The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on July 14, 2006, 05:17:00 am

Title: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: oball on July 14, 2006, 05:17:00 am
I PAID TWENTY-SIX BUCKS FOR THIS FUCKING ALBUM AND NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKING ABALONE! (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07142006)

Not your normal run-of-the-mill Fuck You Friday.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: smick on July 14, 2006, 05:17:47 am
The depressed cat killed the angry cat with the "rockin' thighs"
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: trouserbat on July 14, 2006, 05:22:19 am
Smick, I think your avatar says it best.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 14, 2006, 05:26:46 am
Dude is pretty sensitive about his Thighs.  Well not anymore I guess.

~Paul
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Ben-San on July 14, 2006, 05:31:07 am
The rough chuckles have been worked.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: jough on July 14, 2006, 05:37:35 am
The crap dude had a heart attack while being an asshole in someone's cornfield.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: V-Adore on July 14, 2006, 05:37:55 am
I'M JUST TRYING TO GET IN YOUR HEAD, YOU KNOW?

The cornfield angle is especially surreal. I mean... dang.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: a change in plans on July 14, 2006, 05:42:24 am
but damn that was a good one.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Doc on July 14, 2006, 05:53:57 am
Damn indeed.

Who is Onstar though? Is he calling his wife or is the car called Onstar or something?
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Lister on July 14, 2006, 05:58:50 am
Onstar is a service sold in GM vehicles that basically puts you in touch with a magic operator to fix your problems.  They can unlock your doors remotely or call for emergency assistance and whatnot.

It is basically like an auto association with a neat little name and scary Big Brother abilities.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: theinevitable on July 14, 2006, 06:10:14 am
Onstar? Onstar?  More like.... Constar! am I rite?



Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Mr. Chord on July 14, 2006, 06:28:43 am
Three days straight and my local chums and I have been more than pleased with Achewood after a long spell of disappointment. Yes, it's free, so whatever he wants to do is up to him. But it feels so good, like now, when it connects.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: trouserbat on July 14, 2006, 07:05:29 am
If you ask me, the thread title should have been "THIS CORN IS YOU, RAY SMUCKLES!"

Damned first-posters.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: bonaparte on July 14, 2006, 07:22:55 am
any guy that measures his self-worth in units sold or volume moved can basically go to hell in my book.

I hate Leo Fontanette and the fact that he embarassed my friend Roast Beef
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: mrchee on July 14, 2006, 07:42:44 am
I AM REPRESENT JAPAN MAN

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04042005 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04042005)
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: cellardoor on July 14, 2006, 07:57:46 am
Oh sweet christ please God not today
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: melack on July 14, 2006, 07:58:48 am
A dude receives a compliment and, as a result, suffers a heart attack while lost in a field of corn. This is not the proper etiquette for receiving compliments.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: oball on July 14, 2006, 08:03:55 am
If you ask me, the thread title should have been "THIS CORN IS YOU, RAY SMUCKLES!"

Damned first-posters.

I was going to use the abalone line but it didn't fit.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: mrdna1 on July 14, 2006, 09:51:39 am
I just drove from Buffalo to Syracuse at 4am in a car whose alternator (and I think entire electronic system by proxy) was basically not functioning, I have to work in six hours, and I haven't slept in 22 ... but it's a Fuck You Friday, so everything's cool.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Mite on July 14, 2006, 10:50:58 am
This was not at all what I was expecting when I saw it was a Fuck You Friday.

But I loved it just the same.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: CortJstr on July 14, 2006, 12:38:43 pm
A dude receives a compliment and, as a result, suffers a heart attack while lost in a field of corn. This is not the proper etiquette for receiving compliments.

Exactly. Some people are just too self-conconcious and hate being complimented. Apparently this was one of those guys. Maybe he's just uptight because despite working at a Caddy dealership he somehow got stuck with basically the worst vehicle they make. At least his isn't black.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Hobot on July 14, 2006, 01:03:15 pm
The fuckin' man upstairs was punchin' his dance card, so Leo Fontanette departed this life with a classy line: "Oh sweet Christ please God not today."

I am glad to know that there are parts of California undeveloped enough to allow space for at least one corn field; this is a comfort to me.



HAPPY FUCK YOU FRIDAY, EVERYONE; AND... FUCK YOU!
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: jough on July 14, 2006, 02:19:06 pm
That wasn't california, that was Iowa.  Ray takes the corporate Concorde to work out at his favourite gym in Sioux City.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: pmcd9 on July 14, 2006, 03:17:16 pm
I am glad to know that there are parts of California undeveloped enough to allow space for at least one corn field; this is a comfort to me.

Leo Fontamette moves so much volume that he can afford a place waaay out in the country.  That corn field is soon to be the site of another 'Master Planned Community.'

