Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without  (Read 5580 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:48:42 am »

I think it would be kind of fun to post a fun list of a category of 5 items that we can't live without. It is a top five list that is a window into your soul, or at least the most recent adverts to which you've been exposed. Discuss.

Five food items that I cannot live without:
1. Chocolate
2. Clif bars
3. Blueberries
4. Soy protein
5. Sushi (bonus points if you've gotten the giraffe yourself through subsistence)

Five things in general:
1. My girly cosmetics (unless camping)
2. Volunteering
3. Internets
4. Milan
5. Lennybruce

What's your top five?

edit: mods, I think I was originally going to make a music thread which is why my post ended up in A&E. Please move to wild card or whatevs if you think it should be moved.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 05:02:29 am »

5. Neighbor Jeff
4. My current billing rate
3. Beer
2. Camel Lights
1. The most amazing, most beautiful, most loving, kindest, smartest, funniest woman in the world, as my wife.

I'm a lucky motherfucker. (I even made up a lucky motherfucker dance.)

As far as food, I can't narrow it down.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 11:56:25 pm »

Great topic, Linnea!  Here are my 5 general things I cannot live without, not necessarily in this order:

1.  Chap-stick
2.  BEER!
3.  Sorcha-Boo
4.  Sophie-cat
5.  My awesome boyfriend!

Although if 3 & 4 (the kitties) could be condensed into one category, the last item would be Yerba Mate.  I am an addict.  Also, nail lacquer.  I am an addict.  Mmmm, toluene & formaldehyde resin!  Delicious!

Food items I would not want to live without:

1.  BEER!
2.  Yogurt/kefir/cheese
3.  choccies (that is, chocolate)
4.  fruit (especially blueberries, I'm w/ Linnea on this one 100%)
5.  artichokes


Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 12:12:05 am »

No order...

1.  Guitar
2.  mp3 player
3.  Pip (aka Spanky the dog)
4.  Drums
5.  The woman I have to mostly live without

Wikipedia was on there briefly, though my computer also should really be there.
If I were to do a food one I'd be here forever, but Mozarella would definitely be on there.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:12:49 am »

From most to least, here's mine.  Absolutely no consideration went into this. 

1. Rap Music
2. Digital information processing machines of any sort
3. Illegal Drugs
4. An attitude of superiority.
5. Pornography (what?)


Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 11:09:45 am »

From most to least, here's mine.  Absolutely no consideration went into this. 

1. Rap Music
2. Digital information processing machines of any sort
3. Illegal Drugs
4. An attitude of superiority.
5. Pornography (what?)


Your first is a bit dodgy, although music in general is definately an answer.  Beyond that, you pretty much nailed my list, although I would have probably made up a bullshit one, instead of including pornography as it rightfully should be.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 11:25:13 am »

I was quite proud of the fact, for the first time in my life (most of my life), illegal drugs are no longer on my top 5. Hell, they're not even on any list of things I can't live without. Not that I'll turn them down, just... You know.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 12:50:21 am »

There is nothing that I cannot live without.

Nah, scratch that, it's the New York Yankees 2006 World Series Championship.
Logged
ACHIEVE

PopeUrban

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • vegetarian sXe/hXc
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 02:11:16 am »

Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix
Logged
http://visualresistance.org/wordpress/ghostbikes

Has anyone commented on the phrase "dump factory" yet? Because, wow. Best euphemism for the intestines ever.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 02:26:31 am »

Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix

If you want to be a smart-ass, you should go with ATP.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 07:26:47 am »

Hmm...five things?  Ok, here's my list, no particular order (it's too difficult to choose an order).

1. Brain
2. Blood
3. Lungs
4. Dump Factory
5. Appendix

WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 10:34:24 am »

WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!

Midichlorians?

bluergh
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 03:14:25 pm »

Five Foods:

5. pasta
4. sushi
3. popcorn
2. salmon
1. chicken (tomorrow!)

Five Things:

5. my ebay
4. my garden
3. my pets
2. my art
1. my boyfriend

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

PopeUrban

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • vegetarian sXe/hXc
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 05:34:41 pm »

If you want to be a smart-ass, you should go with ATP.
I'm not cool enough for that. :'(. Also, I've got no idea what ATP is.

WHAT ABOUT MITICHONDRIA HUH? HUH?!!
I keep trying to get rid of the blighters, but to no avail.  Like renting out my body, but they don't make any payments.  Bastards.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:39:21 pm by PopeUrban »
Logged
http://visualresistance.org/wordpress/ghostbikes

Has anyone commented on the phrase "dump factory" yet? Because, wow. Best euphemism for the intestines ever.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 5 Things I Cannot Live Without
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 06:01:38 pm »

I'm not cool enough for that. :'(. Also, I've got no idea what ATP is.

Education.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up