The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Ben-San on August 11, 2006, 08:20:38 pm

Title: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Ben-San on August 11, 2006, 08:20:38 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08112006

I thought Pat refused to wear a tie, as indicated in one of Ray's blogs about throwing a black-tie party. Maybe he only wears it when he thinks someone has died?
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: elfbabe on August 11, 2006, 08:22:32 pm
Yes! I was just going to post using that title.

Bringing the magical Mexican camera back in at this stage seems like kind of a stretch...
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Fooker on August 11, 2006, 08:22:39 pm
Why is that I mentally filled in a "You're the man now, dog!" after Simon's "Yes, yes!"
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2006, 08:25:06 pm
You got the thread title correct. 

If gay pornography has power over Pat he must be gay, right?
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: CortJstr on August 11, 2006, 08:31:26 pm
It shows you as you wish you were? Is Simon phrasing that wrong on purpose or by accident. Because I don't think Beef wants to look like his picture. I thought it showed you how you see yourself.

As if Pat wearing a tie with a short-sleeved shirt wasn't hot enough we also get two, count them two, pictures of his wang today. SEXY!

Edit: how in the world is Pat employable? Oh, wait that's right. He's everybody's supervisor.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Hobot on August 11, 2006, 08:58:45 pm
The second photo of Pat wielding sausages (which is not, in this case, a euphemism for an act of male homosexuality; not yet, at least) is even better than the first.  And "virtually unemployable" is a wonderful non sequitur.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: mrchee on August 11, 2006, 10:24:20 pm
I am livid with disappointment, if that is possible

This is so the easy way out for Pat (no pun intended)
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: V-Adore on August 11, 2006, 10:37:38 pm
I dunno, I can see Beef wishing he were more abjectly pitiful than he is. It would vindicate his depression quite a bit.

Anyway, is anyone else getting the feeling that this entire storyline has been the result of whoever e-mailed him and demanded to see Pat's furious ding-dong in the strip? This all reads a bit to me like Onstad saying "ha ha! You want Pat dong? YOU'RE GONNA BE SOAKING IN IT!!"
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: robot_god on August 11, 2006, 10:51:28 pm
"You don't know the Power of gay pornography - I do."  -???
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Lister on August 11, 2006, 11:11:50 pm
Gay anything has extra special powers.

Agendas are boring and mostly ignored, but the gay agenda is watched carefully and feared.  This is but one example.

Ray is the junior high student sitting outside the principal's office, more concerned with what is going on inside than what will happen to him.  He has a refreshing beverage with him.  Thrill as I describe the comic which you have already seen!

Also, Pat has had some heavy things laid on him, but once he steps outside that door he'll start feeling better.  He'll remember that he doesn't believe all this fate crap.  He'll remember that today is a day where you have to raise your hand if you want to talk.

I'm rather tired, so this is probably a post that only amuses me.  But you are stuck with it, internets.

P.S.: XOXOXO
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: misterqueue on August 11, 2006, 11:47:35 pm
Man I'm glad I took a quick nap before this strip rather than after.  I do not need to dream of anything involving catwang.  Seriously.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2006, 12:23:19 am
Onstad saying "ha ha! You want Pat dong? YOU'RE GONNA BE SOAKING IN IT!!"

Ew.

Just...ew
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2006, 12:24:55 am
Ew.

Just...ew

My reaction exactly, my old-strip-finding friend.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: mrdna1 on August 12, 2006, 01:29:23 am
I have to say, I'm enjoying this arc quite a bit. The little details are really what make it, like Ray just chilling outside the office with a Big Gulp, face going from worry to happiness as Pat starts to understand his history.

And Pat looks so much different when he's not making his usual angry face ... it's a little offsetting, to be honest.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 01:36:02 am
I like to see the poses from Ray in Berlin. Drinking sodas and spending all your Euros. The Cat Cack is a little too much, but whatever, Pat's an asshole and that's how he likes it. 

However, seeing Pat's moment of honesty is disconcerting. my mind simply cannot conceive of a world where Pat is Nice. I bet that he will have a drunken fling with Nice Pete and will end up buried alive by Pete, flung into Davy Jones' locker, limp body stuffed into the back of Pete's van, &c. Then maybe we will get an interesting dynamic shot of Pat in heaven/hell.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: CortJstr on August 12, 2006, 01:45:26 am
I like to see the poses from Ray in Berlin. Drinking sodas and spending all your Euros. The Cat Cack is a little too much, but whatever, Pat's an asshole and that's how he likes it. 

However, seeing Pat's moment of honesty is disconcerting. my mind simply cannot conceive of a world where Pat is Nice. I bet that he will have a drunken fling with Nice Pete and will end up buried alive by Pete, flung into Davy Jones' locker, limp body stuffed into the back of Pete's van, &c. Then maybe we will get an interesting dynamic shot of Pat in heaven/hell.

Well penile-electrocution made Pat nice. Maybe his meaness really does have something to do with his wang.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2006, 03:09:01 am
Yeah, I've been wondering about this too.  Pat has been nice before.  Ultra-nice as opposed to ultra-jerk.  Setting aside the possibilities of a phallo-centric mechanism for these personalities, what's left for Pat if his awakening to his new sexual identity does result in significant character changes?

Pat is an extreme character.  Usually he's an extreme ass.  When he was nice, he was X-nice.  Pat doesn't do things halfway.  He takes things to their logical, if obnoxious, extremes.  Will self-realization remove this trait?  What is it they say: "the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference."  Will Pat go from being an extremist to a non-descript, indifferent character?  And what fun would Pat be then?

I could be overthinking. 
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: misterqueue on August 12, 2006, 03:56:28 am
Well judging from this angle (and maybe from the photos), Pat would be ridiculously flaming gay maybe?  So gay that he makes the very concept of gayness itself sort of tiny and insignificant.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: jough on August 12, 2006, 04:09:30 am
I'm just waiting for when the George Michael arc crashes into this one.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2006, 04:13:31 am
I'm just waiting for when the George Michael arc crashes into this one.

Pat and George Michael meet, commence with the Maximum Cuddles, and then are murdered by a jealous Nice Pete?

I'd read it. And buy the shirt.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: theinevitable on August 12, 2006, 04:27:32 am
"what'cha reading there, sarah?"
"oh, it's called "The Gay Agenda..." it's about how to turn all of your hot friends into lesbians."
"oh my god, are you serious? I don't want to be gay!"

that was the greatest moment of my life, and I wasn't even there. Hearing that story made me happier on a high level.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 04:52:39 am
Pat and George Michael meet, commence with the Maximum Cuddles, and then are murdered by a jealous Nice Pete?

I'd read it. And buy the shirt.

Holy shit, v, it's like you were reading my secret fantasy dream book. You rule.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Doc on August 12, 2006, 11:36:58 am
I've always been a big fan of the maxim 'The best characters don't need no stinking development' so if this has lasting changes on Pat I'm not sure how I'd feel.
I'm all for it being Lie-bot.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: jough on August 12, 2006, 05:07:59 pm
I thought Pat refused to wear a tie, as indicated in one of Ray's blogs about throwing a black-tie party. Maybe he only wears it when he thinks someone has died?

Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Hobot on August 12, 2006, 05:16:27 pm
Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.

That's the only alt-text I've seen; what was it before?
Title: Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
Post by: Ben-San on August 12, 2006, 05:52:36 pm
Onstad has altered the alt-text to answer your question: that's a will-readin' tie.

This was the alt-text at the time I read it, or very nearly so. Hence my statement about his thinking someone had died.