The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on August 09, 2006, 08:47:08 am

Title: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: ananke on August 09, 2006, 08:47:08 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08092006

This one had me rolling from start to finish. I dread some sort of upcoming Pat/Nice Pete gay thing, though. What a couple. Although maybe after Pat turns 26 he will begin to agree that it is ok for a man to give another man kisses.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: misterqueue on August 09, 2006, 10:27:49 am
Oh this was treasure.  From Pat's sudden admission that this was hand raising day (and Nice Pete's petulant fulfillment thereof), to Ray and Simon's witty phone banter it was all perfect.

Ray's coffee machine has a shift key.  Why doesn't mine have a shift key?  I don't even drink coffee all that much and I want a shift key on it.  Dammit.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Drygioni on August 09, 2006, 11:26:40 am
Heh, this was awesome. We need more glimpses into Pat/Nice Pete's home life. I don't ever giggle in sheer delight, but if I did this strip is surely a prime candidate in eliciting that reaction from me. Nice Pete is so deliciously petulant.

I figured Ray would be more into a coffee machine with a full keyboard. Then all you have to do is type out what you want.

HELLO. HOW ARE YOU? WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TODAY?
Latte mocha
YES SIR.
ENJOY YOUR COFFEE! ANOTHER?
The best coffee
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.
What's the best coffee you got
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.
-beep-
GOODBYE.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Doc on August 09, 2006, 11:31:38 am
This one was glorious, but I do hope we don't end up with a Pete/Pat love in.

ALSO: I like the way Pat phrases the raising your hand day thing, there's nothing he can do about it THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS.

ALSO ALSO: All Pat's sentences end in exclamation marks! Except those that end with question marks I guess?
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 12:14:21 pm
This one was glorious, but I do hope we don't end up with a Pete/Pat love in.

The shall invite Chucklebot over and install the cuisinart attachments for a three-man (cat? *****?) version of Erotic No Exit.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: robot_god on August 09, 2006, 12:39:02 pm
Strip of Da Year Award
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Hobot on August 09, 2006, 12:44:15 pm
A "complicated power dynamic," indeed!  It makes me think that Nice Pete is the, er, taker in a Maximum Cuddles situation, which is not what I would have imagined beforehand.

"Pete, my hands are all sopping wet!"
[Nice Pete raises his hand]
[impatiently] "Yes, Pete?!"
"I will answer the phone, sir."
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: misterqueue on August 09, 2006, 12:46:56 pm
A "complicated power dynamic," indeed!  It makes me think that Nice Pete is the, er, taker in a Maximum Cuddles situation

I believe you mean he catches... or alternately, is a bottom. 

I don't know why I'm correcting you on this matter, possibly because "taker" is far too vivid for one little word?  I dunno.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: CortJstr on August 09, 2006, 12:53:49 pm
Huh. Pat handwashes his dishes. Probably because dishwashers are hell of non-eco-friendly. And doesn't he know that he balloon cheeks are just going to cause crazy drag and slow him down? Silly cat.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Hobot on August 09, 2006, 12:54:34 pm
I believe you mean he catches... or alternately, is a bottom. 

I don't know why I'm correcting you on this matter, possibly because "taker" is far too vivid for one little word?  I dunno.

I've always preferred "taker" because it is so vivid.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 12:55:45 pm
It makes me think that Nice Pete is the, er, taker in a Maximum Cuddles situation, which is not what I would have imagined beforehand.

Many seemingly aggressive, dominant people top from the bottom in Fruity Situations. Point in case:

(http://www.b0g.org/wsnm/uploads/NNNOOOOOOOOO.jpg)
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Roger on August 09, 2006, 01:13:11 pm
"Who calls anybody anymore?" That's perfect. Pat's misanthropism (is that the right fancy word for Being a Dick?) has reached unseen levels.
And "BA-DUMP BUMP! Rim shot! Heyo!"… Why isn't that the thread title?
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Drygioni on August 09, 2006, 01:20:06 pm
I hope this doesn't turn out to be true. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2884.msg68022.html#msg68022)

Or do I?
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 01:39:04 pm
I hope this doesn't turn out to be true. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2884.msg68022.html#msg68022)

Or do I?
You try too hard to be funny and therefore I took a can away from you.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Drygioni on August 09, 2006, 02:03:41 pm
You try too hard to be funny and therefore I took a can away from you.


