Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 May 2006 - What did men do for fun before nature shrunk their appendage?  (Read 5372 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Maybe this strip hasn't brought me so many laffs because the funny came laced with rather embarrassing personal memories of stage-diving from my parents' couch.
Suck You Dry, Mudhoney, 1993.

P.S. Roger, your avatars continue to am(use)aze
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Brien

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • only good people can hide in computers
    • View Profile
    • Garbage

Agree with last panel sentiments!

This joke was explained to death.  :(

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Tomorrow maybe Lyle and Mr. Bear make cookies while "The Moon and New York City" plays? 

With a doiley?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

With a doiley?

Sure, and a bottle of Ancient Situation for Lyle.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I'm confused, does Ray's glass just disappear for two panels for a reason?

Also, I agree with Q in that there's no point in voting on the avatar TOUAMBie this year as Roger has already won several times over.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Hey, thanks.

Interestingly enough, that drop of ketchup landed on that spot by complete accident.


Actually no, it didn't.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

Meh.  Felt forced.  Plus the addition of kitschy song didn't exactly grab me.

Tomorrow maybe Lyle and Mr. Bear make cookies while "The Moon and New York City" plays? 

I'd buy that t-shirt, too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 04:52:03 pm by Turbo Ninja »
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 03:44:10 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

But then i have an unhealthy love for 'the boys are back in town' for someone who was only about 5 by the end of the 80s.

Especially unhealthy given the fact that TBABIT came out in '76.  I too have a love for that song.  I was 14 when it was released so I have an excuse.  I still remember the first time I heard it, I was in Austin with my friend Billy and his family visiting some of their relatives.  We were riding in the back of the pickup truck which had a camper cover.  Billy had a boom box we were listening to the radio on.  When this song came on we both fell in love with it.  It's like the perfect song for teenaged partying. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

The only thing worse than whining about the 'wrong' thread title is whining about the whining about the 'wrong' thread title. Yeesh.

Good concept for an article but it's running out of steam for a cartoon.
Logged

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile

God, Onstad's really taken a fall.  THis is one of Onstad's weakest strips.  Onstad truly has sold out.  Onstad's older work was better.  I feel like Onstad's older works should have a forum devoted to their discussion segregating them from Onstad's newer works.  Onstad's really quite awful nowadays.

I for one haven't been too happy with Onstad's recent output, but how has Onstad "sold out?" It's still a free, regularly-updated webcomic. He hasn't signed any publication deals with Dark Horse or anything (not that that would necessarily be selling out), hasn't watered down his creations into a televised program or web cartoon (not that that would be selling out), etc.

"Sell out" is a viable concept for many artistic creations. But a free webcomic with no major extra-electronic publishing?

I hope you're making a joke, because the only other option is that you're an unrealistic ass.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

theauthors

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile

yeah he's kiddin
Logged
"I thought about the Big Bang and thought whether it was really a big bang, or did it just sound louder since there was no other noise to drown it out?"

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

God, Onstad's really taken a fall.  THis is one of Onstad's weakest strips.  Onstad truly has sold out.  Onstad's older work was better.  I feel like Onstad's older works should have a forum devoted to their discussion segregating them from Onstad's newer works.  Onstad's really quite awful nowadays.

Man fuck that guy.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

I hope you're making a joke, because the only other option is that you're an unrealistic ass.

I think in this case both options are true.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I really have nothing to add, except to publicly say that dejavroom is pretty much the best choice in online names ever.

Puts all of mine to shame. And everyone else's too.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up