The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: mrdna1 on September 19, 2006, 04:38:14 am

Title: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: mrdna1 on September 19, 2006, 04:38:14 am
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09192006

This is ... wow. I've never seen Ray that responsible, even in a daydream bit.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: scrimp on September 19, 2006, 05:21:25 am
just wondering on acct of we never meet a sibling of ray's, who did bear lil nephew into this world
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: AugustWest on September 19, 2006, 05:28:25 am
This is my favorite strip in the last month.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: ndpatel on September 19, 2006, 05:29:18 am
anyone got any idea of what lil' n is trying to put away for the winter in mid-september?
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: theinevitable on September 19, 2006, 06:14:56 am
man, Onstaadt has it Down.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Drygioni on September 19, 2006, 06:34:03 am
just wondering on acct of we never meet a sibling of ray's, who did bear lil nephew into this world

I think Lil' Nephew could be completely unrelated to Ray. Perhaps Neph was a poor ghetto kid living the streets alone (at about the age of four if Cuddleplace Lane is going to happen), and then Mr 'Man about Town' Ray takes pity on the kid, and thinks of how much the ladies dig a caring man. Siblingless Ray also thinks this'd be the one chance in life he'd get to be called the dignified title of 'Uncle'.

It's never really worked out.

Good strip. I'm just recounting all these types of father-son speeches and how progressively terrible they get.

"Now, Son. This isn't a thing we talk about in front of the family, but your sixteen as of today and from now on have some very big responsibilities... Don't make that face, and listen. Now, you're probably finding girls a little more attractive, and you might be very eager to... sleep with them. But, wh- listen! However hard it is, you've got to always take precautions. When I was your age..."
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Doc on September 19, 2006, 06:58:01 am
Class A strip here, 'always leave the tap running'.

Maybe he's an uncle in the 'mommy's new boyfriend who I call uncle ray' kind of way. But that doesn't really explain why Ray call's him li'l nephew. I think he is related to Ray in the donald duck/popeye spung spontaneously from the ether or entire family was killed in a horrible accident and this is your only distant relative kind of way.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: pubdoggy on September 19, 2006, 08:47:31 am
"Certain parts of your body react differently to heat and ideas" is one of the greatest lines this year
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Teldin on September 19, 2006, 12:38:31 pm
A DOO DA DOO DA DOO DA DOO!
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: robot_god on September 19, 2006, 12:42:39 pm
Ray must've lost his j/o virginity at a Raider's game.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: CortJstr on September 19, 2006, 01:16:40 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=09192006

This is ... wow. I've never seen Ray that responsible, even in a daydream bit.

Well alternate universe pre-Underground Ray already talked to LN about jimmy hats (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04082002).
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: V-Adore on September 19, 2006, 02:03:21 pm
I personally subscribe to the "Ray has a strictly theoretical sibling whom we will probably never meet" theory of LN's origins. Optionally, Ray's cousin and his wife were in a freak boating accident and Ray took in their son, all Bilbo Baggins-stylezz.

The "heat and ideas" line is my new favorite, yes, although I'm still wondering what precisely LN is putting into winter storage there, and it's distracting me.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: mrdna1 on September 19, 2006, 02:45:20 pm
The "heat and ideas" line is my new favorite, yes, although I'm still wondering what precisely LN is putting into winter storage there, and it's distracting me.
I ran a quick search on Google and I'm thinking it might have something to do with storing a motorcycle/dirtbike over the winter, ie: the battery contact points.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: wombat on September 19, 2006, 02:51:47 pm
Ray just wants us all home safe.  It is so heartwarming.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 19, 2006, 03:19:05 pm
I ran a quick search on Google and I'm thinking it might have something to do with storing a motorcycle/dirtbike over the winter, ie: the battery contact points.

Perhaps he is storing a '73 Honda Civic (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10282005) for the winter.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: nDed on September 20, 2006, 12:36:08 am
Wait, what sorts of far away places does Ray think Lil' Nephew will end up in if he masturbates?
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Beatrice on September 20, 2006, 02:18:09 am
Wait, what sorts of far away places does Ray think Lil' Nephew will end up in if he masturbates?

i think that's a reference to the usual way such conversations end whether they concern sex, drugs, alchohol or crossing state lines after midnight.  "but no matter what happens i'll always come get you and i won't even be mad.  actually i'll only be mad if you DONT call..."  least that's how my mom always played it. 
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: theinevitable on September 20, 2006, 02:46:57 am
yeah, mine too. Actually, my dad. My mom always felt too awkward having those conversations.
Or rather, I felt too awkward, and she could tell, I guess.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: AugustWest on September 20, 2006, 02:47:12 am
Hey Beatrice!  How's life in your neck of the woods?
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: jough on September 20, 2006, 05:31:21 am
"but no matter what happens i'll always come get you and i won't even be mad.  actually i'll only be mad if you DONT call..."  least that's how my mom always played it. 

Hey Bea, it's been a while.  Since I'm pretty sure you and that punk Bozack are the same person, do you think you could have him post something now and again?

Anyway, yes, parents (and uncles) will always say they'll be happy to bail you out, no questions asked, but just wait until you call them from a police station two counties over at 3AM and see if they don't have a few questions for you.

Advice: NOW is the time to get to know your bail bondsman.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: xzqx on September 20, 2006, 01:52:32 pm
Things I love about LN:


the end
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: dejavroom on September 20, 2006, 06:43:15 pm
Me I loves Lil' Nephew. It's about time he made a comeback in mad stylezz...
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Paisley on September 21, 2006, 11:23:19 pm
I'm still wondering what precisely LN is putting into winter storage there, and it's distracting me.

Could be pretty much anything with a battery pack, but what's distracting me is ... since when is there a winter in California over which one must store things?
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: Doc on September 22, 2006, 12:56:13 am
There isn't, but LN doesn't know this.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: nDed on September 22, 2006, 03:11:45 pm
i think that's a reference to the usual way such conversations end whether they concern sex, drugs, alchohol or crossing state lines after midnight.  "but no matter what happens i'll always come get you and i won't even be mad.  actually i'll only be mad if you DONT call..."  least that's how my mom always played it. 

Yeah, I see what you mean, but I somehow had the impression that the whole imaginary conversation was about masturbation advice from Ray. I guess maybe Ray, in his youth, enjoyed masturbating in a variety of distant and exotic locales?

Maybe... maybe I'm reading too much into this.
Title: Re: 19 Sep 2006 - Ray just wants you home safe.
Post by: jaydub on September 22, 2006, 06:51:28 pm
Pretty much.  I figure its just an expansion to other typical "talk" topics.  Probably had something about driving being a "privelege, not a right" in there too.