The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on June 11, 2006, 09:15:42 pm

Title: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 11, 2006, 09:15:42 pm
This is one that I recieved in our first mixdisc trade back in the day.  There are no marks to tell me who this one came from and I would like to know.

Here's the track listing...

Devo - We're All DEVO
Social Distortion - Bad Luck
Suicidal Tendencies - Alone
Devo - Gates of Steel
Anti-Nowhere League Steets of London
Anti-Nowhere League - Woman
Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden
Devo - Jerkin' Back 'n Forth
Devo - Freedon of Choice
Smithereens - Blood and Roses
The Offspring - Self Esteem
Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't B ring Me Down
Oingo Boingo - Who Do You Want to Be
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh
Oingo Boingo - Grey Matter
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Life By The Drop
Dead Kennedys - Viva Las Vegas
Ton Loc - Funky Cold Medina

Can anyone tell me who made this mix?

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 11, 2006, 10:16:04 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's definitely a California mix.  Clearly.

My guess (even though I wasn't around then) would be AsherDan. 

Furthermore if you're going to do a Boingo track then make it "No One Lives Forever" or "Pedestrian Wolves" dammit!
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 11, 2006, 11:50:26 pm
That's very good work there Q.  I'm pretty sure it's Asherdan's mix.  I searched back to the review threads from over two years ago and he made a mix, but there isn't a tracklist.  I think most of the rest of my achewood mixes are accounted for so this one must be his.  Since he's on hiatus, can anyone else confirm that this is in fact Ash's mix?

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 12:13:08 am
So can noone tell me if this is for sure Asherdan's mixdisc?

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: Limmo on June 13, 2006, 02:39:29 am
I have the same CD, and there is nothing written on it but song and band names.  Such is life.

ETA: on the other hand...  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,661.msg10891.html#msg10891)
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 02:47:13 am


ETA: on the other hand...  (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,661.msg10891.html#msg10891)

Score another point for my investigative intuition!!
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 02:51:09 am
Sweet, thank you.  I'm encorporating the senders name into the album name so it will be forever reminding me who sent it to me whenever it appears on my i-pod.  I'm doing this for all my mixes.  So this one doesn't have a name either.  Any clever ideas for a name such as Anglaudiophile up your sleeve Q?

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 02:52:35 am
SoCal Comfort?


oh wait.. you wanted the sender's name too.   Hrm..


RedWood Asher Do?


man.. I dunno.. Asherdan is a tough name off of which to play wordgames with.
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 02:54:09 am
SoCal Comfort?

Well I guess they can't all be gems.

SoCal Comfort it is!

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 02:55:33 am
Oh wait, I get it now.  Very clever.

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 02:56:31 am
Oh wait, I get it now.  Very clever.

~Paul

Heh.. and I was about to post "Sorry to have let you down Paul.. so sorry."

But I am glad it still hits on the clev-o-meter.
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 02:57:12 am
oh wait.. you wanted the sender's name too.   Hrm..

The name will look like this 'SoCal Comfort [Asherdan]'

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 02:58:18 am
The name will look like this 'SoCal Comfort [Asherdan]'

~Paul

That works then.  Great things happen when we work together!
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 03:03:17 am
That works then.  Great things happen when we work together!

I've got one called 'Q's Pirate Mix [Misterqueue]'

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 03:08:39 am
Eee!   That makes me very happy then!  I hope it is pleasing.
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 03:12:07 am
I hope it is pleasing.

Very!

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 13, 2006, 03:13:18 am
yay! 

(I know this is a pointless post but I like people enjoying such things.  Thank you sir paul!)
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 13, 2006, 03:17:29 am
Thank you sir paul!

You are most welcome, but no thank you.

Also, thank you Limmo for unearthing the vital information.

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 14, 2006, 10:01:07 pm
COOL THING: Knowing your nom de internet is floating around Utah in a good dudes 'pod.

Do you approve of the title Q bestowed upon your disc?

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: misterqueue on June 15, 2006, 03:37:47 am
It beats Ash-in-your-******...

Oh hell no it doesn't!  On any scale!


Well.. I mean.. aesthetically.. I don't know from experience in any way.
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2006, 03:52:49 am
I agree with Q, that's a much better title.

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: pmcd9 on June 15, 2006, 03:57:27 am
I agree with Q, that's a much better title.

But I've already named it and I'm too lazy to do all of that renaming.  That'll have to be the name of your next mix.

~Paul
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 15, 2006, 05:50:22 am
Is there anyway that I can host a mix disc somewhere?  If yes, can my mix disc be pretty much only jonathon richman with a couple other bands thrown in?
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: AugustWest on June 15, 2006, 03:57:12 pm
Is there anyway that I can host a mix disc somewhere?  If yes, can my mix disc be pretty much only jonathon richman with a couple other bands thrown in?

Yes please.
Title: Re: Mixdisc from '04
Post by: KeithHernandez on June 15, 2006, 08:26:38 pm
I knew there was a Richman fan here.  I just got a ton of Richman cd's that I could send you a copy of, or host somewhere.  If I can figure out how to host songs, or if someone tells me, I'll let you know.