~Paul
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: misterqueue on July 14, 2006, 03:19:27 pm
I am glad to know that there are parts of California undeveloped enough to allow space for at least one corn field; this is a comfort to me.

From what I saw on my last trip like 90% of California is just fields or mountains.  There's a reason all their income comes from Agriculture.



Man I wish someone would punch MY dance card.  :(   (OH wait... no.. I didn't mean like tha-
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: theinevitable on July 14, 2006, 03:20:36 pm
oh man.

the man upstairs totally punched Q's dance card, and then hit the "post" button. intense.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: mkilly on July 14, 2006, 03:47:42 pm
Onstar? Onstar?  More like.... Constar! am I rite?

You are mistaken. More like Cornstar. (Also, it's "OnStar," but - I don't like indulging corporations and their dumb proprietary names for things. I feel very lame if I feel like I should say something like "Yeah, so does that Prius come with the LocksForSure(TM) ARL Uni-System?")
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Mite on July 14, 2006, 04:46:35 pm
As much as I love my mac, I will always sortof hate apple for starting that NoSpace ProductName convention.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 14, 2006, 06:11:14 pm
As much as I love my mac, I will always sortof hate apple for starting that noSpace productName convention.

fixd.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Mite on July 14, 2006, 11:44:36 pm
Oh right, forgot that part. That pisses me off even more. Thanks for fixing that, Mr. Ninja.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: pubdoggy on July 15, 2006, 12:24:02 am
Damn shit DAMN I really wanted to find this funny but had literally NO idea what Diovan or OnStar meant - so I had a chat with a mate, Gordon Oogle, and he explained things and i understand now but it's not as funny is it? nope. i am in the Tooting, it is about as far away from a corn field as you can get. shit damn if i was all yankee doodle i would have totally lapped this up shit damn ballbag (8 Guiness - goodnight)
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: melack on July 15, 2006, 07:37:28 am
Okay, I've just come up with a product idea. Instead of OnStar, it's OnStad. It's a new way of emailing for navigational help from your car. Unlike OnStar, OnStad is totally free. However, OnStad basically never replies to your help requests. If you're willing to pay $18 USD for Premium Service, however, you'll receive an answer, but this will usually take about 3-4 weeks.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: wombat on July 15, 2006, 03:34:06 pm
No, no, a better OnStad:  When you are stuck in a traffic jam, cartoons are emailed to you in your car to keep you entertained.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: linnea on July 15, 2006, 09:03:19 pm
that would be awesome. The comics could show up on your car's GPS monitor for easy reading.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 16, 2006, 12:27:40 am
No, no, a better OnStad:  When you are stuck in a traffic jam, cartoons are emailed to you in your car to keep you entertained.

"OnStad, I'm stuck on the 405, my marriage is failing and I have irritable bowel syndrome. Can you help?"

"We return Thursday."
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: AlohaDawg on July 16, 2006, 09:58:47 am
"OnStad, I'm stuck on the 405, my marriage is failing and I have irritable bowel syndrome. Can you help?"

"We return Thursday."


Wins.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: nuero on July 16, 2006, 04:05:39 pm
Okay, I've just come up with a product idea. Instead of OnStar, it's OnStad. It's a new way of emailing for navigational help from your car. Unlike OnStar, OnStad is totally free. However, OnStad basically never replies to your help requests. If you're willing to pay $18 USD for Premium Service, however, you'll receive an answer, but this will usually take about 3-4 weeks.
It is a play on words because the two words look similar, but it is also a joke about how the food-poisoned man with a baby does not make a comic about cats every day.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on July 16, 2006, 05:30:09 pm
This strip was my favorite in a long while. It was an unexpected turn in the story arch.

I don't remember why, but one day I came across a court case wherein the gubment wanted to use OnStar to listen to the minivans or whatever of potential terrorists. GM was not keen on the idea and successfully fought it ion constitutional grounds.

GM does not want the government listening to you through the visor of your minivan.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: ananke on July 17, 2006, 09:22:21 am
It is a play on words because the two words look similar, but it is also a joke about how the food-poisoned man with a baby does not make a comic about cats every day.

When I read this a laugh actually flew from my mouth, then I clapped my hands, then I began laughing even more loudly.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: melack on July 17, 2006, 04:30:56 pm
It is a play on words because the two words look similar, but it is also a joke about how the food-poisoned man with a baby does not make a comic about cats every day.

The man on the internet message board who does not realize food poisoning is temporary takes great offense at a good-natured ribbing about the man who sometimes makes a comic about cats every day.
Title: Re: July 14th, 2006 - DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH VOLUME I DO? NO! NO! HE DOESN'T!
Post by: colmore on July 18, 2006, 10:48:46 pm
So are we giving good posts library of congress cataloging tags now or what?