Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?  (Read 21406 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2006, 09:50:31 pm »

Pirates can be whimsical.  He could be at a waltz or in his drawing room composing a letter to his mother or something.  Whimsy knows no bounds my friend.

<--See?  Straight up whimsy, courtesy of Wondermark
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2006, 10:16:08 pm »

But seriously, don't call me a ho.  I'll fuck*n' cut you, cracker.

I merely placed stress on the former syllable of your pseudonym, being unaccustomed to the English language. I would NEVER call you a ho, and not just because I don't want to get beat.

Flip, I don't know what that is but please burn it.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2006, 10:19:41 pm »

I attempted to do a pirate version of my avatar, but I'm not really sure it came out:



Maybe we should go with something else.

It's proved: one-eyed avatars make poor pirates. And the unibrow wouldn't make much sense on you either. Sorry, V. I'd be feeling your pain if I were still using the googly-eyed cyclops skull.
So I guess the best themes are the ones that don't rely so much on two-eye parity.

Pirates can be whimsical.

Hells yeah they can!
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2006, 10:44:21 pm »

Beards are out and Whimsical Pirates are in huh? Damn, so soon too. I just barely got this stubble out and I've already got to go shop for a top hat!

edit: Who says a one eye'd creature can't be a pirate?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 10:58:29 pm by Hobo Frenzy »
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2006, 11:16:01 pm »

dude, adam and the antz are terrifying
malcolm maclaren at his most terrifying (other than that child-porn thing he did. i forget what it was called.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2006, 12:04:56 am »

Waitafuckinminute... pirates?  Who is honing in on my action here?

Step off.. the Q has knives fuckers.. I am warning you.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 12:28:39 am »

Waitafuckinminute... pirates?  Who is honing in on my action here?

Step off.. the Q has knives fuckers.. I am warning you.

Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2006, 12:33:21 am »

dude, adam and the antz are terrifying
malcolm maclaren at his most terrifying

I was of the same opinion, until I listened to their first album and realized that they once were great. All dark, angular, jerky post-punk. After that pretty much all of the band members left to form The Monochrome Set (which is another unjustly forgotten early-'80s band), and only then Adam hooked up with MacLaren, who came up with the Glam Pirate shtick.

(other than that child-porn thing he did. i forget what it was called.)

You mean Bow Wow Wow?

Finally, here's my new avatar. It's Victorian, it's whimsical, and it comes with its own mustache.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2006, 12:40:55 am »

Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.

I thought he would be pleased; I can't imagine what has come over him.

Fear not, Judy, my feelings were not hurt, and you are such a gentleman that, even if they were, I could never be displeased with you.  I simply cannot pass up the opportunity to call someone a cracker and threaten to cut them; it is a tragic flaw.



Roger, your avatar is Victorian, whimsical, mustachioed, and stunning.  Well done, sir.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2006, 01:01:35 am »

Beards are out and Whimsical Pirates are in huh? Damn, so soon too. I just barely got this stubble out and I've already got to go shop for a top hat!

edit: Who says a one eye'd creature can't be a pirate?

Well played, Mr. Hobo. Well played.

Also, I think at this point, given that Bobby appears to have disappeared into the land on wind and ghosts, we should just name Roger the Avatar King and be done with it.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2006, 01:13:50 am »

Christ almighty! Hobot, you said he'd be pleased, and now he's gone all Qrazy on us. (Hobot, if I have been sounding mean to you today I apologise, it is most certainly all meant in jest and not intended to hurt your feelings. Peace.)

The Q must now wow us with the Best Pirate Avatar Ever.

This is the best I could do on short notice.  I do not draw very well but Photoshop can hide SOME of that.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2006, 01:14:52 am »

This is the best I could do on short notice.  I do not draw very well but Photoshop can hide SOME of that.

That is so awesome. Little Hobot sail and all.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2006, 01:19:57 am »

That is so awesome. Little Hobot sail and all.

Thank you.  (Also, lil' parrot peeking over my shoulder.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2006, 01:35:37 am »

I could have made the effort to be creative and add something whimsical to my tortilla image, but, like I said, I have a whole folder of this kind of stuff.  Behold my most whimsical of avatars!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2006, 01:39:59 am »

I am at a loss for finding Whimsy.

I shall look more later. Hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up