The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on July 31, 2006, 03:57:55 pm

Title: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 03:57:55 pm
Hey kids,

Sometime tonight the board will be a rip-roaring three years old.  The terrible twos are over.

Tomorrow will be Nostalgia Day wherein we can discuss the ups and downs of the board over the past three years, and what is to come for year four.

Have some cake, be sure to get a lap dance from one of the girls we imported, and don't forget to tip your waitresses (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=donations%40plagiarist%2ecom&item_name=Achewood%20Message%20Board&item_number=TOUAMB&no_shipping=1&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&charset=UTF%2d8&charset=UTF%2d8).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: side_show on July 31, 2006, 04:02:26 pm
Three?! Jesus!

I have spent more time with TOUAMB than some of my flesh and blood friends!  Sad!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: misterqueue on July 31, 2006, 04:04:09 pm
Hi board, it's me... MisterQueue.

I know you're three now... and well, I've only been with you for a little over half a year, but.. you know.. I think- I think we're ready for the next step in our relationship.  That's why I'm asking you to tattoo my name upon your ass; just to prove your love to me.

Think it over.. I'll be around.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: wombat on July 31, 2006, 04:04:38 pm
be sure to get a lap dance from one of the girls we imported,

What!  No guys!?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: jough on July 31, 2006, 04:07:55 pm
We talked about this (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2974.msg72385.html#msg72385).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Drygioni on July 31, 2006, 04:24:08 pm
Happy Birthday, TOUAMB. My time spent here has been much like my life so far: brief but awesome. I hope things continue to be this way! Other than the brief bit. I don't want that.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: AugustWest on July 31, 2006, 04:31:38 pm
Happy fuck*ng Birthday TOUAMB!  Now is the time to dance like you got *****s in your #####.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: theinevitable on July 31, 2006, 04:42:01 pm
touamb, happy birthday. you let me pretend I have friends sometimes, when my "real life" friends are not around! you let me learn about tom cruise eating a placenta, and wierd kinds of Soda, and old bands that no one gives a shit about. also, I get to say awkward things all the time, and mostly people pretend like they were not horribly awkward things for me to say! also, sometimes people here give me great advice like "dump that bitch right now, dude." that bitch ended up dumping me, but, you know. the advice was good.

what I am saying is, TOUAMB, you are rad.

also, my apostrophe key is acting up again. what the hell, firefox. you are not invited to TOUAMB-s birthday party.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: dejavroom on July 31, 2006, 04:42:20 pm
Congratulations, TOUAMB! If you were a real person and I had the money, I'd buy you the Venture Bros. DVD, which (I suppose, but really, it can only be) AWESOME.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Hobot on July 31, 2006, 04:58:47 pm
Happy Birthday to you, inanimate collection of pixels and gathering-place of imaginary friends!  Thanks to you, both my parents and friends have expressed their concern about how much time I spend on the Internet, to the exclusion of all else.  You are an irreplaceable, time-consuming vortex, and gosh darn if I don't love you for it.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: theinevitable on July 31, 2006, 05:06:08 pm
also, touamb, thank you for introducing me to my lady love, mme. hobot! without her, I would be lost.

I suppose I thank you, too, for all these other jackasses awesome people.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 31, 2006, 05:25:07 pm
Three freakin' years?  Jeez, time flies.  It's sort of frightening.

Happy birthday TOUAMB.  Thanks to the board and its members for providing an excellent diversion on the road to the grave (and top-notch work-avoidance tool).
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Mite on July 31, 2006, 05:37:31 pm
Wow, boards, it's been a crazy three years for the both of us.

Stay classy, TOUAMB.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: wombat on July 31, 2006, 08:27:21 pm
This thread is utter nonsense.  There was never a time when this board did not exist.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on July 31, 2006, 09:25:13 pm
Suppose there should be another AcheCon DC, except you are all boring.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: CortJstr on August 01, 2006, 01:28:44 am
also, my apostrophe key is acting up again. what the hell, firefox. you are not invited to TOUAMB-s birthday party.

