The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Drygioni on July 30, 2006, 09:45:41 am

Title: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Drygioni on July 30, 2006, 09:45:41 am
Free-swingin' cat dong (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07312006)

Good sweet lord. That Pat photo will both stick in the mind and haunt it for ages. That's exactly how Pat would look with magic realism, but trust Onstad to make it interesting.

I am talking about his c*ck.

But, the rest of the strip was very good too! I'm not obsessed with cock!
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Doc on July 30, 2006, 11:21:00 am
No Judy, the c*ck really is basically the whole point.
The magic realism explanation is basically filler when compared to that last frame, hell if today's comic had been 'Soon' and the Pat frame I'd have been perfectly happy.

That said Ray standing in his raining RV is my new favourite Ray picture.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: jough on July 30, 2006, 12:47:09 pm
We return Thursday.

Well, I guess Pat doesn't feel like a Vegan on the inside?  And what's with the crotchless/buttless chaps?  I guess Pat is really really fuck*ng gay on the inside?

I guess gay + meat-eater go together, though.

So does a gay meat-eating cat's cock = teh funny nowadays?  Is this what you kids are laughing at?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 30, 2006, 01:27:58 pm
The vegan cat secretly wishes that he was a member of The Village People and also raised Angus Cattle.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 30, 2006, 02:13:19 pm
Oh, there I was on a Sunday morning, innocently enjoying Ray's magical RV.... nooooooooooo MY EYES!!!! Oh god it is worse than that cut-out of Nice Pete with the wings...

 
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 30, 2006, 02:45:47 pm
MisterQueue are you going to take this insult lying down
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Lister on July 30, 2006, 02:53:09 pm
Ray is absolutely put out with his mexican RV.  He has had it.  This RV is nothing but a disappointment, and it isn't shaping up despite being told to.

And just because Pat's holding sausages and wearing nothing but chaps, a mustache, and an er...

Yeah, I give up.

That's gay.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 30, 2006, 03:00:22 pm
MisterQueue are you going to take this insult lying down


Man this schtick was old yesterday.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Choop on July 30, 2006, 03:10:10 pm
Man. Barbs.



Sorry.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: dejavroom on July 30, 2006, 03:16:09 pm
The funniest thing to me is how foaming, flamboyantly wrathful Pat's gayness is. He's basically showing every slacker, lispy gay dude in the area how to do it properly. Loudly pouring forth a string of semi-coherent gay obscenities that's making every garage door in the block rattle, flailing people senseless with that sausage, after clubbing them in the nape with the chicken thigh...
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 30, 2006, 03:25:14 pm
The funniest thing to me is how foaming, flamboyantly wrathful Pat's gayness is. He's basically showing every slacker, lispy gay dude in the area how to do it properly. Loudly pouring forth a string of semi-coherent gay obscenities that's making every garage door in the block rattle, flailing people senseless with that sausage, after clubbing them in the nape with the chicken thigh...

I don't think Pat is gay. Pat is "taking back" what he considers manly-imagery (assless #####, meat, etc.) from the homosexual barbers who dog him at every turn
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Hobot on July 30, 2006, 03:48:00 pm
I would not have thought that Téodor feels like "some blowjob from Banana Republic ads" on the inside; he does not strike me as a fellow with a lot of self-confidence (though he obviously has more than Beef, who has the temperature equivalent of absolute zero on the Kelvin scale when it comes to self-esteem).

I would enjoy seeing how Ray feels about himself.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 30, 2006, 03:49:55 pm
I would enjoy seeing how Ray feels about himself.

Ray would either show up completely as he is... or he would be "RAY, RAY, A HUNDRED RAYS, ONE THOUSAND RAYS!" With shimmering light around his head and mad fly honeys in his lap.  That's right, not just honeys, but MAD FLY honeys.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: AugustWest on July 30, 2006, 03:56:13 pm
Ray Smuckles = Zaphod Beeblebrox
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Hobot on July 30, 2006, 03:58:26 pm
Ray would either show up completely as he is... or he would be "RAY, RAY, A HUNDRED RAYS, ONE THOUSAND RAYS!" With shimmering light around his head and mad fly honeys in his lap.  That's right, not just honeys, but MAD FLY honeys.

Something like this (http://www.stgeorgebeirut.org/gif/subpages/treasures/christb.jpg), but with more bitches.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 30, 2006, 04:03:30 pm
Something like this (http://www.stgeorgebeirut.org/gif/subpages/treasures/christb.jpg), but with more bitches.

