Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography  (Read 5206 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:20:38 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08112006

I thought Pat refused to wear a tie, as indicated in one of Ray's blogs about throwing a black-tie party. Maybe he only wears it when he thinks someone has died?
Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:22:32 pm »

Yes! I was just going to post using that title.

Bringing the magical Mexican camera back in at this stage seems like kind of a stretch...
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 08:22:39 pm »

Why is that I mentally filled in a "You're the man now, dog!" after Simon's "Yes, yes!"
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:06 pm »

You got the thread title correct. 

If gay pornography has power over Pat he must be gay, right?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:31:26 pm »

It shows you as you wish you were? Is Simon phrasing that wrong on purpose or by accident. Because I don't think Beef wants to look like his picture. I thought it showed you how you see yourself.

As if Pat wearing a tie with a short-sleeved shirt wasn't hot enough we also get two, count them two, pictures of his wang today. SEXY!

Edit: how in the world is Pat employable? Oh, wait that's right. He's everybody's supervisor.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 08:58:45 pm »

The second photo of Pat wielding sausages (which is not, in this case, a euphemism for an act of male homosexuality; not yet, at least) is even better than the first.  And "virtually unemployable" is a wonderful non sequitur.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:24:20 pm »

I am livid with disappointment, if that is possible

This is so the easy way out for Pat (no pun intended)
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 10:37:38 pm »

I dunno, I can see Beef wishing he were more abjectly pitiful than he is. It would vindicate his depression quite a bit.

Anyway, is anyone else getting the feeling that this entire storyline has been the result of whoever e-mailed him and demanded to see Pat's furious ding-dong in the strip? This all reads a bit to me like Onstad saying "ha ha! You want Pat dong? YOU'RE GONNA BE SOAKING IN IT!!"
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 10:51:28 pm »

"You don't know the Power of gay pornography - I do."  -???
Logged
ACHIEVE

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 11:11:50 pm »

Gay anything has extra special powers.

Agendas are boring and mostly ignored, but the gay agenda is watched carefully and feared.  This is but one example.

Ray is the junior high student sitting outside the principal's office, more concerned with what is going on inside than what will happen to him.  He has a refreshing beverage with him.  Thrill as I describe the comic which you have already seen!

Also, Pat has had some heavy things laid on him, but once he steps outside that door he'll start feeling better.  He'll remember that he doesn't believe all this fate crap.  He'll remember that today is a day where you have to raise your hand if you want to talk.

I'm rather tired, so this is probably a post that only amuses me.  But you are stuck with it, internets.

P.S.: XOXOXO
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 11:47:35 pm »

Man I'm glad I took a quick nap before this strip rather than after.  I do not need to dream of anything involving catwang.  Seriously.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 12:23:19 am »

Onstad saying "ha ha! You want Pat dong? YOU'RE GONNA BE SOAKING IN IT!!"

Ew.

Just...ew
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 12:24:55 am »

Ew.

Just...ew

My reaction exactly, my old-strip-finding friend.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 01:29:23 am »

I have to say, I'm enjoying this arc quite a bit. The little details are really what make it, like Ray just chilling outside the office with a Big Gulp, face going from worry to happiness as Pat starts to understand his history.

And Pat looks so much different when he's not making his usual angry face ... it's a little offsetting, to be honest.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 11 2006 - I know the power of gay pornography
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006, 01:36:02 am »

I like to see the poses from Ray in Berlin. Drinking sodas and spending all your Euros. The Cat Cack is a little too much, but whatever, Pat's an asshole and that's how he likes it. 

However, seeing Pat's moment of honesty is disconcerting. my mind simply cannot conceive of a world where Pat is Nice. I bet that he will have a drunken fling with Nice Pete and will end up buried alive by Pete, flung into Davy Jones' locker, limp body stuffed into the back of Pete's van, &c. Then maybe we will get an interesting dynamic shot of Pat in heaven/hell.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up