The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on August 30, 2006, 03:30:27 am

Title: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 30, 2006, 03:30:27 am
Q has due to some reason involving Hobot and a secret love tryst given ownership of #touamb to me. Since I see no need to run redundant bots  and since it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the end user, I am migrating everything over to

irc.wjoe.tv
#touamb

In other words, the only thing you will have to do is modify your clients to go to irc.wjoe.tv instead of irc.slashnet.org
#####***** may have a slightly different name.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME

The *****s are moved, and the cutoff is hapening Sept 1 2006 so start idling there NOW!


Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: jough on August 30, 2006, 04:36:00 am
Please note that this involves ONLY the #touamb IRC channel.

TOUAMB.com will remain here - same bat time, same bat channel.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: linnea on August 30, 2006, 05:09:13 am
I like slashnet.org, but I will certainly update my irc client and will party on in the new channel. Thanks for the update, bobby.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 30, 2006, 10:17:47 am
k guys - i'll be kind of idling there, just go ahead and make yourselves at home and I'll kick the festivities off on Friday.

Mike
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: side_show on August 31, 2006, 07:36:17 pm
Umm... last time Mr.Q posted a link here that I could just click on.  Can I still just do that?
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on August 31, 2006, 07:46:32 pm
Umm... last time Mr.Q posted a link here that I could just click on.  Can I still just do that?

What was the link?

You can also get an AWESOMETASTIC java irc version at this link (http://www.wjoe.tv/irc) and then type /join #touamb, or click "channels," then "netwide channels," then "#touamb".
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 04:07:08 am
Yeah, see, if I go there, the "Channels" button is greyed out (all buttons but "Connect" and "Set Up" are greyed out), and there is a red message warning "Couldn't establish connection to www.wjoe.tv on port 6,667. " This message reappears over and over again if I hit the "Connect" button, then if I hit if often enough a little window pops up telling me Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, and all me IE windows just shut down.  This is exactly what happened to me when trying to connect to the earlier version of IRC, until Misterqueue posted a link here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2399.30.html) that worked for me.  I don't know why it worked, but all other options failed.  Again, I am so techno-tarded.   
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 01, 2006, 04:15:14 am
Yeah, see, if I go there, the "Channels" button is greyed out, and there is a red message warning "Couldn't establish connection to www.wjoe.tv on port 6,667. " This message reappears over and over again if I hit the "Connect" button, then if I hit if often enough a little window pops up telling me Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, and all me IE windows just shut down.  This is exactly what happened to me when trying to connect to the earlier version of IRC, until Misterqueue posted a link here (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,2399.30.html) that worked for me.  I don't know why it worked, but all other options failed.  Again, I am so techno-tarded.   

I'll look into this in the morning. Sounds like your network must be SOOPER SEKURE and there must be a way around it. That said, hang tight, we'll have the kinks ironed out by next week.

Despite you being a filthy canadian, happy American labor day.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: side_show on September 01, 2006, 04:18:08 am
We have Labour Day on Monday too, but we spell it our way!
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 01, 2006, 04:21:29 am
We have Labour Day on Monday too, but we spell it our way!

well as i always like to say, because i like stealing Jough's intarweb women, the only thing that makes Labour day extra special is U

and your sasketchawese love

Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2006, 08:19:41 pm
People!  Have you forgotten that we have a chat room?  Where have you all been?
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: jough on September 08, 2006, 08:21:12 pm
So you complain that people aren't on the chat room, and then one minute later I fire up the chat and you're not there, womby.

Don't complain if you're not going to be there yourself.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: side_show on September 08, 2006, 08:30:25 pm
I still can not get on - same failure messages as noted above.  I don't know anything about my security settings other than the options I get in my internet options to alter between low, med, med-high and high.  Even if I set my security to "low" I am unable to connect...  I've tried and tried... but I suppose if no one's there, why bother, right?
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2006, 08:34:04 pm
My computer crashed.  It knew Jough was logging in.  But it has recovered.  I'm sure the rest of you won't have the same terrifying effect.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: jough on September 08, 2006, 08:42:34 pm
And now I can't connect to Bobby's server.

This is why I was going to run an IRC server on touamb.com.  Or some kind of chat, anyway.  Maybe something that runs in-browser.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2006, 08:45:15 pm
Dang, I just lost it too.  It's been working fine all week.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 08, 2006, 09:37:34 pm
And now I can't connect to Bobby's server.

This is why I was going to run an IRC server on touamb.com.  Or some kind of chat, anyway.  Maybe something that runs in-browser.

First time it's gone down.
I blame you.
The machine (the bots are on the machine) are still up and kickin'.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: slink on September 08, 2006, 10:02:47 pm
Well, I at least managed all of ten minutes connectivity.
Still, at least this way I have a client set up and the server in the list, so I'll make it back.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: wombat on September 08, 2006, 10:09:06 pm
It is working now.  Come back tonight!  We need to teach the bots to talk about something reasonable.  They have been hanging out with a bad crowd.
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: pmcd9 on September 09, 2006, 08:31:20 pm
This is why I was going to run an IRC server on touamb.com.  Or some kind of chat, anyway.  Maybe something that runs in-browser.

I like this idea.

~Paul
Title: Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 09, 2006, 08:32:52 pm
I like this idea.

~Paul

http://www.wjoe.tv/irc

there's a java applet which allows connection that runs in browser.