The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: pmcd9 on July 17, 2006, 06:04:18 am
-
I've been craving ice cream ever since I read August's diary from yesterday. So when I read today that it's National Ice Cream Day I just couldn't resist. I headed on over to the store down at the end of the street, the one that sells soft serve. Lo and behold they had bananna, just like August had, and just exactly what I wanted. It was delicious (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN14248-E-1024.jpg).
~Paul
-
wow, apparently I celebrated National Ice Cream Day! I never eat icecream anymore, now that I have started a thing where instead of eating dessert late at night, I eat something healthy-er (a sandwich, or something. like a meal.) But today was my friends birthday, so we ate some Bluebell Ice Cream (on sale at your local Bi-Lo! half off!) Generally considered the best icecream In the World. Although I find it a little too sweet, personally.
the apostrophe key is still being strange. It seems that, perhaps, I have set the apostrophe to be some kind of shortcut key? when I hit that key, it goes to the "find on this page" bar.
-
I am in the wrong country to celebrate Ice-Cream day so I'll just have to go without but I had to post to say Paul, that is the most respectable picture of a man wearing a muscle shirt I have ever seen. That mustache is truly a thing of power (as if we didn't already know).
Edit: ok it's not exactly a muscle shirt, some kind of short sleeved t-shirt. My point was that whatever your wearing you always give me the impression it's becuase you just happened to take off your three piece suit for a moment. Possibly because it doesn't photograph well.
-
Yesterday, I went to the Royal International Air Tattoo as it is four miles from my house. Due to the heat, I had lots of ice cream. LOTS. The power of National Ice Cream day is potent indeed.
-
I had some CUNT sorbet yesterday, on account of the strep. It was just as good as actual ice cream. I may have to buy some more.
-
I only found out about National Ice Cream Day at the last moment, so I had to make do. I had a box of mochi ice cream bonbons in the freezer that I had kept for too long, and the mochi coating had gotten all nasty, but I hadn't been able to bear to throw them away, because it was the rare and wonderful Black Sesame flavor. I realized that I could peel off the mochi and eat the ice cream inside. So that was my celebration.
-
Somehow I doubt we here have a National Ice Cream day. I consider that a good thing.
Not that I don't love ice cream, don't get me wrong!
-
I had vanilla bean ice cream with cut up fresh peaches last night.
Today I'm getting back to my diet.
-
I would prefer cake.
But really:
(http://www.misterqueue.com/talked.gif)
-
For everyone watching their intake: http://www.skinnycow.com (http://www.skinnycow.com). The only thing of theirs that I've seen locally are the vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but they are lovely.
-
For everyone watching their intake: http://www.skinnycow.com (http://www.skinnycow.com).
Creepiest logo contest winner announced!
-
Creepiest logo contest winner announced!
Yeah seriously.. that's like the dream of some horrible Furry. If I'm going to take Ice Cream from a cow I definitely do not want it smiling coquettishly at me all such as "Hey sailor!"
It gives me the jibblies.
-
I second the skinny cow sandwiches. Very good.
Also, the Edy's light ice cream is just incredible. It's indistinguishable from normal ice cream.
-
a lady bought those skinny cow sandwiches the other day, and I, too, was struck by the scary lady on the logo.
-
We have Skinny Cow milk, and yeah, that cow's unnerving, isn't it?
Anyway, I just ate a vanilla Drumstick in honor of the day. Tonight: some awesome watermelon sherbet.
-
whatever your wearing you always give me the impression it's becuase you just happened to take off your three piece suit for a moment. Possibly because it doesn't photograph well.
Is this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN14258-E-1024.jpg) better?
~Paul
-
Yes, this is the Ur-Paul I have been searching for. The basic Paul from which all other Pauls spawn.
With icecream.
-
Is this (http://www.paulmcrae.com/images/Miscellany/Misc/DSCN14258-E-1024.jpg) better?
~Paul
The sneakers really complete the outfit.
-
Yeah seriously.. that's like the dream of some horrible Furry. If I'm going to take Ice Cream from a cow I definitely do not want it smiling coquettishly at me all such as "Hey sailor!"
It gives me the jibblies.
Yeah, WTF? Why does she have those weird, anthropomorphic lips? What, is the sight of a cow's udder/teats not a big enough reminder that she's a lady? Damn. That is hella creepy. "Got a light, sailor?"
EDIT: Oh yes, this was a thread about ice cream. At any rate, despite their unfortunatel logo, the skinny cow ice cream sammiches are actually very tasty. The trick is to stop at one, and they must have soaked the graham-cracker/cookie things in some sort of heinous addictive substance, because I always have to have two. Maybe I'm just a glutton.
