The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Doc on September 18, 2006, 07:56:32 am
-
It's good to see Mr. Bear again. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09182006)
That's two whole strips without Phillipe suffering at all, surely Q cannot hold out for long.
This one was a lot better for me until I read the first palindrome backwards and got 'Tortilla para Taco.' does that even mean anything in spanish, seems like it should mean tortillas are the same as tacos but Babelgiraffe is giving me nothing? I'm not sure it even means anything outside of taco bell.
Yeah you heard me: Mr. Onstad's bilingual palindrome aren't good enough for me! He should work harder.
Eh who am I kidding? That fourth panel saves everything.
EDIT: I deliberately chose the title that least reflected the content of this strip.
-
I think it means "tortilla for a taco". Also, I get a real kick out of "it's not an ability, it's just something I can do"
-
As I sit in my classroom waiting for my students to arrive (I'm a high-school Spanish teacher), I can tell you that, yes indeed, it means "tortilla for [a] taco" and does make sense. So there.
Education.
-
Oh man that fourth panel. I so know what is happening there. Haha
-
This one was a lot better for me until I read the first palindrome backwards and got 'Tortilla para Taco.' does that even mean anything in spanish
Well "So, cat...a rap: all it rot?" doesn't mean anything either.
-
I believe Teodor said "Wet toilet tissue", not "moist". Ha ha ha, look at me, I am the corrector! Denied! Woo hoo! BOO-ya!
Now that I've gotten that out of the way... what's the alt text: "gulp a plug, bonk a knob, passport". Is that some kind of Onstand-style humor where he tries to get us to figure out what language the reversed text is only to discover it's ... dumb? Or is there some alternate meaning to the word "tropssap"? Or is it just silly?
-
this was a pretty good strip. but I don't know if I got enough sleep to laugh at it.
-
I got a solid 8 hours of sleep and I gave it a good, healthy chuckle.
-
GOD WILL SHAME YOU ON HARVEST DAY, PUNY ORGANISM, FOR USING A POOR TITLE FOR YOUR PURPOSELESS THREAD
-
So, Turkish speakers: how do you actually say "God will shame him on harvest day?" I want to use this phrase all the time.
Great strip, incidentally. This is a high-quality Philippe one-off, and I personally think Philippe is kind of funnier when the joke is something other than "something terrible happens to Philippe." (Watch -- Q will come back to the board just to steal cans from me for saying such a thing.)
-
That's two days of wonderful Philippe-Mr. Bear action already.
The alt-text confounds me though; the first two phrases are palindromes, but "passport"?
-
This is a high-quality Philippe one-off, and I personally think Philippe is kind of funnier when the joke is something other than "something terrible happens to Philippe."
Though this is a good strip, I think my favorite Phillipe strip still has to be the Mickey penis Pancake strip. I'm evil, so what...
-
Though this is a good strip, I think my favorite Phillipe strip still has to be the Mickey penis Pancake strip. I'm evil, so what...
That's a good one but for pure Phillipe horror there's nothing like a SKELETON! (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07052005)
-
The alt-text confounds me though; the first two phrases are palindromes, but "passport"?
A quick Googling informs me that "tropssap" is Iranian. I can't find any Iranian-English translators with Roman characters, so I don't know what it means, but... yes. Iranian.
-
The title is changed, I can now retreat back to my hole.
Thanks for the skeletons Pimp, I had entirely forgotten that strip.
-
The title is changed, I can now retreat back to my hole.
Thanks for the skeletons Pimp, I had entirely forgotten that strip.
Into everyone's life, the typo fairy must come crashing down and ruin everything. Evan was the skeleton man, my strip, which I forgot to link to, is here. (http://www.achewood.org/index.php?date=08122004)
-
This is a really good Philippe strip. Between his expressions in panels 3+4 and "Oh gosh, I wouldn't call it an ability. It's just somethin' I can do" ... it's like surreal cuteness overload.
-
Into everyone's life, the typo fairy must come crashing down and ruin everything. Evan was the skeleton man, my strip, which I forgot to link to, is here. (http://www.achewood.org/index.php?date=08122004)
Oh god not again! I'm so sorry evan I just... a bloo a bloo bloo bloo
-
><
wink!