the Tidewater Tides.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Doc on May 07, 2006, 12:06:23 pm
Man I'm late to this thread, but as much as I was digging the egg with a tache and the eye with same Roger is just winning at everything here, his new avatar just proves it.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Roger on May 07, 2006, 02:36:56 pm
no!
it is whimsy!

A Frank Reade, Jr. airship!
Very well done, young man.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 07, 2006, 05:57:48 pm
I think what I like about this one is that it incorporates the "whimsy" and "tobacco" elements without fundamentally limiting the Snidely Whiplash effect. Mwar har har har har!!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 07, 2006, 06:09:39 pm
V, to the untrained eye (mine), the smoke curling from the cigar looks like Arabic script.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: V-Adore on May 07, 2006, 06:16:01 pm
V, to the untrained eye (mine), the smoke curling from the cigar looks like Arabic script.

What? Ha! That's a silly assumption! No, it's just smoke, really...

Curses! Hobot has uncovered my subliminal messages! Must... switch... topic...

So, how 'bout that whimsical period, huh? It sure was wacky!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 07, 2006, 06:38:22 pm
I love that I just looked up "victorian airship" and used one that looked cool, and someone on the board recognized the source.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 06:57:54 pm
I love that I just looked up "victorian airship" and used one that looked cool, and someone on the board recognized the source.

I knew of it because of its association with this site (http://bigredhair.com/#####s/index.html).  Which makes me giggle.

damn filter won't let me post a proper link.  Just click on the picture for automatons and be amused!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 07, 2006, 07:24:17 pm
I think this has gone too far.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 07, 2006, 07:29:21 pm
*quick punch to the back of the head*

judy, the animation. the animation.

ve haf ways ov makink you stop... ja?
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: misterqueue on May 07, 2006, 07:31:32 pm
I think this has gone too far.

You sir, are my personal hero.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobot on May 07, 2006, 07:35:56 pm
Judy for the win!
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: theinevitable on May 07, 2006, 07:52:07 pm
at barnes and noble, they had "Whimsical Mugs"

I wanted to take a picture, but I did not have my camera.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 07, 2006, 08:15:03 pm
I think this has gone too far.

The Many Faces of Iggy Pop: Secret Agent.  Women want to know him, men want to copy his drink
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Drygioni on May 07, 2006, 08:49:18 pm
The Many Faces of Iggy Pop: Secret Agent.  Women want to know him, men want to copy his drink

Two did not seem very many, so I added his 'normal' guise. Your ideas are what make my dreams come true.
Title: Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
Post by: Hobo Frenzy on May 07, 2006, 08:51:33 pm
I think this has gone too far.

I seriously can't stop watching it! Even as I write this I feel the need to click "Back" and continue to watch it!!!