The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2006, 09:19:11 pm

Title: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: pmcd9 on June 06, 2006, 09:19:11 pm
Beatles Collaborator Billy Preston Dead at 59 (http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/32999937).

I heard he was sick a few years ago, but then he kept turning up in new various projects so I assumed he had recovered.  Apparently not.  That's the Way God Planned it I guess.

~Paul
Title: Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: AugustWest on June 06, 2006, 09:43:25 pm
That's a shame.  Didn't he play on Get Back?
Title: Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: Hobot on June 06, 2006, 10:45:56 pm
That's a shame.  Didn't he play on Get Back?

Yes he did.  I know this because I just heard the story on NPR.  And now I have "Nothing from Nothing" stuck in my head.
Title: Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: jough on June 06, 2006, 10:48:38 pm
59?  Dang.

RIP, BP.  I'm kicking some of your tunes in your honour, holmes.
Title: Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: Mite on June 06, 2006, 10:52:09 pm
Yes he did.  I know this because I just heard the story on NPR.  And now I have "Nothing from Nothing" stuck in my head.

Me too! I was just whistling it in the kitchen.
Title: Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
Post by: theinevitable on June 07, 2006, 06:33:10 am
#2 who heard that story on NPR, checking in.