Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston  (Read 1440 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:19:11 pm »

Beatles Collaborator Billy Preston Dead at 59.

I heard he was sick a few years ago, but then he kept turning up in new various projects so I assumed he had recovered.  Apparently not.  That's the Way God Planned it I guess.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:43:25 pm »

That's a shame.  Didn't he play on Get Back?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:45:56 pm »

That's a shame.  Didn't he play on Get Back?

Yes he did.  I know this because I just heard the story on NPR.  And now I have "Nothing from Nothing" stuck in my head.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:48:38 pm »

59?  Dang.

RIP, BP.  I'm kicking some of your tunes in your honour, holmes.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 10:52:09 pm »

Yes he did.  I know this because I just heard the story on NPR.  And now I have "Nothing from Nothing" stuck in my head.

Me too! I was just whistling it in the kitchen.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Will it Go Round in a Circle; RIP Billy Preston
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 06:33:10 am »

#2 who heard that story on NPR, checking in.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up