The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: nuero on May 25, 2006, 04:21:30 am
-
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05252006
This didn't make me laugh. :(
-
What I find interesting about this is the change in speech patterns, especially obvious once Ray says "verily."
"VERILY," PEOPLE
Also, the last panel. This shrieks T-shirt, I say.
-
Man, how is the title not "THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN"? Strike one man, strike one.
-
Maybe this strip hasn't brought me so many laffs because the funny came laced with rather embarrassing personal memories of stage-diving from my parents' couch.
Suck You Dry, Mudhoney, 1993.
-
we shoudl make a topic where ppl can just compain about how evry one fuck up the title of evry thread
call it like 'heres where you can copmalin about that title' smoethignfck ,
-
The only thing that could make this strip better is if it were just the last panel.
-
Please note the pathetic nature of the substitutions suggested. Cosmo, for instance, represents the worst, most stereotypical qualities of women condensed into one glaring, neon compendium of mindless smut. Obviously, Téodor just wants to read it because he's curious.
-
God, Onstad's really taken a fall. THis is one of Onstad's weakest strips. Onstad truly has sold out. Onstad's older work was better. I feel like Onstad's older works should have a forum devoted to their discussion segregating them from Onstad's newer works. Onstad's really quite awful nowadays.
-
last panel definently merits a tattoo.
who's going to get the ink done?
-
Definitely should get a tshirt out of this one.
mrdna is totally right, if I had gone to achewood.com today and just seen that panel everything would be well with the world.
But then i have an unhealthy love for 'the boys are back in town' for someone who was only about 5 by the end of the 80s.
-
considering something which happened tonight, which I am not at liberty to disclose at this time, this is so perfect.
I sent this link to a friend who reads achewood, and he saw the last panel, and he got it.
I have my 2.5 oz now.
OK to clarify it isn't anything wierd or typical. I just did something cool for once in my life. Paul-style picture(s) by the end of the week, if it was successful.
-
we shoudl make a topic where ppl can just compain about how evry one fuck up the title of evry thread
call it like 'heres where you can copmalin about that title' smoethignfck ,
This is an excellent idea.
Because, you know, people cannot read minds and have their own preferences, so the constant snide remarks about choosing the wrong title, as if there can only be one right one, has been grating on me.
edit: of course, it is possible to just choose something too ungainly or uninteresting as the title. But when there's quite a few quotable things in a comic, why debate which was the absolute top?
-
srsly
-
Beautiful. In my head the activities continue in a montage while the song plays, and then it ends with a freeze-frame with a catchy slogan.
On the other hand, maybe what they really want to be doing is The Dew, because those commercials feature activities such as they describe. Except for the women.
-
Meh. Felt forced. Plus the addition of kitschy song didn't exactly grab me.
Tomorrow maybe Lyle and Mr. Bear make cookies while "The Moon and New York City" plays?
-
Maybe this strip hasn't brought me so many laffs because the funny came laced with rather embarrassing personal memories of stage-diving from my parents' couch.
Suck You Dry, Mudhoney, 1993.
P.S. Roger, your avatars continue to am(use)aze
-
Agree with last panel sentiments!
This joke was explained to death. :(
-
Tomorrow maybe Lyle and Mr. Bear make cookies while "The Moon and New York City" plays?
With a doiley?
-
With a doiley?
Sure, and a bottle of Ancient Situation for Lyle.
-
I'm confused, does Ray's glass just disappear for two panels for a reason?
Also, I agree with Q in that there's no point in voting on the avatar TOUAMBie this year as Roger has already won several times over.
-
Hey, thanks.
Interestingly enough, that drop of ketchup landed on that spot by complete accident.
Actually no, it didn't.
-
Meh. Felt forced. Plus the addition of kitschy song didn't exactly grab me.
Tomorrow maybe Lyle and Mr. Bear make cookies while "The Moon and New York City" plays?
I'd buy that t-shirt, too.
-
(http://www.wunderblogs.com/xy7htk/archives/lilcolonel.gif)(http://www.wunderblogs.com/xy7htk/archives/lilcolonel.gif)(http://www.wunderblogs.com/xy7htk/archives/lilcolonel.gif)(http://www.wunderblogs.com/xy7htk/archives/lilcolonel.gif)(http://www.wunderblogs.com/xy7htk/archives/lilcolonelhollow.gif)
-
But then i have an unhealthy love for 'the boys are back in town' for someone who was only about 5 by the end of the 80s.
Especially unhealthy given the fact that TBABIT came out in '76. I too have a love for that song. I was 14 when it was released so I have an excuse. I still remember the first time I heard it, I was in Austin with my friend Billy (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/75_MAVERICK/Krista-Billy-Holly-Gaylynn_circa1978.jpg) and his family visiting some of their relatives. We were riding in the back of the pickup truck which had a camper cover. Billy had a boom box we were listening to the radio on. When this song came on we both fell in love with it. It's like the perfect song for teenaged partying.
-
The only thing worse than whining about the 'wrong' thread title is whining about the whining about the 'wrong' thread title. Yeesh.
Good concept for an article but it's running out of steam for a cartoon.
-
God, Onstad's really taken a fall. THis is one of Onstad's weakest strips. Onstad truly has sold out. Onstad's older work was better. I feel like Onstad's older works should have a forum devoted to their discussion segregating them from Onstad's newer works. Onstad's really quite awful nowadays.
I for one haven't been too happy with Onstad's recent output, but how has Onstad "sold out?" It's still a free, regularly-updated webcomic. He hasn't signed any publication deals with Dark Horse or anything (not that that would necessarily be selling out), hasn't watered down his creations into a televised program or web cartoon (not that that would be selling out), etc.
"Sell out" is a viable concept for many artistic creations. But a free webcomic with no major extra-electronic publishing?
I hope you're making a joke, because the only other option is that you're an unrealistic ass.
-
yeah he's kiddin
-
God, Onstad's really taken a fall. THis is one of Onstad's weakest strips. Onstad truly has sold out. Onstad's older work was better. I feel like Onstad's older works should have a forum devoted to their discussion segregating them from Onstad's newer works. Onstad's really quite awful nowadays.
Man fuck that guy.
-
I hope you're making a joke, because the only other option is that you're an unrealistic ass.
I think in this case both options are true.
-
I really have nothing to add, except to publicly say that dejavroom is pretty much the best choice in online names ever.
Puts all of mine to shame. And everyone else's too.
-
I'm confused, does Ray's glass just disappear for two panels for a reason?
Not anymore ;)
-
I really have nothing to add, except to publicly say that dejavroom is pretty much the best choice in online names ever.
Puts all of mine to shame. And everyone else's too.
oh, you caprice...