The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on May 16, 2006, 01:26:05 am

Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: oball on May 16, 2006, 01:26:05 am
I would just like to point out that this is the correct title for this thread.

Also, I'm pissed that the strip didn't update yesterday.  I wanted a birthday strip, dammit!
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: nuero on May 16, 2006, 03:11:09 am
Also, I'm pissed that the strip didn't update yesterday.  I wanted a birthday strip, dammit!

Shit happens, dogg. I only have one birthday strip out of the whole four-and-a-half years of Achewood.
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: miles on May 16, 2006, 03:20:36 am
Three, and I'm crossing my fingers for this year.
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Hobot on May 16, 2006, 03:40:01 am
I had the best birthday strip ever (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04212005) in 2005.  It was even about Beef's birthday!
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2006, 03:40:34 am
I only have two birthday strips, but they're Pat's dick getting electrocuted (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09222003) and Ray proving himself a coward, (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09222005) both of which are righteous birthday presents.
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: misterqueue on May 16, 2006, 03:43:13 am
I have had 4, but this (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03152002) is the best one.

I forgive Stad for number 3 since his babygirl was born the day before.  It is okay. 
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: oball on May 16, 2006, 03:54:25 am
Shit happens, dogg. I only have one birthday strip out of the whole four-and-a-half years of Achewood.

Same.  Oh well, at least it's a good one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05152002).

*sigh* I wish I was drinking right now.
Title: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: jough on May 16, 2006, 04:18:59 am
Yeah, no birthday strip for me this year either. :(

Three birthday strips for me.  This one being my favourite:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04262005

But this one was good too:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04262004
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: AugustWest on May 16, 2006, 05:21:02 am
Lessee I got: 
You a real Super-size homo jackass. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11112002)
Now entering: Threadville (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11112003)
and
A very bad way to use the emergency credit card (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11112004)

2002 was my favorite of the three.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: smick on May 16, 2006, 09:06:43 am
I guess I'm a big ole "End of July" shut out.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: wombat on May 16, 2006, 12:38:25 pm
Hmm, this is the only birthday strip I ever got.  It's a classic, at least.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004)
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: V-Adore on May 16, 2006, 01:29:25 pm
Hmm, this is the only birthday strip I ever got.  It's a classic, at least.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01192004)

Nooooo

Oh, that's comedy gold. Thank you for reminding me that it exists.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: pmcd9 on May 16, 2006, 06:27:53 pm
Onstad loves me, that's why he always delivers the comedy gold on my birthday.

2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142002)

2003 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142003)

2004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142004)

2005 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142005)

My birthday was on a Saturday this year so he made sure to deliver a Friday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01132006) and a Monday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01162006) in my honour.

~Paul


Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Hobot on May 16, 2006, 07:00:18 pm
Onstad loves me, that's why he always delivers the comedy gold on my birthday.

2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142002)

2003 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142003)

2004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142004)

2005 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01142005)

My birthday was on a Saturday this year so he made sure to deliver a Friday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01132006) and a Monday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01162006) in my honour.

~Paul

Paul is obviously Onstad's favourite.

I noticed that you have a birthday strip about a birthday, too (the one from 2002).  We should start an elite club or something.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: AugustWest on May 16, 2006, 08:05:46 pm
Hey Paul, welcome back!
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: theinevitable on May 16, 2006, 10:08:03 pm
ok so.
there were two years when my birthday was on the weekend.

but:

 2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05222002)
2003 which is rad because I hate garfield so much (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05222003)

right before my birthday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05212004)
 right after my birthday (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05242004)

 this one is great because I hate courtney love and her breaking her arm (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05202005)
 this one is long and unfashionable but I am down (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05232005)

Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Lister on May 17, 2006, 01:29:36 am
2002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152002) - Philippe is just being mean here.
2003 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152003) - Oasis inna garden, yeah?
2004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152004) - Roast Beef does not want new shoes.
2005 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07152005) - Roomba as the Milennium Falcon, which I totally didn't ever associate with my birthday before.

