The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on May 24, 2006, 04:06:15 pm
-
Have a Party, Have a Good Time. And don't be such a stranger, you haven't posted in almost two weeks.
~Paul
-
dude, come back! just 'cause you're 21 now, you think you can leave us?
Happy Birthday!
-
I fear the day when this board has so many active users that we have to post one of these damn things every day and each one has like 50 users listed on it.
When it gets close to that point I will just post one Generalized Happy Birthday Message:
"Dear [User],
This is your, (and all the other people who share it)'s special day. I certainly hope you enjoy (activities that you appear to do) as much as possible today!
Very Sincerely,
Q"
Or maybe I'll just post this once and link to it every day in a new comment.
In summation, I am sorry for taking this out on you ESN, you seem like a pretty okay guy; so have a drink on me. (not literally)
-
yeah, anyone who registered after
November 06, 2005, at 02:16:23 PM
is a bum.
-
yeah, anyone who registered after
November 06, 2005, at 02:16:23 PM
is a bum.
This means you should give me change. S'all I'm sayin. Gotta get booze somehow.
-
man.
you are the specific person I thought of as I said that. Because I remembered seeing that you were newer than me.
You are not a bum!
-
I'm not? Well dammit, there goes my excuse to stand on a streetcorner yelling at women that they're just men who let the devil into their bodies.
I mean, I'm still going to do it, I'll just look crazy now.
-
man.
you are the specific person I thought of as I said that. Because I remembered seeing that you were newer than me.
You are not a bum!
I am also newer than you, by fifteen days. What about me?
-
I have been discussing Achewood on a message board as Asherdan since August of 2002.
Meh. You're a noob compared to me. You too CJ and you too Paul. Ha!
-
Hobot... I could never call you a Bum.
...although you do have a nice one! *rimshot*
-
The boy has gotten sassy now that he is technically a man.
-
*rimshot*
Don't do that word, you sassy old chap you.
Happy Birthday, EgoSumNoah. Come back and play with us a while.
On the subject of when people joined and so forth, I had a dream that it was twenty years into the future, and I had slowly risen to the rank of administrator. By then Achewood was the single biggest comic in the world, and there were over 10000 members posting constantly. In a decidedly Stalin-esque move I deleted the posts and accounts of all you dudes in order to make myself the long-posting hero. I then remember going insane and deleting the whole forum, and then 50 year old Jough set up a new one and everything was normal and I was once again the youngest dude, despite being 35.
Don't look into this too much. Insanity stays in my head at night.
-
Don't do that word, you sassy old chap you.
does 'rimshot' mean something else in the UK?
-
You know the double drum hit then cymbols so people can tell the terribly unfunny thing that was just said was meant to be a joke? That's a rimshot.
Although I'm sure there are porno's out there that have combined the two types of rimshots in one scene.
It is entirely possible that the inevitable meant the kind you are thinking of. (ba-dum-tsh!)
Noah I don't know you so good but your name is pretty sweet and makes me think of someone saving two of every type of logical proof when the big man strikes down all other logical proofs for being cruel and hedonistic and such.
Well done on that front.
-
I think that every time I have said anything funny or mean or even vaguely sassy, Jough has commented on it. Thank you jough.
-
Not really my point, Auggie Doggie.
But I'll be glad to kneel to you as the Holy Roman Emperor of Bums.
Cool! Hey, I gotta take adulation where I can find it.
-
does 'rimshot' mean something else in the UK?
Let's just say I don't think you're talking about basketball.
Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'
The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!
Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?
-
Judy, do you know I'm Canadian? Would you like me to proliferate the term "backyard" among the gay community here? Something tells me it will spread like wildfire... or herpies.
-
Judy, do you know I'm Canadian? Would you like me to proliferate the term "backyard" among the gay community here? Something tells me it will spread like wildfire... or herpies.
Yes please! Make sure 'Backyard Sailor' specifically.
Smells: Doing It For The Kids
-
Let's just say I don't think you're talking about basketball.
Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'
The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!
Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?
It's what Doc said. You guys don't have the drum shot for a bad joke?
-
Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'
The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!
Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?
This expression makes no sense. You see, when you go through the backdoor you're headed in, not out, so you're in the kitchen where it's hot and not the backyard.
~Paul
-
It's what Doc said. You guys don't have the drum shot for a bad joke?