Sorry, Bobby. I do try not to be a crap dude.

You get a can for honesty.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: misterqueue on August 09, 2006, 02:05:38 pm
Aw Bobby lay off the kid eh?  You don't listen to him none Judy.  Get yerself a licorice whip!  *tosses nickel at Judy and then sits back with a paper, cigar, and maybe a fedora.*
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 03:01:03 pm
I took one away from Bobby and gave it to Judy because Bobby was being a can bully.

DON'T BE A CAN BULLY
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 03:02:49 pm
I took one away from Bobby and gave it to Judy because Bobby was being a can bully.

DON'T BE A CAN BULLY

You get a can for your excellent use of irony.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: mkilly on August 09, 2006, 03:35:11 pm
I love how we start in medias res, not knowing what prompted the day, nor what prompted Pat's reiteration of its terms. AAAAAA+++++++++++++ would read again
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: wombat on August 09, 2006, 04:12:51 pm
Raising Your Hand Day is a good idea.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: theinevitable on August 09, 2006, 05:27:33 pm
i enjoyed this strip a good amount.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: dejavroom on August 09, 2006, 05:38:29 pm
Look Pat running in those small shoes!

On a related note, 'tis very dangerous to open your mouth when you happen to be running like a mugglefucker. You could burst, like this one hoss my uncle had.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: V-Adore on August 09, 2006, 09:32:53 pm
This strip is just gold. Even if we refrain from speculating on a Maximum Cuddles dynamic, which I would prefer to, Nice Pete and Pat have an impressively fucked-up domestic situation; I remain impressed that somehow Pat hasn't been killed yet. (I guess Nice Pete respects his deep, seething inner rage?) Simon is also a classier character than I'd anticipated from the kazoo and "Dreamwheel and the Child" preamble. This could get interesting, fast.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: theinevitable on August 10, 2006, 05:24:19 am
it's better to give than to recieve.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: xzqx on August 10, 2006, 01:33:18 pm
Um, it bugs me that this bugs me so much but did anyone notice that the caller ID unit says "father"? I'm assuming it's just one of those old-school things you hook up to your phone line. You can't program those. So how does it know that this dude is his father?

Sorry for being so annoying. Someone kill me.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: misterqueue on August 10, 2006, 01:39:30 pm
Someone kill me.

Sure Thing!  I will b-


Oh.. you were being facetious?  Oh.


In all seriousness, I suspect that only Pat would find one that is programmable "I should be able to choose how I people are represented on my telephone!  I am paying for the service after all!" and also a bit outdated "These modern caller ID's are far too flashy!  While it makes sense to own such a device because one must be able to root out the idiots constantly calling (and have evidence for future legal battles), most of them have a ridiculous number of functions now that NOBODY needs!"

It seems Pat and thus it must be; long live jambi.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: Undertoad on August 11, 2006, 02:51:30 pm
Nitpick: the caller-id system would never say "FAthEr" because the caller-id system is not smart enough to recognize the relationship between caller and callee.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: CortJstr on August 11, 2006, 03:20:14 pm
Nitpick: the caller-id system would never say "FAthEr" because the caller-id system is not smart enough to recognize the relationship between caller and callee.


Unless it's programable. My cell phone displays "Mom" when she calls because that who I told it belongs to the number.
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: misterqueue on August 11, 2006, 03:24:34 pm
Quote from: misterqueue
In all seriousness, I suspect that only Pat would find one that is programmable

(http://www.misterqueue.com/talked.gif)
Title: Re: 9th August, 2006 -- YOU CAN'T JUST TALK! TODAY IS A RAISING YOUR HAND DAY!
Post by: theinevitable on August 11, 2006, 03:59:02 pm
Pat's caller ID only displays two names-- FathEr, and aSSholE.