Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: National Ice Cream Day  (Read 5902 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 01:41:25 am »

whatever your wearing you always give me the impression it's becuase you just happened to take off your three piece suit for a moment. Possibly because it doesn't photograph well.

Is this better?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 02:30:08 am »

Yes, this is the Ur-Paul I have been searching for. The basic Paul from which all other Pauls spawn.
With icecream.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 03:34:31 am »

Is this better?

~Paul

The sneakers really complete the outfit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 03:43:17 am »

Yeah seriously.. that's like the dream of some horrible Furry.  If I'm going to take Ice Cream from a cow I definitely do not want it smiling coquettishly at me all such as "Hey sailor!"

It gives me the jibblies.

Yeah, WTF? Why does she have those weird, anthropomorphic lips? What, is the sight of a cow's udder/teats not a big enough reminder that she's a lady? Damn. That is hella creepy. "Got a light, sailor?"



EDIT: Oh yes, this was a thread about ice cream. At any rate, despite their unfortunatel logo, the skinny cow ice cream sammiches are actually very tasty. The trick is to stop at one, and they must have soaked the graham-cracker/cookie things in some sort of heinous addictive substance, because I always have to have two. Maybe I'm just a glutton.

Speaking of gluttony, after 7 long days on the hacker's diet, I broke down and got some Haagen Daz "Light" Dulce de Leche. That stuff must be made of the tears of baby angels, it is so fuck*ng delicious.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 04:09:05 am »

Nevertheless, Skinny Cow is delicious.  In addition to Sunday being National Ice Cream Day, July is National Ice Cream Month so go out and enjoy some cool refreshing ice cream.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 04:30:23 am »

Yeah, the sexy cow has always made me uneasy, but the product well outweighs the strange mascot.

As for Ice Cream Month, it's pretty facile of them to dedicate the month when people probably already ate the most ice cream and Ice Cream Month.  Where's the challenge?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 05:18:21 am »

man, so, is Dulce De Leche everywhere now? I had it when I went to visit my mum's family in Chile, and I loved it, and we had to try hard to find it in the US. And now everyone is all "dude dulche (dool-chayy) de leche! Awesome!" and I get all mad and say "it isn't Italian, asshole!"

and then everyone gets even more confused.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 06:34:56 pm »

man, so, is Dulce De Leche everywhere now?

I'd blame Sky for brining them up from Cuba.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 11:23:15 pm »

Our a/c broke today, so I headed to the store for some ice cream, but found none of this special Dulce de Leche stuff. What's it like, anyway?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 11:28:36 pm »

It's carmel, from the Southern Hemisphere. 

I was referencing Guys and Dolls, where Sky Masterson takes Sister Sarah to Cuba, and gets her drunk on Dulce De Leche flavored drinks.

But stateside you can get the flavor in various products.   I like the Luna bars.   So far, none of them have made me break out in song.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 12:01:10 am »

I often see at places with frozen custard or soft serve. Like McDonald's.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 01:03:47 am »

Oh yes, this was a thread about ice cream.

Funny, I am planning a Denver trip and just searched the board for the name of the place there that serves the stout ice cream.  It's called Lik's, and I think you were the one who suggested it.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it till September (I'll be there Labor Day weekend), so I'll have to settle with what I can find in Utah this month.  But Utah's a pretty good state for ice cream.

And now that I'm thinking about it, are there any other food/beer type places that I must try while I'm in Denver?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 04:19:16 am »

Funny, I am planning a Denver trip and just searched the board for the name of the place there that serves the stout ice cream.  It's called Lik's, and I think you were the one who suggested it.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to try it till September (I'll be there Labor Day weekend), so I'll have to settle with what I can find in Utah this month.  But Utah's a pretty good state for ice cream.

And now that I'm thinking about it, are there any other food/beer type places that I must try while I'm in Denver?

Oh shit yes. Liks is the place with the Guinness ice cream. Call before you go to see if they have it.

My other favorite places...definitely go to Cherry Creek, which has a huge hoity-toity mall that is great, plus a ton of other awesome Denver places. Hapa in Cherry Creek is one of my favorite fusion-sushi places. They have this INSAAAANE roll with a horribly embarrassing name ("The Multiple Orgasm" roll) that is baked in this luscious sauce that will knock your socks off. My other favorite place in Cherry Creek is a bar called the Cherry Cricket. Get one of their burgers with smoked cheddar. It's fuck*ng unbelievably delicious - they're made with Angus beef that is so tender it will make you cry with deliciousness. They also have tons of microbrews on tap. ALSO in Cherry Creek there is a fabulous Gelato place that will make you want to sell your firstborn for another cone. Truly awesome. You literally cannot go wrong with any of the ice cream flavors they produce.

My other favorite Denver landmark is the Tattered Cover, which is a huge independent bookstore, which is also located in Cherry Creek. They're down the street from the Cherry Cricket, Hapa, and the gelato place.

Dammit, now I'm all hungry.

Oh! and mite, Dulce de Leche is a famous South American dessert, which is this heavenly caramel buttery creamy thing, and Haagen-Daz was brilliant enough to make an ice cream after the dessert. It's super rich caramel ice cream with thick ribbons of caramel running through it. The lite is awesome, and the regular has even more caramel than you thought possible. Their Dulce de Leche flavor is the number 1 seller in Latin America, from what I hear.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 06:19:01 am »

smick-- I wish I had read your post earlier, because the exact circumstance where I said "It's not Italian, dick!" was our school's production of Guys and Dolls.

actually I probably said it in a more reasonable way, because the guy mispronouncing it was a cool guy. When he sang "luck be a lady," the girls all gathered in the wings to watch him. and swooned.

at one point he thought I was banging his ex-girlfriend. that was pretty awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 06:22:07 am »

I guess basically Miles just needs to go to Cherry Creek Mall.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up