Problems solved! Wikipedia article on rimshot:
The term is erroneously used to refer to the sting played by the drummer in cabaret shows to accentuate the punchline of a joke. As a result, a particularly obvious laugh line is sometimes called a rimshot.
We call it a sting. Language strikes again.
-
Don't let this become a board about teaching Judy the English Language.
~Paul
-
Thank you TOUAMB.
I've always wondered if there was a name for that kind of drum fill/roll. And now I know.
The Wikipedia entry led me to this page (http://www.mikenco.com/plom.php), from which I was able to extract the .swf file of the Punchline-O-Matic. And now it's sitting on my desktop, waiting to be triggered everytime someone at the office enunciates a bad joke. Or pretty much says anything out loud.
Amusement will certainly ensue.
EDIT: I forgot what this thread was originally about. Happy birthday, Ego Sum Noah. Congratulations for being less annoying than the other Noah in this board.
-
Backyard Sailor is an unnecessarily quaint replacement for a term we already have:
"Butt Pirate."
-
Man, hell of you guys are confusing rimshot (snare, snare, splash, by the way) for rimjob.
-
AD: They are totally different, the backyard sailor is a fun loving gentleman. I lover of fine culture and coconut rum drinks. The butt pirate wears arseless chaps. Also a parrot.
-
AD: They are totally different, the backyard sailor is a fun loving gentleman. I lover of fine culture and coconut rum drinks. The butt pirate wears arseless chaps. Also a parrot.
Also do not ask to see his Cutlass. I am just sayin'.
-
So here is one of my buddies and his friends celebrating Pride Day and from the photo you will note that if you are a gay man you can get away with cupping a strait woman's breasts in public, and even get it photographed, without getting a proper smacking. (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/152/2672/1024/montage3.jpg)
Backyard Sailors or Butt Pirates?
-
He's not cupping her breast, she is cupping her own breast. However, you don't have to be gay to get away with that (http://www.paulmcrae.com/FEATURES/NYE_KENNYWOULD_05/IMAGES/1024/DSCN10538-E-1024.jpg).
~Paul
-
Problems solved! Wikipedia article on rimshot:
We call it a sting. Language strikes again.
No! A "sting" here is what is sometimes called an "orchestra hit" where the band or maybe just one instrument will play a sharp staccato note.
Now, granted, I guess a rimshot is the sting of a drummer, but in general, these two expressions have different meanings in the states.
On Jay Leno, a corny joke will get either a rimshot or a trombone wah-wah-waaaaaaaaaaah sting.
On Letterman the same rimshot jokes will get a bass guitar slide "sting" that sounds like a rhinoceros belching.
EDUCATION.
-
So here is one of my buddies and his friends celebrating Pride Day and from the photo you will note that if you are a gay man you can get away with cupping a strait woman's breasts in public, and even get it photographed, without getting a proper smacking. (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/152/2672/1024/montage3.jpg)
Um, where's a gay man cupping a woman's breast in that photo? I see only one photo of breasts being cupped, and the woman is cupping her own breasts while the man has his left hand on her shoulder and his right hand around her arm.
???
-
So here is one of my buddies and his friends celebrating Pride Day and from the photo you will note that if you are a gay man you can get away with cupping a strait woman's breasts in public, and even get it photographed, without getting a proper smacking. (http://photos1.blogger.com/img/152/2672/1024/montage3.jpg)
Backyard Sailors or Butt Pirates?
Aww, it's like Convocation at Smith! Well, except for the men. Also, there is more nakedness at Convocation. But the Pride is still there!
-
Um, where's a gay man cupping a woman's breast in that photo? I see only one photo of breasts being cupped, and the woman is cupping her own breasts while the man has his left hand on her shoulder and his right hand around her arm.
???
This is the second day in a row you have posted the same message as me. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?
~Paul
-
Um, where's a gay man cupping a woman's breast in that photo? I see only one photo of breasts being cupped, and the woman is cupping her own breasts while the man has his left hand on her shoulder and his right hand around her arm.
???
Good looking set of titties, though.
Just sayin'.
-
She's not so much cupping her breast as covering them because that bikini clearly isn't containing them.
I was disapointed that it's not your titties in that picture side show.
~Paul
-
Opps, sorry- there are other photos in the series that do include boob cuppage, but they are no longer there. I was posting from work and didn't want to gaze to long at the photos before I posted.