So I guess like this (http://www.lisarein.com/jesustour.jpg)?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 30, 2006, 04:29:43 pm
So I guess like this (http://www.lisarein.com/jesustour.jpg)?

Holy... I don't know what.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: theinevitable on July 30, 2006, 04:35:00 pm
I had such a good c*ck joke, and I forgot it midway through reading the first page.

so, I suppose onstad was so excited about the Pat c*ck that he had to post this on the weekend?

in his own mind, Pat is Free as a Bird. He rocks out with his...

I cannot say that phrase. I am sorry. it reminds me of people who are annoying.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 30, 2006, 04:38:04 pm
I had such a good c*ck joke, and I forgot it midway through reading the first page.

so, I suppose onstad was so excited about the Pat c*ck that he had to post this on the weekend?

in his own mind, Pat is Free as a Bird. He rocks out with his...

I cannot say that phrase. I am sorry. it reminds me of people who are annoying.

He bangs out with his wang out.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: elfbabe on July 30, 2006, 04:53:16 pm
He.... fools out with his tool out?

He meats out with his meat out? Because if "to meat out" can ever be considered a legitimate verb, Pat is definitely doing it in that picture.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: dejavroom on July 30, 2006, 04:59:58 pm
Maybe something like this, too: http://www.livingstonemusic.net/postersfiles/fool.gif (http://www.livingstonemusic.net/postersfiles/fool.gif)
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: linnea on July 30, 2006, 07:16:09 pm
I think that Pat is probably the most repressed cat out there. Assless chaps (just like Cher or Prince!), gay Sancho moustache, and fists full of animal products. Oh, and his wang hanging out, magnified by 20 times.

He is like a non-vegan feline form of a Tom's of Finland dude (http://www.gay-serbia.com/kolumna/2001/01-05-18-tom-of-finland/index.jsp).(LINK NSFW. thanks, Google) Heh. That is so scary.


Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: EgoSumNoah on July 30, 2006, 07:46:13 pm
I would not have thought that Téodor feels like "some blowjob from Banana Republic ads" on the inside; he does not strike me as a fellow with a lot of self-confidence

Remember when someone (Mr. Bear I think) was complaining about Teodor's cullinary terrorism, charging through the house and adding some spice to someone else's dish before darting off? And how Teodor fancies himself a pretty good guitarist, and how his show would be the best cooking show ever? He's far from being a jerk, but Teodor does have some adolescent cockiness. He's changed a lot since the early days (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01172002).

As for Ray, he could just be himself, or he could be Steve McQueen.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Mite on July 30, 2006, 07:55:03 pm
Loved the crap out of this one. Just really, really loved it.

And for the last time, people: all chaps are assless! That's what chaps are! If they weren't assless, they'd just be #####! Haven't you people ever seen a rodeo?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 30, 2006, 07:58:00 pm
Haven't you people ever seen a rodeo?

Um, no.

You are supposed to wear trousers under them, though, aren't you? 
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: dejavroom on July 30, 2006, 09:19:25 pm
The c*ck was edited out. Issues with the missus?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 30, 2006, 09:29:17 pm
He remembered you are supposed to wear trousers under chaps?  Oh!  See!  He does read the messageboard!
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: CortJstr on July 30, 2006, 10:02:20 pm
I kind of hope that we don't see any pictures of Nice Pete. I'm sure the human mind is meant to handle his self image.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: talgkjertel on July 30, 2006, 10:21:35 pm
I just saw the new edition. What a sell-out he is to compromise his artistic integrity. It makes me furious!
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Drygioni on July 30, 2006, 10:29:05 pm
Perhaps this new version of the strip is showing Pat's inner self as a eunuch. I mean, that non-descript lump around his groin leaves plenty to the imagination.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: linnea on July 30, 2006, 10:51:17 pm
Well... I have to say that I thought Pat's twenty-times-life-size wang was slightly offensive to me. I'm glad that Onstad removed it. I think that the strip is (almost) just as funny without Pat's cock in lurid detail.  Also, since Pat is "Turtleneck Tom", is there a difference in illustrating said member? I mean, did Onstad remember that particular Turtleneck detail when he was drawing the uncesnsored version of Pat?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 30, 2006, 11:10:34 pm
Not that I'm one to argue for cartoon catcock, but um.. I don't see what the whole big deal was really.  Maybe he suddenly realized that one day his daughter would grow up and he didn't want her to know that Dad once drew cat cocks.  Time to go "fix" the archives too then I guess!