Speaking of gluttony, after 7 long days on the hacker's diet, I broke down and got some Haagen Daz "Light" Dulce de Leche. That stuff must be made of the tears of baby angels, it is so fuck*ng delicious.
-
Nevertheless, Skinny Cow is delicious. In addition to Sunday being National Ice Cream Day, July is National Ice Cream Month so go out and enjoy some cool refreshing ice cream.
~Paul
-
Yeah, the sexy cow has always made me uneasy, but the product well outweighs the strange mascot.
As for Ice Cream Month, it's pretty facile of them to dedicate the month when people probably already ate the most ice cream and Ice Cream Month. Where's the challenge?
-
man, so, is Dulce De Leche everywhere now? I had it when I went to visit my mum's family in Chile, and I loved it, and we had to try hard to find it in the US. And now everyone is all "dude dulche (dool-chayy) de leche! Awesome!" and I get all mad and say "it isn't Italian, asshole!"
and then everyone gets even more confused.
-
man, so, is Dulce De Leche everywhere now?
I'd blame Sky for brining them up from Cuba.
-
Our a/c broke today, so I headed to the store for some ice cream, but found none of this special Dulce de Leche stuff. What's it like, anyway?
-
It's carmel, from the Southern Hemisphere.
I was referencing Guys and Dolls, where Sky Masterson takes Sister Sarah to Cuba, and gets her drunk on Dulce De Leche flavored drinks.
But stateside you can get the flavor in various products. I like the Luna bars. So far, none of them have made me break out in song.
-
I often see at places with frozen custard or soft serve. Like McDonald's.
-
Oh yes, this was a thread about ice cream.
Funny, I am planning a Denver trip and just searched the board for the name of the place there that serves the stout ice cream. It's called Lik's, and I think you were the one who suggested it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it till September (I'll be there Labor Day weekend), so I'll have to settle with what I can find in Utah this month. But Utah's a pretty good state for ice cream.
And now that I'm thinking about it, are there any other food/beer type places that I must try while I'm in Denver?
-
Funny, I am planning a Denver trip and just searched the board for the name of the place there that serves the stout ice cream. It's called Lik's, and I think you were the one who suggested it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it till September (I'll be there Labor Day weekend), so I'll have to settle with what I can find in Utah this month. But Utah's a pretty good state for ice cream.
And now that I'm thinking about it, are there any other food/beer type places that I must try while I'm in Denver?
Oh shit yes. Liks is the place with the Guinness ice cream. Call before you go to see if they have it.
My other favorite places...definitely go to Cherry Creek, which has a huge hoity-toity mall that is great, plus a ton of other awesome Denver places. Hapa in Cherry Creek is one of my favorite fusion-sushi places. They have this INSAAAANE roll with a horribly embarrassing name ("The Multiple Orgasm" roll) that is baked in this luscious sauce that will knock your socks off. My other favorite place in Cherry Creek is a bar called the Cherry Cricket. Get one of their burgers with smoked cheddar. It's fuck*ng unbelievably delicious - they're made with Angus beef that is so tender it will make you cry with deliciousness. They also have tons of microbrews on tap. ALSO in Cherry Creek there is a fabulous Gelato place that will make you want to sell your firstborn for another cone. Truly awesome. You literally cannot go wrong with any of the ice cream flavors they produce.
My other favorite Denver landmark is the Tattered Cover, which is a huge independent bookstore, which is also located in Cherry Creek. They're down the street from the Cherry Cricket, Hapa, and the gelato place.
Dammit, now I'm all hungry.
Oh! and mite, Dulce de Leche is a famous South American dessert, which is this heavenly caramel buttery creamy thing, and Haagen-Daz was brilliant enough to make an ice cream after the dessert. It's super rich caramel ice cream with thick ribbons of caramel running through it. The lite is awesome, and the regular has even more caramel than you thought possible. Their Dulce de Leche flavor is the number 1 seller in Latin America, from what I hear.
-
smick-- I wish I had read your post earlier, because the exact circumstance where I said "It's not Italian, dick!" was our school's production of Guys and Dolls.
actually I probably said it in a more reasonable way, because the guy mispronouncing it was a cool guy. When he sang "luck be a lady," the girls all gathered in the wings to watch him. and swooned.
at one point he thought I was banging his ex-girlfriend. that was pretty awesome.
-
I guess basically Miles just needs to go to Cherry Creek Mall.
~Paul
-
Things to Do in Denver When You're Hungry
I will definitely try to make it to Hapa and, if time permits, Cherry Cricket. Does the bookstore have a good used selection?
So I also want to sample some Denver microbrews, and from the online menu at Cherry Cricket it doesn't look like they have a ton of it there. Any good microbreweries or bars with a lot of microbrew on tap? Someone once told me Denver is the Munich of the Western US.