The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: misterqueue on August 07, 2006, 03:28:44 pm

Title: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: misterqueue on August 07, 2006, 03:28:44 pm
I am Educational (http://maxmagnusnorman.com/artist_blog/art_day_188.shtml), Educational for you!

Mostly I am amused by the idea of sneaking up on a moose.  Those fuckers are big.
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: FlipConstantine on August 07, 2006, 03:33:33 pm
They have large blind spots, I would imagine.  Also, that's a really good idea.  Nature could certainly use some help on the aesthetic front from time to time, and meese are certainly a prime example.
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: misterqueue on August 07, 2006, 03:37:05 pm
Really I just want to paint some kind of "KillaMoose 412 Represent!" on a bunch of them.

Like a ghetto moose gang...  maybe then release them in New York.  I am basically the worst performance artist ever.
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: jough on August 07, 2006, 03:41:51 pm
Man, this thread had me reaching for the "delete" button before I realised that this wasn't an email.
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: wombat on August 07, 2006, 04:25:26 pm
They have large blind spots, I would imagine. 

Actually, my understanding is that all these hoofstock prey animals can pretty much see all around the sides to the back of them, because of the way their eyes are set on the sides of their heads. There is a diagram here (http://www.earthlife.net/mammals/vision.html) for example (scroll down a bit.).
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: FlipConstantine on August 07, 2006, 04:29:07 pm
Actually, my understanding is that all these hoofstock prey animals can pretty much see all around the sides to the back of them, because of the way their eyes are set on the sides of their heads. There is a diagram here (http://www.earthlife.net/mammals/vision.html) for example (scroll down a bit.).


And they said that we shouldn't be about education.  I learn something every day.
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: Lister on August 08, 2006, 12:40:34 am
The reason mules are used as pack animals for treacherous trails (example: the Grand Canyon) is because they are able to see all four of their feet and thus make fewer missteps than hosss.

a møøse ønce bït my sïster...
Title: Re: How to Paint a Moose
Post by: misterqueue on August 08, 2006, 12:51:22 am
The People Responsible for Lister's comment have been sacked.