Seriously though, self-censorship is retarded, but not as much as externally forced censorship I guess.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 12:19:58 am
I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 31, 2006, 01:08:09 am
I still had it up on the screen when I read the posting that said it had been changed.  I thought about saving it, but I decided to let it die.  If only I could erase the memory so easily.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: CortJstr on July 31, 2006, 01:45:29 am
I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.

Elfbabe's avatar (http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=135) is the original version of the last panel.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: keef on July 31, 2006, 02:42:18 am
WAY funnier with the big old dong.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: CortJstr on July 31, 2006, 04:00:05 am
Edit: BOO

But it's etched in my brains anyhow.

Actually, if I stroked out right now, that Pat image would prolly be the last recognizable flare from my brain neurons before shutdown.

Holy shit, is that a saddest thing?

(YES)

I completely misread "if I stroked out right now" when I first saw it...
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 04:06:07 am
Yeah, I thought Ash was saying that he was stroking it to that image of Pat.

WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT, DUDE
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: elfbabe on July 31, 2006, 04:06:33 am
I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.

You ask, I give.
http://pics.livejournal.com/elfbabe/pic/000fxewy

The credit, though, goes to my boyfriend, for insisting that the shot of Pat would make a great LiveJournal userpic. And so I saved it and edited it. And thus was it preserved for the future.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 04:11:13 am
Rock.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: oball on July 31, 2006, 04:40:46 am
I didn't read the comic until just now, and so I missed out on the PatWang.

I still laughed my arse off at the last panel, though.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 31, 2006, 11:53:23 am
Speaking of assless #####, I've noticed since the foil underwear thread/badass games that we see more of Beef in his jams. I like the concept of ##### on cats and think that it is a good move.

Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: keef on July 31, 2006, 12:37:02 pm
Thank you for posting the original.  SHEER HILARITY.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 31, 2006, 12:46:06 pm
Speaking of assless ******, I've noticed since the foil underwear thread/badass games that we see more of Beef in his jams. I like the concept of ****** on cats and think that it is a good move.


Seriously.  I mean, it's like a hundred degrees out, and the rest of us still have to wear clothes. Why should cats get to go naked?
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 12:49:12 pm
I think it's simply a sign of 'Stad's decaying mind.  Much like Howard Hughes, he is becoming a shut-in and terribly afraid of the hygiene of his imaginary cats.  Why soon they'll all be wearing petticoats and Kleenex boxes for shoes!


That being said, Beef does look better in his jammy-jams, I suspect it's because he doesn't have that awkward chicken-thigh thing showing that comes of cats standing on hindlegs.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: side_show on July 31, 2006, 04:00:06 pm
This is not how I wanted to start my week.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: xzqx on July 31, 2006, 04:22:23 pm
I came to the party late. Thanks for posting the original picture! Holy schlong!

Also, how about these:

Eats out with his meat out (you know, hides it under his napkin, it's OK)
Means out with his peen out
Gongs out with his schlong out
Takes out with his snake out ("takes out" == "getting take-out")

oh, i've spent too much energy on this already.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: elfbabe on July 31, 2006, 04:44:59 pm
All right, I couldn't bear to keep that Pat image up as my avatar any longer. That thing is just too disturbing to look at on a regular basis. I'm all ooged out now.

... the kind of ooged out that could probably be relieved by something in some kind of tiny can...
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 04:51:28 pm

... the kind of ooged out that could probably be relieved by something in some kind of tiny can...

Man.. begging just makes me want to take them away... take them all away...

You're lucky I'm feeling lazy today.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: umbra_moses on July 31, 2006, 06:59:06 pm
Maybe the two versions of the strip are part of achewood canon.  Like, we saw the picture of a heavy Roast Beef turn into John Popper from Blues Traveler right before our eyes. 

Maybe earlier in the day, Pat felt he was a badass with a huge dick, and then later his self esteem was hurt and he felt dickless, and now he has resumed his self esteem and his huge dick image.

MAGICAL REALISM STRIKES THE READER'S DIMENSION.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: KeithHernandez on July 31, 2006, 07:08:03 pm
Well, the cat c*ck is up again.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: keef on July 31, 2006, 07:39:42 pm
Well, the cat c*ck is up again.

I'm going to have to start using this phrase in everyday conversation.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Mr. Chord on July 31, 2006, 09:33:33 pm
OH LORD

I didn't see the original, so I was sitting here yesterday and going "Why do all these TOUAMBers think that curve is a c*ck."

But there it is. Tony Millionaire must have made a drunken dare on Onstad.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: wombat on July 31, 2006, 09:43:31 pm
OMG this is madness.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: mrchee on July 31, 2006, 09:55:20 pm
I'm going to have to start using this phrase in everyday conversation.