This happened to both me and the SO last week on two different computers. WTF

Happy birthday, message board. How old is 3 in internet years?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: misterqueue on August 01, 2006, 01:41:07 am
Happy birthday, message board. How old is 3 in internet years?

53.  HTH. HAND.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: linnea on August 01, 2006, 01:54:14 am
Happy fuck*ng birthday, TOUAMB!  Gosh, I have had so much fun even though I only joined up in '04. Perhaps next year, if you're good, I'll mercilessly grind my *** atop a birthday cake, just for you. I am going to go drink my reward beer, now.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 01, 2006, 02:39:11 am
Shut up, Mister Comes To SoCal and Doesn't Say Shit 'Till Later.


How the hell should i know you live there?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: AlohaDawg on August 01, 2006, 07:06:10 am
Happy Birthday <Especially>  to those Charter Members who appeared on 7/31 or 8/1. Some have stayed and continued to contribute, others fell by the wayside...but, Happy Birthday, board, and all:

jough         
jldunston             
richie_dagger                      
Vinz Clortho             
slink           
Nabubrush drinks (a lot)             
TomJ
AugustWest    
CortJstr
Asherdan    
yahnai                      
pmcd9   
starlight          
andalucia
doomglobe        
AlohaDawg        
richter       
keef          
JorgeFabregas             
pubdoggy     
Jugwine                      
arlucasinc          
Schabe           
Pedro Picasso   
misterhaan           
Capn
satchel        
Freddie Fractions    
Paisley    
CarlosDelVaca    
Flenker         
MSC                      
Choopernickel    
fuddes       
sjlimmer    
dmt          
Lane       
ferocious j       
The Wonderous Me             
wombat       
Limmo        
Thak             
I Am Not Creative       
V-Adore
NINBarbie         
FeeReep    
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: robot_god on August 01, 2006, 10:11:18 am
(http://www.mamamousse.com/assets/products/cakes/cake-birthday-spiderman-2-67a.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 12:46:29 pm
I am still having trouble with the idea of celebrating a birthday when I can't remember this board ever not existing.  But I guess I'll take any excuse to eat cake.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 01, 2006, 03:58:04 pm
(http://www.mamamousse.com/assets/products/cakes/cake-birthday-spiderman-2-67a.jpg)

Eh, Isaiah! Thees ees no so bad, oui?! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08122004)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 01, 2006, 04:11:02 pm
So yeah, and shit. Happy birthday, and good luck in the future.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: wombat on August 01, 2006, 05:05:29 pm
Nabu's back!  What a good birthday present!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Nabubrush on August 01, 2006, 08:52:17 pm
Nabu's back!  What a good birthday present!

Ah Wombat, it was ever thus - you always were the best of us.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Roger on August 01, 2006, 08:52:58 pm
Hey there birthday board. Congratulations!

I hope we'll still be around two years from now when you turn five, just to see if you'll be five forever.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: sjlimmer on August 02, 2006, 01:57:40 am
Damn, I leave for a while, and what the hell happens?  You people can only come up with two pages of in this thread? 

What?  The?  Hell?

Anyway, happy b-day board.  May you grow old and feeble before I do...

P.S.  Thanks for including my name on your list there, AD
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 02, 2006, 02:06:20 am
Happy birthday TOUAMB, you deserve this Bass Pale Ale more than me, but you would probably not know what to do with it.


Edit: I thought the board started on 8/1/03, or was it 7/31?

Jough made a comment about there being no strip today, calling it a fuck you tuesday by Onstad, and I just thought that it was 8/1 as like everyone that I have looked at joined then, but yea, when was it?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: CortJstr on August 02, 2006, 02:16:32 am
Happy birthday TOUAMB, you deserve this Bass Pale Ale more than me, but you would probably not know what to do with it.


Edit: I thought the board started on 8/1/03, or was it 7/31?

Jough made a comment about there being no strip today, calling it a fuck you tuesday by Onstad, and I just thought that it was 8/1 as like everyone that I have looked at joined then, but yea, when was it?

Onstad warned us he was closing the Dumbrella board on 8/1/03. Jough started this board up sometime on 7/31 but most people didn't come over until 8/1. Plus 8/1 is when Onstad posted his "fuck you message board people" strip.

