Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Indigo Moms  (Read 4922 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Indigo Moms
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »

What do you get when you combine that asinine New-Age "Indigo" phenomenon with B-List celebrity inanity attention-seeking?

Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Moms" community portal!

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 03:14:04 pm »

Quote
Jenny has a 4-year-old son, Evan, who is a Crystal child.

Wha?  Like if you drop Evan he'll shatter into a million sharp little pieces? 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 03:15:41 pm »

What do you get when you combine that asinine New-Age "Indigo" phenomenon with B-List celebrity inanity attention-seeking?

Jenny McCarthy's "Indigo Moms" community portal!

The what phenomenon?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 03:36:56 pm »

Would you like to learn how to protect yourself and your children from negative energy?

Are you interested in having pure, positive quantum waves of energy directed to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, deflecting any negative vibrations? Check out this amazing new service: Quantum Prayer Wheel!

How does Astrology correlate to the Indigo phenomenon?

The new weekly column is Ask the Angels with Nicole Pigeault, Angel Therapy Practitioner. With an open heart, Nicole receives and communicates guidance from your angels to you!

Wondering about the various characteristics of Indigo and Crystal children?

----------------------


Jesus Bartholemew Christ.  I wasn't even being choosy about the ridiculous things I grabbed and pasted here.  Quantum waterfalls?  You mean like sub-atomic waterfalls?  How would that even work?  It wouldn't be water anymore...

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 03:42:08 pm »

Quote
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE AN INDIGO CHILD?

These children are special in that they are the new leaders of the future. These children are born after 1980.

Fuck!  I guess I can't be an indiglo child, then.  Damn it!

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 03:58:29 pm »

This sums up the Indigo Child phenomenon perfectly for me:

Quote from: Jenny McCarthy
The day I found out I was an adult Indigo will stay with me forever. I was walking hand in hand with my son down a Los Angeles street when this women approached me and said, “You’re an Indigo and your son is a Crystal.” I immediately replied, “Yes!” and the woman smiled at me and walked away. I stood there for a moment, because I had no idea what the heck an Indigo and Crystal was, but I seemed so sure of it when I had blurted out “Yes!”
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 03:59:38 pm »

Fuck!  I guess I can't be an indiglo child, then.  Damn it!



Yeah, you just have Developmental and Behavioral Problems, just like all the other kids who acted Crystal or Indigo before they decided Crystal or Indigo was a nicer way of saying "Developmental and Behavioral Problems."
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 04:00:26 pm »

The what phenomenon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

I daren't quote from it. Seriously, Cock Rub Warriors was less offensive to my sensibilities.

Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 04:06:41 pm »

People who are uncomfortable with uncertainty will fill it with any number of silly things.  This is one in a long line of absurdities.

I mean this is no more offensively ludicrous to me than angels or scientology or being an augur.  (Well I guess in the last bit you're killing something for no rational reason.)  Just because a "celebrity" is attached to it doesn't mean I get any more irritated by it than any other.

I mean we are talking about Jenny McCarthy anyway right?  The woman who used to appear in Candies ads on the toilet and make "funny" faces on cameras in an effort to be "wacky"?  Yeah... NEXT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 04:11:42 pm »

This pisses me off far less than Christian Science though, which is neither Christian nor Science and is basically a religious allowance for child abuse.

The Indiglo kids aren't really being abused except that their lives are filled with bullshit ideas, which of course is harmful too.

"You can't fire me!  I'm a former Indiglo Child!"

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 04:20:28 pm »

Quote from: Indigo Moms Forum Question
Q: I have an 8-year-old Indigo daughter.  She cannot grasp the concept of time, space, dates, months, math, etc.  Is this typical for Indigos?  If so, why?

"Indigo" children, so called because of the blue-purple hue of their EXTRA CHROMOSOME.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 04:23:36 pm »

Christ. Select pointers from the Wiki article's 'characteristics' list:

# They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it). (Read: Act spoilt and wish to be waited on hand and foot)
# They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that. (Read: Feel like they own the place)
# They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them. (Read: Impatient)
# They are not shy in letting it be known what they need. (Read: Demanding)
# Refuse to follow orders or directions. (Read: Disobedient and selgiraffe)
# Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks. (Read: Low attention span)

These seem to be just bratty kids who have a Mommy that can't believe their little darling has been raised the wrong way. Obviously, the child is just misunderstood and special. "Why is my child acting like a spoilt brat? He's an Indigo child, in case you didn't know!"

In the cases when the child has mental problems, this is very sad. It basically seems a way for an ashamed parent to avoid the doctors and explain their child's odd or different behaviour as a sympton of them being 'better' than other children. The worst way to help a child with Behaviour or Development problems is to ignore those problems and pass them off as the child being 'an Indigo kid'.

Christ.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 04:26:06 pm »


# They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it). (Read: Act spoilt and wish to be waited on hand and foot)
# They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others do not share that. (Read: Feel like they own the place)
# They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them. (Read: Impatient)
# They are not shy in letting it be known what they need. (Read: Demanding)
# Refuse to follow orders or directions. (Read: Disobedient and selgiraffe)
# Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks. (Read: Low attention span)


Sounds like MisterQueue to me.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 04:28:05 pm »

Sounds like MisterQueue to me.

You can't talk to me that way!  I'm a Violet child!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Indigo Moms
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 04:44:11 pm »

You can't talk to me that way!  I'm a Violent fuck!

Fixed that for you.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up