The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 04:48:42 am

Title: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: linnea on August 12, 2006, 04:48:42 am
I think it would be kind of fun to post a fun list of a category of 5 items that we can't live without. It is a top five list that is a window into your soul, or at least the most recent adverts to which you've been exposed. Discuss.

Five food items that I cannot live without:
1. Chocolate
2. Clif bars
3. Blueberries
4. Soy protein
5. Sushi (bonus points if you've gotten the giraffe yourself through subsistence)

Five things in general:
1. My girly cosmetics (unless camping)
2. Volunteering
3. Internets
4. Milan
5. Lennybruce

What's your top five?

edit: mods, I think I was originally going to make a music thread which is why my post ended up in A&E. Please move to wild card or whatevs if you think it should be moved.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: Choop on August 12, 2006, 05:02:29 am
5. Neighbor Jeff
4. My current billing rate
3. Beer
2. Camel Lights
1. The most amazing, most beautiful, most loving, kindest, smartest, funniest woman in the world, as my wife.

I'm a lucky motherfucker. (I even made up a lucky motherfucker dance.)

As far as food, I can't narrow it down.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: kellichou on August 12, 2006, 11:56:25 pm
Great topic, Linnea!  Here are my 5 general things I cannot live without, not necessarily in this order:

1.  Chap-stick
2.  BEER!
3.  Sorcha-Boo
4.  Sophie-cat
5.  My awesome boyfriend!

Although if 3 & 4 (the kitties) could be condensed into one category, the last item would be Yerba Mate.  I am an addict.  Also, nail lacquer.  I am an addict.  Mmmm, toluene & formaldehyde resin!  Delicious!

Food items I would not want to live without:

1.  BEER!
2.  Yogurt/kefir/cheese
3.  choccies (that is, chocolate)
4.  fruit (especially blueberries, I'm w/ Linnea on this one 100%)
5.  artichokes


Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: slink on August 13, 2006, 12:12:05 am
No order...

1.  Guitar
2.  mp3 player
3.  Pip (aka Spanky the dog)
4.  Drums
5.  The woman I have to mostly live without

Wikipedia was on there briefly, though my computer also should really be there.
If I were to do a food one I'd be here forever, but Mozarella would definitely be on there.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: FlipConstantine on August 13, 2006, 01:12:49 am
From most to least, here's mine.  Absolutely no consideration went into this. 

1. Rap Music
2. Digital information processing machines of any sort
3. Illegal Drugs
4. An attitude of superiority.
5. Pornography (what?)


Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: KeithHernandez on August 13, 2006, 11:09:45 am
From most to least, here's mine.  Absolutely no consideration went into this. 

1. Rap Music
2. Digital information processing machines of any sort
3. Illegal Drugs
4. An attitude of superiority.
5. Pornography (what?)


Your first is a bit dodgy, although music in general is definately an answer.  Beyond that, you pretty much nailed my list, although I would have probably made up a bullshit one, instead of including pornography as it rightfully should be.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: slink on August 13, 2006, 11:25:13 am
I was quite proud of the fact, for the first time in my life (most of my life), illegal drugs are no longer on my top 5. Hell, they're not even on any list of things I can't live without. Not that I'll turn them down, just... You know.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: robot_god on August 14, 2006, 12:50:21 am
There is nothing that I cannot live without.

Nah, scratch that, it's the New York Yankees 2006 World Series Championship.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: PopeUrban on August 14, 2006, 02:11:16 am
Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: Hobot on August 14, 2006, 02:26:31 am
Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix

If you want to be a smart-ass, you should go with ATP.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: Doc on August 14, 2006, 07:26:47 am
Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix

WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: slink on August 14, 2006, 10:34:24 am
WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!

Midichlorians?

bluergh
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: side_show on August 14, 2006, 03:14:25 pm
Five Foods:

5. pasta
4. sushi
3. popcorn
2. salmon
1. chicken (tomorrow!)

Five Things:

5. my ebay
4. my garden
3. my pets
2. my art
1. my boyfriend

Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: PopeUrban on August 15, 2006, 05:34:41 pm
If you want to be a smart-ass, you should go with ATP.
I'm not cool enough for that. :'(. Also, I've got no idea what ATP is.

WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!
I keep trying to get rid of the blighters, but to no avail.  Like renting out my body, but they don't make any payments.  Bastards.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: Hobot on August 15, 2006, 06:01:38 pm
I'm not cool enough for that. :'(. Also, I've got no idea what ATP is.

Education. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate)
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: AugustWest on August 15, 2006, 06:03:13 pm
I'm not cool enough for that. :'(. Also, I've got no idea what ATP is.

Reaching waaaay back to HS Biology, but I believe ATP = Adenosine Triphosphate, a chemical vital to our metabolism.
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: theinevitable on August 15, 2006, 06:30:25 pm
you use your weight in ATP every day! wow!
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: PopeUrban on August 15, 2006, 06:35:03 pm
Education. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate)
  And now I feel stupid (I deserve it, I learned this like 3 months ago).  Ah vell, it's the day time, what can I expect?
Title: Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
Post by: V-Adore on August 15, 2006, 11:12:23 pm
Don't worry, PopeUrban. Not knowing what ATP is just means you're not a terminal biology nerd, which is probably for the best.

Has anyone commented on the phrase "dump factory" yet? Because, wow. Best euphemism for the intestines ever.