Instead of, "well the NASDAQ is up again"

Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: EgoSumNoah on July 31, 2006, 11:27:34 pm
Well, the cat c*ck is up again.
Instead of, "well the NASDAQ is up again"

Investing in cat c*ck futures.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Drygioni on July 31, 2006, 11:31:46 pm
Investing in cat c*ck futures.

"Stocks went up today when a beautiful stray entered the room. After a brief relapse, the day finished on a high with a midnight liaison in an alley"
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 11:41:24 pm
"Stocks went up today when a beautiful stray entered the room. After a brief relapse, the day finished on a high with a midnight liaison in an alley"

Also, barbs.

Film at 11.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Formica on July 31, 2006, 11:59:19 pm
I just hope we get a further exploration of Pat's psyche. Unlikely, of course; Pat's sexuality and militant veganism are key portions of the Achewood subtext. For Onstad to blatantly address these issues would alienate the key "repressed homosexual vegan who wants a drumstick" demographic so critical to Achewood's success.

Discreet encounters with ecotelligent men. Easy and safe. Find men in your area that share your respect for the Earth. Vegan outings, holistic meditation seminars, cruelty-free shopping tips, SUV defacement disobedience training, FalconLore(tm) GM roundtables. Want more? Email with your biorhythmic data for more information.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: mrchee on August 01, 2006, 12:20:39 am
You mean 'discreet'?  Or I don't know, maybe you mean that your service competes with other, inferior services that can only provide encounters in multiples of x, where x is any real number in the set [0, inf)
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: DanSC on August 01, 2006, 02:22:41 am
I just have to say that the drawing of Ray standing in the RV in which it's always raining is my favorite drawing that Mr. Onstad has ever done. And so very magical realism.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: linnea on August 01, 2006, 03:02:44 am
I can't effing believe that Onstad put the Pat Wang up again! Man, I wonder what drove him to do that. Crazy.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: CortJstr on August 01, 2006, 03:21:27 am
I can't effing believe that Onstad put the Pat Wang up again! Man, I wonder what drove him to do that. Crazy.

Apparently vociferous public speech.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: typo on August 01, 2006, 04:03:33 am
When I invite a friend to see for the first time the latest incarnation of Achewood, I as a loyal reader demand for my friend to not be let down.  Pat's cock has returned and rightly so.  Always trust your first instinct, Onstad.  No matter how queasy that instinct may make you feel.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: innes on August 01, 2006, 02:20:15 pm
If I could place one theory further:
With the vacillating place the surplus is simply, if the member should be shown or not, Onstad with us on the Katze-c*ckes in a relation. I forecast which the c*ck with regular intervals allows and blocks and describes, in time, a binary code. This electricity penile materialisations and dematerializations is initially composed of something like p. e.g. a PU concerning 1000 places. This one is, therefore we can represent coding outside. Then, the embedded advertisement is the sending and gives instructions, where a bejewelled is found, Figürchen with discovered of Klapses which is buried some share the sector real-life of California, after Achewood is put.
Obviously, I could be false.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: jough on August 01, 2006, 03:07:16 pm
Exciting Developments Wednesday?  Is that better or worse than Fuck You Friday?

Anyway, I am disappointed that Onstad did not give the board a birthday strip this year.  I'm sure it was intentional.

So I guess this is more like a Fuck You Tuesday.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: mrdna1 on August 01, 2006, 03:21:26 pm
Exciting Developments Wednesday?  Is that better or worse than Fuck You Friday?

Exciting Developments = Chicken
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 01, 2006, 04:56:16 pm
Exciting Developments = Chicken

Provide your own beer can for this one.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 02, 2006, 02:47:56 am
i just noticed that Ray is basically super skinny in his RV.


Also, hell of foreshadowing when Beef says that would be the Dickens of a chuckle.
Title: Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
Post by: side_show on August 02, 2006, 04:49:03 am
Exciting Developments Wednesday?  Is that better or worse than Fuck You Friday?

Anyway, I am disappointed that Onstad did not give the board a birthday strip this year.  I'm sure it was intentional.

So I guess this is more like a Fuck You Tuesday.


Yeah, probably intentional. 

I was actually thinking about this yesterday: Would it kill the guy to list this message board as a link on his site?

Oh well, I'm sure it just kills him to lurk here with-out posting.  I like to imagine him reading up here and getting all irked about things we are saying, and then he probably telling his wife all about it. And then she is all telling him to shut up and sign all the drawings she's made in his anthologies and cookbooks so she can go change the baby.  Beautiful.