The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Drygioni on July 14, 2006, 11:21:03 pm

Title: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Drygioni on July 14, 2006, 11:21:03 pm
Happy Birthday Lister! You are a poster of inarguable quality, and even if you spend your birthday shooting baby birds and kicking amiable milkmen, I hope you enjoy it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: misterqueue on July 14, 2006, 11:34:00 pm
Happy birthday Lister, now the only other constant person on IRC, even if you never speak.

Huzzah to you!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Mite on July 14, 2006, 11:36:48 pm
Enjoy your birthday, Lister. I enjoy the children in your avatars almost as much as your scintillating conversation.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Hobot on July 14, 2006, 11:58:40 pm
Happy Birthday, Lister!  I know you are good people because you consoled me when Jough made me cry on IRC.  Hurrah for you!  I hope the anniversary of your date of birth is a top-notch affair.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: theinevitable on July 15, 2006, 03:51:55 am
happy birthday!

I got all wigged out the other day, because suddenly I remembered that I hadn't checked the "birthdays" section in a while, and I hadn't seen a Lister's Birthday thread.
I thought that I, through my negligence, had made everyone forget your birthday. Man.

have a good one.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: jough on July 15, 2006, 03:58:13 am
Happy Birthday, Mr. Lister.

May your candles burn like cities in your wake.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: V-Adore on July 15, 2006, 07:42:46 am
Happy birthday, Lister! I got nothin'.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: pmcd9 on July 15, 2006, 07:44:43 am
Happy birthday, Lister! I got nothin'.

A Happy Birthday Lister is all you need.

Happy Birthday Lister.

~Paul
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: AugustWest on July 15, 2006, 12:30:32 pm
Happy birfday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: side_show on July 15, 2006, 04:33:14 pm
Mister Lister?  Mr. Mister? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Mister) Happy Birthday!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Lister on July 15, 2006, 04:44:10 pm
Thanks everyone.  I shall do my best to enjoy the day in a TOUAMBish manner.  Perhaps I will get myself a fine DVD.

The possibilities are limited!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: linnea on July 16, 2006, 12:35:32 am
Happy birthday, my IRC compadre! Celebrate with a nap and then some ice cream!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: slink on July 16, 2006, 10:19:38 am
Hippo Birdies.

I'd supply the drawing but I can't do it in ASCII art.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: misterqueue on July 16, 2006, 04:27:01 pm
Hippo Birdies.

I'd supply the drawing but I can't do it in ASCII art.



         _   
        ('<       
       \(_)
        ,-'''''-.:-^-._           
      /      '  ( `  _\         
      \      \   _ .,-'         
      )_\-._-._((_(               




Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: slink on July 16, 2006, 07:24:38 pm


         _   
        ('<       
       \(_)
        ,-'''''-.:-^-._           
      /      '  ( `  _\         
      \      \   _ .,-'         
      )_\-._-._((_(               






Wow. Now I'm going to be a dick and say, it was always two birdies my grandmother drew... To make it plural and all.
But, assuming you didn't use a jpg to ASCII converter, that is... special!
Awesome.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: misterqueue on July 16, 2006, 07:45:22 pm
Actually I did that by hand pretty quicklike.

I-  yeah I need a hobby I guess.


Edit Also:

         _      _
        ('<   >')     
       \(_)   (_)/
        ,-'''''-.:-^-._           
      /      '  ( `  _\         
      \      \   _ .,-'         
      )_\-._-._((_(               
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: wombat on July 16, 2006, 08:25:09 pm
Are you sure that is a hippo?  It looks more like a yak or a musk ox that has lost its horns.  I am having trouble putting my finger on what it looks like but I am definitely getting a much fuzzier vibe than a hippo.  Also it should have a big prominent mouth and it has no visible mouth.  It looks like it has a mouth hidden in its fuzzy chin.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: misterqueue on July 16, 2006, 08:25:51 pm
Are you sure that is a hippo?  It looks more like a yak or a musk ox that has lost its horns.  I am having trouble putting my finger on what it looks like but I am definitely getting a much fuzzier vibe than a hippo.  Also it should have a big prominent mouth and it has no visible mouth.  It looks like it has a mouth hidden in its fuzzy chin.

Man.. I am not modifying this any more.  It's ASCII art.. and I am not a digital Rembrandt.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: linnea on July 16, 2006, 08:31:27 pm
Hee! that is awesome. I think the hippo looks fine, q.  I have no idea how to do ASCII art. Uh... I can do a muffin! [} that is about the extent of my capabilities. oh, and a heart. <3 It pales in comparison to the hippo.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: misterqueue on July 16, 2006, 08:33:21 pm
My favorite silly ASCII series:

:)  <-- me
8D <-- me on speed
<8D <--- me on speed in a dunces' cap
[==|8D> <--- Me on speed dressed as Abraham Lincoln
38D <--- me on speed dressed as Punchy from Hawaiian Punch
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Ben-San on July 16, 2006, 08:41:57 pm
(   ^·)  <- ASCII guinea pig
(   U·)  <- ASCII rabbit
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: theinevitable on July 16, 2006, 08:43:55 pm
that rabbit is indescribably cute. good lord.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: V-Adore on July 16, 2006, 08:45:25 pm
Oh man, this is cold takin' me back to young times, when I totally posted on usenet with a McQ Limit-breaking (I think it was nine or ten lines?) hand-ASCII'd anarchy sign made out of @s in my signature. Oh damn, embarrassment.

I've always been fond of ASCII stick-figure theater, myself:

o->-<      dude

o->-<|:    dude on a skateboard

o->-</;    WHOO POP A WHEELIE
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: CortJstr on July 16, 2006, 10:06:01 pm
Code: [Select]
My favorite :) is:

:-o>-[o]           Agape tourist with camera
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: jough on July 17, 2006, 12:06:09 am
There is no ASCII art like bukkake ASCII art:

8====D ~~~~~~~ ^_^
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: Mite on July 17, 2006, 01:30:06 am
Of course you had to come in here and ruin everything, didn't you. Didn't you!

I don't remember any ascii art at all. Thank god I've at least been able to forget a couple of the useless things I've learned through the years.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday Lister
Post by: slink on July 17, 2006, 09:44:41 am
I don't remember any ascii art at all. Thank god I've at least been able to forget a couple of the useless things I've learned through the years.

It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one! I can remember that Homer used to be easy, and I once made a penis, I think. Or something like that.
The IRC places I hung out weren't really about the ascii though. It was mostly 3d rendering and game mod channels.