FWOOOSH
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: nuero on May 17, 2006, 05:03:00 am
Let's see

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004

For that being my only real Birthday Strip you guys have to admit it's pretty Rad
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: MattFish on May 17, 2006, 05:21:25 am
I've only got one birthday strip EVER and it's real assy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07022004).
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: FlipConstantine on May 17, 2006, 05:25:19 am
Yay I got Microsoft Word (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05182004)!  This is kind of silly!
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: AlohaDawg on May 17, 2006, 06:27:46 pm
I got

2001 Blister (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242001)
2002 Ray in the shitter at Haunches (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242002)
2003 Ray in the shitter at Hell-Friendly's (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242003)
2004 Sullivan's Bear and Dried Bird (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242004) (preceded by Ray and Beef in fake manes (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12232004) and followed by Charlie Brown (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12272004))

No 2005 Birthday strip for me. But I'm looking forward to Ray in the shitter once again Christmas Eve 2006

I've only got one birthday strip EVER and it's real assy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07022004).

What the hell is up with this one, anyway?
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Hobot on May 17, 2006, 07:13:06 pm
I've only got one birthday strip EVER and it's real assy (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07022004).

Assy, or sassy?  At least we got the term "Face Eyes" from it.  That always makes me laugh.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2006, 09:28:57 pm
"always" meaning... it's been used before?
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Hobot on May 17, 2006, 09:39:50 pm
"always" meaning... it's been used before?

"Always" as in, "When I read that particular strip, I always laugh at the phrase 'Face Eyes.'"
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: theinevitable on May 17, 2006, 09:45:09 pm
oh.

ok.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Fooker on May 21, 2006, 04:49:30 am
Holy crap. I put in http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08222005 which is my 2005 birthday.. and it's a birthday strip too!

Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Drygioni on May 21, 2006, 03:01:43 pm
Alright, I can't help myself:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07232002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07232002) A sign.
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07232004 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07232004) One of my favourite strips ever.

Not bad... I GUESS. I won't be getting one this year, as my birthday is on a Sunday. Everyday is like Sunday. Everyday is boring and grey.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: cyclopticgaze on May 21, 2006, 06:52:13 pm
Since mine's the day after Halloween, it's been an active one.  Here's my favorite, though:

Lie-bot teaches anatomy. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11012001) And Stank Magazine really is the best.  Those girls are straight-up classy.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: linnea on May 21, 2006, 09:33:57 pm
Hee! this is awesome. I never really thought of them as "birthday strips" before. Then again, I have the same birthday as Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Lee, suckas!

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272001 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272001) This one is like poetry. The '65 Ford Galaxie.
"Oh dangit a cop
We already arrested
We already arrested Ray"
"You got 425 hosspower under that foot of yours!"
"so?!"
"So stand on it, Agnes!"

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11272002)
This one is about Achewood's replacement characters. It's not one of my favorites, but this is my all time favorite comic strip, that's for dang sture.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: swinehund on May 21, 2006, 09:43:53 pm
Hee! this is awesome. I never really thought of them as "birthday strips" before. Then again, I have the same birthday as Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Lee, suckas!

Oh, well, if we are getting into that, my birthday is the same day as Hercules and Google. Basically, ultimate power. Every year, I'm taken aback for a minute when I see that Google remembered my birthday (there is always birthday cake and baloons), and then I remember that it's Google's birthday too but I'm still pleased.

No seriously, I have actually wondered a couple times whether or not Google had this user profile that I had forgotten about where it specially decorates the page on your birthday.

I have two birthday strips, but this one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09072004) is better because it taught me a new word.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: CortJstr on May 21, 2006, 10:48:40 pm
I have two birthday strips, but this one (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09072004) is better because it taught me a new word.

Jilapidated or callipygian?
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: Fooker on May 21, 2006, 11:06:06 pm
Hey, if the strip has Philippe's birthday on one day, does that mean next year it will be on that too? I have the same birthday as Philippe!
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: swinehund on May 22, 2006, 01:06:41 am
Jilapidated or callipygian?

Strangely, I did not even stop to consider that jilapidated was a real word. I guess that shouldn't necessarily make it count for less, though, as it's still new.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: AugustWest on May 22, 2006, 02:59:14 am
Then again, I have the same birthday as Jimi Hendrix and Bruce Lee, suckas!


I've got Kurt Vonnegut and Jonathon Winters.  Also Demi Moore and Leo DiCaprio.
Title: Re: Look what Onstad made just for me!
Post by: theinevitable on May 22, 2006, 08:28:29 am
I beat all you fucks
onstad made me this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2836.0/topicseen.htmll) just now. and I laughed at it pretty hard.