The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Apple Gerl on September 28, 2006, 08:21:47 am

Title: Achewood Myspace
Post by: Apple Gerl on September 28, 2006, 08:21:47 am
So Onstad has created a myspace!! ... I love the picture, hehe.   http://www.myspace.com/achewood_estates
I wonder who will get first friend. I hope i do. Bwahahahaha.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: wombat on September 28, 2006, 11:33:08 am
Do you know what is boring about Myspace?  People's avatars, or whatever you would call them, are actual pictures of themselves.  Where's the imagination in that?

I am not sure I like this development. I have said elsewhere (more than once) that I fear that Myspace portends the downfall of Internet civiliization. I will try not to not repeat myself here.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: Drastic Action on September 28, 2006, 12:13:03 pm
My avatar is a stick pirate I drew when a friend commanded me to draw something.  People keep telling me I need to change it to an actual shot of me.  I keep reminding them that I don't use myspace that way.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: wombat on September 28, 2006, 12:53:18 pm
People keep telling me I need to change it to an actual shot of me.

Oh mercy, these kids today.  They just do not get the internet.  If you want to look at the faces of people, go outdoors!
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: CortJstr on September 28, 2006, 01:05:59 pm
I think that's the first MySpace page I've ever seen that didn't have at least one Flash Block icon on it. Get with the program, Onstad. Everybody loads their page up with unneccesary Flash. Geez.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: jough on September 28, 2006, 03:20:51 pm
My Myspace icon is a couple of blurry t-shirts.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: Emmoh on September 28, 2006, 03:36:00 pm
My myspace has alt-text.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 28, 2006, 03:56:49 pm
Do you know what is boring about Myspace?  People's avatars, or whatever you would call them, are actual pictures of themselves.  Where's the imagination in that?

You'd be surprised. (http://myspace-599.vo.llnwd.net/01210/99/56/1210046599_l.jpg)
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 28, 2006, 04:50:17 pm
I split the difference with mine, myself in character from a film I was in back in college-day small-times.

Though I'll sometimes revert to this Little Falls Mets logo or... occasionally... a clay figurine of Mark Twain.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: Mantonio on September 28, 2006, 05:36:42 pm
'Stad had 58 friends when I checked in this morning. Mere hours later, he has acquired 400+ hangers-on.
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: mrdna1 on September 28, 2006, 08:26:29 pm
You'd be surprised. (http://myspace-599.vo.llnwd.net/01210/99/56/1210046599_l.jpg)
Very surprised.
(http://myspace-272.vo.llnwd.net/00694/27/22/694682272_l.jpg)
Title: Re: Achewood Myspace
Post by: littlefallsmets on September 28, 2006, 09:11:43 pm
Here is, really, the best way to summarize Myspace:

The Achewood Myspace account's top four is three attractive women in bikinis and a housecat in a winter cap.

The bikini women are all imaginary. The cat is real.

Think about it.