So we think of 7/31 as kind of a preview/set-up period and 8/1 as the board's actual birthday.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: jough on August 02, 2006, 03:46:21 am
It was very late at night on the 31st of July, 2003, but most people didn't join until after midnight or the next day.  It was one of those crazy times when I was up all night and just stayed up setting up the new board and informing all of the old Dumbrella board folks.

I had meant to post something here today about the genesis of the board, and how while I did the technical part it was really JL Dunston who made this a community and whose influence set the board's tone and tenor.  I was just along for the ride like everyone else.

I also provided the firm hand, the bad cop to her good cop, etc.  Onstad was pretty abusive on the old Dumbrella board and people seemed to like that.  So I kept up the tradition, at least at first, of arbitrarily closing threads and knocking down anyone who started trouble.  I'm far more polite and nicer in real life, or even on other boards.  There's something about being the message board Fuhrer that brings out the fascist in me.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 02, 2006, 08:30:12 am
Hark the Herald Angels Angels Sing is playing in my head as I read this thread.

It makes no sense.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: Limmo on August 02, 2006, 06:34:52 pm
it was really JL Dunston who made this a community and whose influence set the board's tone and tenor. 

I miss her so goddam much it's just stupid.  Pedro, too, but he pops in every once in a blue moon. 

::pours out some of his 40 for Jamie Lynn::
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: side_show on August 02, 2006, 07:31:35 pm
Yeah, in regard to nostalgia of Dumbrella...

What I really remember, when I first came to the Dumbrella board, was thinking that JL and Jough and Onstad all worked in an office together.  Probably because JL and Jough were such a cohesive balancing body, and Onstad was the trickster in the middle forcing everyone to find that balance, yet both JL and Jough were sort of polite to him in an employee to boss sort of way.  You two both did so much work for Onstad's benifit Jough - did either of you get anything in return, apart from dick slaps?  Also, how did you come to the original board?  How did come to basically run it?

I also seem to remember Doomglobe being a serious force of tom-fuckery for everyone, back in the day.  I seem to more specifically remember how he put the smack down on me for somereason... I can't remember why anymore.  That guy's gone MIA.

Also, I remember feeling totally obliged to read wigu.  Mostly because there was a lot of wigu spill-over on the Dumbrella boards.  I'm glad I don't have to read wigu anymore.  I never really liked it all that much.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 05, 2006, 10:04:54 am
Onstad warned us he was closing the Dumbrella board on 8/1/03. Jough started this board up sometime on 7/31 but most people didn't come over until 8/1. Plus 8/1 is when Onstad posted his "fuck you message board people" strip.

So we think of 7/31 as kind of a preview/set-up period and 8/1 as the board's actual birthday.

So 7/31 is when G.O.D. and the internet fucked, and 8/1 is the day they blessed the world with their son.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: theinevitable on August 05, 2006, 02:15:36 pm
dude... are you bangin' a website?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: V-Adore on August 07, 2006, 08:07:58 pm
Man, I remember those first days and finally emerging from lurkerdom into terrified-newbie-dom. The Dumbrella board had been... well, not a den of iniquity, per se, but certainly a den of something, a huge congealed wad of Interweb Terror that overwhelmed any possibility I could have had of participating. This board -- hey, no Onstad! And fewer total dickslaps! I could deal with that!

I guess what I'm trying to say is thank you, board, and belated happy birthday. I'm sorry I have been AWOL due to the depression and generally being the worst admin ever. God bless.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: misterqueue on August 08, 2006, 12:21:52 am
Owls are great. Have you ever had an owl sit on your roof? It is nifty. To conlude, we find these truths to be self-evident.

Did you just... did you...   


did you post to the wrong thread (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3034.msg73133.html#msg73133)?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 08, 2006, 12:43:04 am
I'm not sure how that happened, but yes, I find that truth to be self-evident as well.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: hound on November 26, 2007, 04:59:24 pm
haply nex berthdais touamb how will it feel
Title: Re: Happy Birthday, TOUAMB!
Post by: lprkn on November 26, 2007, 09:51:00 pm
Is this Lyle's French (or Québécois) cousin?