The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 11, 2006, 08:26:56 pm

Title: What would...
Post by: AugustWest on August 11, 2006, 08:26:56 pm
A picture of you taken with the Mexican Magical Realism Camera look like?
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: slink on August 11, 2006, 08:36:21 pm
I think I found out the other day. A photo of me going swimming was taken, and OK, I was cold, but, god, I looked about twice as skinny (half?) as I am!
The wedding photos weren't all much better, but the ones at Huron were atrocious.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: V-Adore on August 11, 2006, 10:47:19 pm
I'm not sure, but I would definitely be holding a rat.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: misterqueue on August 11, 2006, 11:44:47 pm
I would be very very hard to spot, so very small.  I tend to try and shrink my presence as much as possible in any public situation, unfortunately this rarely works.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: wombat on August 12, 2006, 12:25:41 am
I'm not sure, but I would definitely be holding a rat.

I'm more afraid I would look like a rat.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 01:56:01 am
Half of me would look like Winona Ryder, and the other half would look like Jack Black.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2006, 02:35:29 am
Half of me would look like Winona Ryder, and the other half would look like Jack Black.

Which half is the top and which is the bottom? Or is this a Two-Face-style thing?
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 02:42:42 am
Which half is the top and which is the bottom? Or is this a Two-Face-style thing?

Gosh, I don't know. Does anybody feel like photoshopping my Magical Mexican Camera pictures with Winona and Jack?

This is my lame, two-second job (http://static.flickr.com/86/212910207_c8f6649931.jpg?v=0) showing Jack's head on Win's body.

These are my three favorite pictures of Jack Black:  One (http://static.flickr.com/59/212910209_de28e51304.jpg?v=0/), Two (http://static.flickr.com/72/212910212_a93350805c.jpg?v=0), Three (http://static.flickr.com/65/212910867_4ff46c205f.jpg?v=0).

And my three favorite pictures of Winona: One (http://static.flickr.com/96/212911657_6b223e04f4.jpg?v=0), Two (http://static.flickr.com/72/212911656_f218b48b31.jpg?v=0), Three (http://static.flickr.com/60/212911655_1d0795d713.jpg?v=0).

If anyone has time to show me some PS pointers, I'd appreciate it. Then again, you can't polish a turd, so I doubt the lessons would even take.  I'm'a gonna go have a beer now. My reward beer.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 12, 2006, 05:51:28 am
So, the function of the magical realism camera seems to have shifted from showing how the subject sees themselves to showing how the subject wishes they were. Which is this?
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: AugustWest on August 12, 2006, 06:38:02 am
I wish I knew how the Mexican Magic Realism Camera would show me. 

I don't care whether it showed how I really am or how I wish I was or What my Maiden Name is.

Whatever insight it provided would be most welcome.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 12, 2006, 08:15:25 am
I wish I knew how the Mexican Magic Realism Camera would show me. 

I don't care whether it showed how I really am or how I wish I was or What my Maiden Name is.

Whatever insight it provided would be most welcome.

Yes, yes.  It would be amazing.  I wish these cameras really existed.  It would be like taking acid, only less ambiguous and probably better for your body.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: Doc on August 12, 2006, 11:35:09 am
Well if we're going with how people see themselves then it would either be me looking all self concious and people yelling stuff i.e. the black shirt beef strip
OR
It would be me but 1000 feet tall, bestriding the world like a colosus as all the little people stared up in awe and incomprehension at me but if you looked really closely you could see it was just a ***** and the real me would be in a control room in the eyeball because it is all a sham.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: V-Adore on August 12, 2006, 09:08:39 pm
It would be me but 1000 feet tall, bestriding the world like a colosus as all the little people stared up in awe and incomprehension at me but if you looked really closely you could see it was just a ##### and the real me would be in a control room in the eyeball because it is all a sham.

Let's not lie: having a giant automaton version of yourself for world-bestriding purposes would be so, so rad.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: Turbo Ninja on August 15, 2006, 07:59:49 pm
My avatar is a picture of me taken by a camera that shows how I really am. 

If it showed how I thought of myself, I would have more hair and I'd be smoking a pipe.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: smick on August 15, 2006, 10:17:29 pm
Am I really William Shatner furiously jerking another man off?

... On some level, yes.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: V-Adore on August 15, 2006, 11:15:11 pm
I would like to think that my board avatar doesn't represent my inner being, because if so I am officially strongly troubled. I mean, who knew my inner googly eye smoked a robber-baron cigar?

(Of course, I'm also trying to keep from concluding that the diaspora of my tiny cans of Dr. Pepper represents some flaw in my soul. Maybe this board does have some Mexican magical realism problems, or maybe I'm just hell of melancholic.)
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: wombat on August 16, 2006, 02:30:20 am
My avatar does not at all represent my inner being, since Sloth is the sin that I am least good at.  I am working on it, but it doesn't come naturally.

Now I am wondering what my inner Googly Eye looks like.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: side_show on August 16, 2006, 03:04:40 pm
I am most definitly not a scared looking business cat.

See, it's hard to say... when I see actual photos of myself, I'm usually astonished by how unattractive I look.  In my mind, I am more attractive then I am in photos.  But there is also the aspect of me that is like an intensly shy book-read shut in, and the crazy loud, theatre party person.  So, I suppose I would be an extremely attractive librarian exhibitionist.  And I don't know what that looks like.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: slink on August 16, 2006, 03:06:07 pm
So, I suppose I would be an extremely attractive librarian exhibitionist.  And I don't know what that looks like.

I'm sure google would help you with that one...
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: theinevitable on August 16, 2006, 05:44:51 pm
yeah, um, my picture would kind of flash back and forth between being really handsome and ugly. that is all.

and either I'd be kind of a hobo, or I'd be fighting ladies off with a stick.

I'd either be playing a guitar skillfully, or holding a guitar and making ugly noises and the ladies were running away.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: slink on August 16, 2006, 07:54:15 pm
The alternative is I'd look like a zombie in a suit. Oh, I've got photos of that too...
I have realised that for an orthodox wedding I may not have been the ideal choice of best man. I have really bad retinal intolerance, (possibly because of) my pupils always being uber dilated. This just means that like a cat, it's nigh impossible to avoid red eye in photos of me, regardless of which direction I'm looking. There's one shot of me where one eye is bright red, the other black as night, and again, I'm looking off in another direction entirely.
This might just mean I'm some sort of demon?
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: PopeUrban on August 16, 2006, 09:37:34 pm
I'd probably be having sex with a female I'm only friends with.  Atleast, at this point in time that's probably what it would look like.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: robot_god on August 17, 2006, 12:54:17 am
I'd look exactly the same, except for a longer goatee and I'd also be winning a game of Russian Roulette with a dog.  In the background of the photograph would be a cigar store indian and a synthesizer.
Title: Re: What would...
Post by: side_show on August 17, 2006, 02:53:46 pm
wait, are you playing roulette with the dog, or is the dog just there with you?  And are we talking canine, or a derogatory term for unattractive female?