Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What would...  (Read 5616 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
What would...
« on: August 11, 2006, 08:26:56 pm »

A picture of you taken with the Mexican Magical Realism Camera look like?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What would...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 08:36:21 pm »

I think I found out the other day. A photo of me going swimming was taken, and OK, I was cold, but, god, I looked about twice as skinny (half?) as I am!
The wedding photos weren't all much better, but the ones at Huron were atrocious.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What would...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:47:19 pm »

I'm not sure, but I would definitely be holding a rat.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What would...
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:44:47 pm »

I would be very very hard to spot, so very small.  I tend to try and shrink my presence as much as possible in any public situation, unfortunately this rarely works.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:25:41 am »

I'm not sure, but I would definitely be holding a rat.

I'm more afraid I would look like a rat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 01:56:01 am »

Half of me would look like Winona Ryder, and the other half would look like Jack Black.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What would...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 02:35:29 am »

Half of me would look like Winona Ryder, and the other half would look like Jack Black.

Which half is the top and which is the bottom? Or is this a Two-Face-style thing?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 02:42:42 am »

Which half is the top and which is the bottom? Or is this a Two-Face-style thing?

Gosh, I don't know. Does anybody feel like photoshopping my Magical Mexican Camera pictures with Winona and Jack?

This is my lame, two-second job showing Jack's head on Win's body.

These are my three favorite pictures of Jack Black:  One, Two, Three.

And my three favorite pictures of Winona: One, Two, Three.

If anyone has time to show me some PS pointers, I'd appreciate it. Then again, you can't polish a turd, so I doubt the lessons would even take.  I'm'a gonna go have a beer now. My reward beer.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:26:24 am by linnea »
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 05:51:28 am »

So, the function of the magical realism camera seems to have shifted from showing how the subject sees themselves to showing how the subject wishes they were. Which is this?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 06:38:02 am »

I wish I knew how the Mexican Magic Realism Camera would show me. 

I don't care whether it showed how I really am or how I wish I was or What my Maiden Name is.

Whatever insight it provided would be most welcome.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 08:15:25 am »

I wish I knew how the Mexican Magic Realism Camera would show me. 

I don't care whether it showed how I really am or how I wish I was or What my Maiden Name is.

Whatever insight it provided would be most welcome.

Yes, yes.  It would be amazing.  I wish these cameras really existed.  It would be like taking acid, only less ambiguous and probably better for your body.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:15:32 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 11:35:09 am »

Well if we're going with how people see themselves then it would either be me looking all self concious and people yelling stuff i.e. the black shirt beef strip
OR
It would be me but 1000 feet tall, bestriding the world like a colosus as all the little people stared up in awe and incomprehension at me but if you looked really closely you could see it was just a ***** and the real me would be in a control room in the eyeball because it is all a sham.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What would...
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 09:08:39 pm »

It would be me but 1000 feet tall, bestriding the world like a colosus as all the little people stared up in awe and incomprehension at me but if you looked really closely you could see it was just a ##### and the real me would be in a control room in the eyeball because it is all a sham.

Let's not lie: having a giant automaton version of yourself for world-bestriding purposes would be so, so rad.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 07:59:49 pm »

My avatar is a picture of me taken by a camera that shows how I really am. 

If it showed how I thought of myself, I would have more hair and I'd be smoking a pipe.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What would...
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 10:17:29 pm »

Am I really William Shatner furiously jerking another man off?

... On some level, yes.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up