Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!  (Read 5294 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
!!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« on: August 30, 2006, 03:30:27 am »

Q has due to some reason involving Hobot and a secret love tryst given ownership of #touamb to me. Since I see no need to run redundant bots  and since it doesn't make a damn bit of difference to the end user, I am migrating everything over to

irc.wjoe.tv
#touamb

In other words, the only thing you will have to do is modify your clients to go to irc.wjoe.tv instead of irc.slashnet.org
#####***** may have a slightly different name.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS THE SAME

The *****s are moved, and the cutoff is hapening Sept 1 2006 so start idling there NOW!


Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:00 am »

Please note that this involves ONLY the #touamb IRC channel.

TOUAMB.com will remain here - same bat time, same bat channel.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 05:09:13 am »

I like slashnet.org, but I will certainly update my irc client and will party on in the new channel. Thanks for the update, bobby.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 10:17:47 am »

k guys - i'll be kind of idling there, just go ahead and make yourselves at home and I'll kick the festivities off on Friday.

Mike
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:17 pm »

Umm... last time Mr.Q posted a link here that I could just click on.  Can I still just do that?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:46:32 pm »

Umm... last time Mr.Q posted a link here that I could just click on.  Can I still just do that?

What was the link?

You can also get an AWESOMETASTIC java irc version at this link and then type /join #touamb, or click "channels," then "netwide channels," then "#touamb".
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:07:08 am »

Yeah, see, if I go there, the "Channels" button is greyed out (all buttons but "Connect" and "Set Up" are greyed out), and there is a red message warning "Couldn't establish connection to www.wjoe.tv on port 6,667. " This message reappears over and over again if I hit the "Connect" button, then if I hit if often enough a little window pops up telling me Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, and all me IE windows just shut down.  This is exactly what happened to me when trying to connect to the earlier version of IRC, until Misterqueue posted a link here that worked for me.  I don't know why it worked, but all other options failed.  Again, I am so techno-tarded.   
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 04:14:52 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 04:15:14 am »

Yeah, see, if I go there, the "Channels" button is greyed out, and there is a red message warning "Couldn't establish connection to www.wjoe.tv on port 6,667. " This message reappears over and over again if I hit the "Connect" button, then if I hit if often enough a little window pops up telling me Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, and all me IE windows just shut down.  This is exactly what happened to me when trying to connect to the earlier version of IRC, until Misterqueue posted a link here that worked for me.  I don't know why it worked, but all other options failed.  Again, I am so techno-tarded.   

I'll look into this in the morning. Sounds like your network must be SOOPER SEKURE and there must be a way around it. That said, hang tight, we'll have the kinks ironed out by next week.

Despite you being a filthy canadian, happy American labor day.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 04:18:08 am »

We have Labour Day on Monday too, but we spell it our way!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 04:21:29 am »

We have Labour Day on Monday too, but we spell it our way!

well as i always like to say, because i like stealing Jough's intarweb women, the only thing that makes Labour day extra special is U

and your sasketchawese love

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:41 pm »

People!  Have you forgotten that we have a chat room?  Where have you all been?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:21:12 pm »

So you complain that people aren't on the chat room, and then one minute later I fire up the chat and you're not there, womby.

Don't complain if you're not going to be there yourself.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:25 pm »

I still can not get on - same failure messages as noted above.  I don't know anything about my security settings other than the options I get in my internet options to alter between low, med, med-high and high.  Even if I set my security to "low" I am unable to connect...  I've tried and tried... but I suppose if no one's there, why bother, right?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 08:34:04 pm »

My computer crashed.  It knew Jough was logging in.  But it has recovered.  I'm sure the rest of you won't have the same terrifying effect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: !!! #TOUAMB MOVING SEPT 1 -- CHANGE YOUR CLIENTS NOW !!!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 08:42:34 pm »

And now I can't connect to Bobby's server.

This is why I was going to run an IRC server on touamb.com.  Or some kind of chat, anyway.  Maybe something that runs in-browser.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up