The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 03:04:07 pm

Title: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 03:04:07 pm
What do you get when you combine that asinine New-Age "Indigo" phenomenon with B-List celebrity inanity attention-seeking?

Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Moms" community portal! (http://www.indigomoms.com/index2.html)

Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: side_show on August 09, 2006, 03:14:04 pm
Quote
Jenny has a 4-year-old son, Evan, who is a Crystal child.

Wha?  Like if you drop Evan he'll shatter into a million sharp little pieces? 
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: CortJstr on August 09, 2006, 03:15:41 pm
What do you get when you combine that asinine New-Age "Indigo" phenomenon with B-List celebrity inanity attention-seeking?

Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Moms" community portal! (http://www.indigomoms.com/index2.html)

The what phenomenon?
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 03:36:56 pm
Would you like to learn how to protect yourself and your children from negative energy?

Are you interested in having pure, positive quantum waves of energy directed to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, deflecting any negative vibrations? Check out this amazing new service: Quantum Prayer Wheel!

How does Astrology correlate to the Indigo phenomenon?

The new weekly column is Ask the Angels with Nicole Pigeault, Angel Therapy Practitioner. With an open heart, Nicole receives and communicates guidance from your angels to you!

Wondering about the various characteristics of Indigo and Crystal children?

----------------------


Jesus Bartholemew Christ.  I wasn't even being choosy about the ridiculous things I grabbed and pasted here.  Quantum waterfalls?  You mean like sub-atomic waterfalls?  How would that even work?  It wouldn't be water anymore...

Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 03:42:08 pm
Quote
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE AN INDIGO CHILD?

These children are special in that they are the new leaders of the future. These children are born after 1980.

Fuck!  I guess I can't be an indiglo child, then.  Damn it!

Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 03:58:29 pm
This sums up the Indigo Child phenomenon perfectly for me:

Quote from: Jenny McCarthy
The day I found out I was an adult Indigo will stay with me forever. I was walking hand in hand with my son down a Los Angeles street when this women approached me and said, “You’re an Indigo and your son is a Crystal.” I immediately replied, “Yes!” and the woman smiled at me and walked away. I stood there for a moment, because I had no idea what the heck an Indigo and Crystal was, but I seemed so sure of it when I had blurted out “Yes!”
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 03:59:38 pm
Fuck!  I guess I can't be an indiglo child, then.  Damn it!



Yeah, you just have Developmental and Behavioral Problems, just like all the other kids who acted Crystal or Indigo before they decided Crystal or Indigo was a nicer way of saying "Developmental and Behavioral Problems."
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 04:00:26 pm
The what phenomenon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

I daren't quote from it. Seriously, Cock Rub Warriors was less offensive to my sensibilities.

Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: misterqueue on August 09, 2006, 04:06:41 pm
People who are uncomfortable with uncertainty will fill it with any number of silly things.  This is one in a long line of absurdities.

I mean this is no more offensively ludicrous to me than angels or scientology or being an augur.  (Well I guess in the last bit you're killing something for no rational reason.)  Just because a "celebrity" is attached to it doesn't mean I get any more irritated by it than any other.

I mean we are talking about Jenny McCarthy anyway right?  The woman who used to appear in Candies ads on the toilet and make "funny" faces on cameras in an effort to be "wacky"?  Yeah... NEXT!
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 04:11:42 pm
This pisses me off far less than Christian Science though, which is neither Christian nor Science and is basically a religious allowance for child abuse.

The Indiglo kids aren't really being abused except that their lives are filled with bullshit ideas, which of course is harmful too.

"You can't fire me!  I'm a former Indiglo Child!"
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 04:20:28 pm
Quote from: Indigo Moms Forum Question
Q: I have an 8-year-old Indigo daughter.  She cannot grasp the concept of time, space, dates, months, math, etc.  Is this typical for Indigos?  If so, why?

"Indigo" children, so called because of the blue-purple hue of their EXTRA CHROMOSOME.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Drygioni on August 09, 2006, 04:23:36 pm
Christ. Select pointers from the Wiki article's 'characteristics' list:

# They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it). (Read: Act spoilt and wish to be waited on hand and foot)
# They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that. (Read: Feel like they own the place)
# They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them. (Read: Impatient)
# They are not shy in letting it be known what they need. (Read: Demanding)
# Refuse to follow orders or directions. (Read: Disobedient and selgiraffe)
# Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks. (Read: Low attention span)

These seem to be just bratty kids who have a Mommy that can't believe their little darling has been raised the wrong way. Obviously, the child is just misunderstood and special. "Why is my child acting like a spoilt brat? He's an Indigo child, in case you didn't know!"

In the cases when the child has mental problems, this is very sad. It basically seems a way for an ashamed parent to avoid the doctors and explain their child's odd or different behaviour as a sympton of them being 'better' than other children. The worst way to help a child with Behaviour or Development problems is to ignore those problems and pass them off as the child being 'an Indigo kid'.

Christ.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 04:26:06 pm

# They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it). (Read: Act spoilt and wish to be waited on hand and foot)
# They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that. (Read: Feel like they own the place)
# They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them. (Read: Impatient)
# They are not shy in letting it be known what they need. (Read: Demanding)
# Refuse to follow orders or directions. (Read: Disobedient and selgiraffe)
# Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks. (Read: Low attention span)


Sounds like MisterQueue to me.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: misterqueue on August 09, 2006, 04:28:05 pm
Sounds like MisterQueue to me.

You can't talk to me that way!  I'm a Violet child!
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: CortJstr on August 09, 2006, 04:44:11 pm
You can't talk to me that way!  I'm a Violent fuck!

Fixed that for you.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 09, 2006, 04:49:07 pm
Fixed that for you.

Violet Sonya, the caring, empathic barbarian with insights into the coming age of human evolution.

Featuring Thulsa Doom as that oh-so-square school principal with NO IDEA, man. None whatsoever.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Ben-San on August 09, 2006, 06:39:39 pm
So that's why Indigo Prophecy was named that!

God, what a shitty video game that was. I hated that game. It had so much potential and then blew it all out its ass.

Is this symbolic of the entire Indigo Child concept? Perhaps!
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: theinevitable on August 09, 2006, 06:57:47 pm
quite frankly, I'm afraid to click the link, now that I've read the snippets posted here.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: jough on August 09, 2006, 09:55:02 pm
Yeah, I figured someone would catch that.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Doc on August 09, 2006, 10:32:00 pm
I totally came in here expecting to read about how the indigo girls were pregnant together or something.
I don't even really know who the indigo girls are.

Believing your child is special because they act like a douche is nothing new, but future leaders of the world may be pushing it. Then again, the squeaky wheel gets the oil I guess. Just all the other wheels hate  it and wish it would just OD on heroin or something.

And Indigo Prophecy  was a fine game (admittedly with a pretty dumb ending) but the first two thirds were lots of fun for me.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: smick on August 10, 2006, 05:21:38 am
Being born in the 70's, I was an Infrared Child.  My presence was felt, but largely ignored.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Ben-San on August 10, 2006, 06:26:38 am
And Indigo Prophecy  was a fine game (admittedly with a pretty dumb ending) but the first two thirds were lots of fun for me.

Pretty much everyone told me how great Indigo Prophecy was and how much I would love it because I liked the old point-and-click adventure games. Then I got to the part where you wake up in your apartment, and I saw an indistinguishable blob on the floor. When I walked over to it, an icon I had no idea how to interpret appeared. I activated the icon and found that I was holding a bloody rag and the game would not let me put it down or even shove it in my pocket as a cop appeared and knocked at the door. I dunno, maybe I would've put up with that in an old point-and-click game after all but it was just the dumbest, least enjoyable aspect of those games and it was writ large right up front.
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: kellichou on August 12, 2006, 11:59:10 pm
Yeah, you just have Developmental and Behavioral Problems, just like all the other kids who acted Crystal or Indigo before they decided Crystal or Indigo was a nicer way of saying "Developmental and Behavioral Problems."


I agree COMPLETELY.  In some of my education (teacher ed graduate level) courses, there was a tiny bit of crap about Indigo Children.  My first thought?  "Oh, another name for the Ferris-Bueller's-Day-Off-'what a little asshole!' sort of kid"  (you know, when the hilarious main office secretary sighs after dealing with Jeannie, and says, "What a little asshole"?
Title: Re: Indigo Moms
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 14, 2006, 03:59:47 pm
I agree COMPLETELY.  In some of my education (teacher ed graduate level) courses, there was a tiny bit of crap about Indigo Children.  My first thought?  "Oh, another name for the Ferris-Bueller's-Day-Off-'what a little asshole!' sort of kid"  (you know, when the hilarious main office secretary sighs after dealing with Jeannie, and says, "What a little asshole"?

The apple didn't fall far from the tree in the case of the McCarthy spawn.