The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: side_show on September 30, 2006, 06:20:25 am

Title: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: side_show on September 30, 2006, 06:20:25 am
We knew you said you needed a break, but you didn't say you were breaking up with us!
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Doc on September 30, 2006, 12:30:21 pm
We're just so confused, we don't want to see other message boards, we only want you.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on September 30, 2006, 08:17:04 pm
Q!

I know where you live, Q. the road you live off of is the name of a prestigous university in the northeast. unless I'm reading the map wrong.

don't make me stake out a nearby road. or supermarket. or anything like that. Because I will do something creepy and find you.

also, I miss you, guy.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: AugustWest on September 30, 2006, 08:38:15 pm
I'll come over there and kick your ass, you fuck*ng fuck.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 01, 2006, 10:01:26 am
Have you gone to his house yet, inev?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: V-Adore on October 01, 2006, 06:38:15 pm
Q, if you don't come back, I'm going to find you and shank you, Todd T. Squirrel-stylez.

Hurry home.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 01, 2006, 06:46:37 pm
that's the thing-- I only know his general location. not specific address.

maybe someone knows his name? maybe someone has a picture of his house, or apartment?

flickrstalk is next.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Drygioni on October 01, 2006, 06:53:12 pm
Stop stop stop with the stalking! He must be terrified! No wonder he's not posting, he's probably hiding around the Mexican border.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: side_show on October 02, 2006, 02:02:12 pm
Stop stop stop with the stalking! He must be terrified! No wonder he's not posting, he's probably hiding around the Mexican border.

Shit... Mexico!  *ominous musical tones*

The only thing that give me peace is imagining that he is doing something extremely dirty with/to someone extremely lovely.  That is the only explanation that allows me to find his absence anything but unnatural.

Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: jough on October 02, 2006, 03:57:53 pm
Forget about Q, where's Hobot?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: side_show on October 02, 2006, 05:03:11 pm
Forget about Q, where's Hobot?

Do, do, Doooooo! *more ominous musical tones*
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Doc on October 03, 2006, 12:16:43 am
The only thing that give me peace is imagining that he is doing something extremely dirty with/to someone extremely lovely.
Forget about Q, where's Hobot?

... surely not.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 03, 2006, 01:31:11 am
Forget Q and Hobot, where is Mite?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: wombat on October 03, 2006, 01:41:14 am
Forget Q and Hobot and Mite, hasn't Nabu been gone for a really long time this time?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 03, 2006, 03:56:58 am
Forget Hobot.

pistols at 12 paces. tommorow at Dawn.

I demand my satisfaction.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: CortJstr on October 03, 2006, 01:27:52 pm
Re: your signature tI. You can also register where you go to school. Many communities frown on this, as they feel that college students skew the politics of the townies but it's totally legal as long as you don't also vote back home.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 03, 2006, 06:10:50 pm
really? Even if I registered to vote back home?

Would I be able to vote back in NC after this election? I will check this out. Thank you for this.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 03, 2006, 07:44:40 pm
Legally, you are supposed to transfer your registration each time. So if you register and vote where you go to school, you should put the former address where you were registered. You should then re-register in your hometown at a later date if you want to vote there.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: CortJstr on October 03, 2006, 08:29:48 pm
really? Even if I registered to vote back home?

Would I be able to vote back in NC after this election? I will check this out. Thank you for this.

The downside being that it's probably already too late to register where you go to school.

I wasn't aware this is legal either until the SO explained it's actually a common left-wing tactic. Groups will try to get college students (on the assumption that young=liberal) to register in their college district when there's a contentious election. It really pisses off some people who don't consider the students to be "real" residents as they only live there about 7 months out of the year and will presumably leave after 4 years which is barely one-term for many positions.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 03, 2006, 09:10:01 pm
ironically, I'm pretty sure my vote will have very little effect in St Louis.

In Charlotte, on the other hand, my vote would probably be more effective? My view of that city is skewed, of course, by having grown up among rich white people.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 04, 2006, 10:12:34 am
The downside being that it's probably already too late to register where you go to school.

I wasn't aware this is legal either until the SO explained it's actually a common left-wing tactic. Groups will try to get college students (on the assumption that young=liberal) to register in their college district when there's a contentious election. It really pisses off some people who don't consider the students to be "real" residents as they only live there about 7 months out of the year and will presumably leave after 4 years which is barely one-term for many positions.

First of all, I think you have to have something like 60 or 30 days to register, so it is either to late or very close to to late. 

Second, your SO is skewed.  Assuming the students will vote regardless, and assuming that the majority of students at state universities are from that state, it would help the left wing in one district (like you hinted at, young doesn't always equal liberal, so maybe not), but hurt them in x amount others.  Depending on the state (how close elections are, others in same district as college, etc.) this could either hurt or help the left, just as it could hurt or help the right.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 04, 2006, 01:01:36 pm
ironically, I'm pretty sure my vote will have very little effect in St Louis.

In Charlotte, on the other hand, my vote would probably be more effective? My view of that city is skewed, of course, by having grown up among rich white people.

Setting state legislature races aside, it looks like WUSTL falls into a congressional district safe for Dems. The US Senate candidates are running neck and neck, so you would have a chance of influencing that. So far as I can tell, there are no US Senate elections in North Carolina this term. Registration in Missouri closes on Oct. 11.
http://record.wustl.edu/web/page/normal/7889.html
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: jay-ell on October 04, 2006, 02:57:36 pm
Wait, hold on....inev's from Charlotte?  And nobody told me?!?! 
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Limmo on October 04, 2006, 03:32:02 pm
Well, if you if you spent more time around here....

[/noodging]
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: jay-ell on October 04, 2006, 04:02:57 pm
Geez, you take one little two-year hiatus and suddenly everyone's on your case...
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 04, 2006, 06:11:07 pm
littlefalls: that is, of course, assuming most students will vote. which is not the case at all.

jl: yes. but I'm not there right now. I will be next weekend, though! for 2 days.

shit, are there seriously not elections in NC right now? This is embarassing. People asked me if I was registered to vote there, so I didn't really think about it. There were definitely elections last year. Urgh.

if I were going to register to vote in St Louis, the deadline is the 11th of this month. I suppose if I'm not missing an election back home it isn't as much of a big deal.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on October 04, 2006, 06:30:34 pm
Nono, there are elections. It's just an off year for the US Senators, I believe. There should be congressional (representative) elections among other things.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: CortJstr on October 04, 2006, 08:53:34 pm
congressional (representative) elections

Can I just say that I hate this convetion. It's so confusing that we call reps "congressmen." Senators are also part of Congress but nobody ever calls them "congressmen." I blame stuck up senators who think that they're better than the reps. Senators can suck it.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: V-Adore on October 04, 2006, 09:25:12 pm
Senators can suck it.

Furthermore, the concept of the bicameral legislature can take it in the dumper.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: CortJstr on October 04, 2006, 10:20:05 pm
Furthermore, the concept of the bicameral legislature can take it in the dumper.

H...hot?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 04, 2006, 10:25:04 pm
where's Linnea?

where's Q?

where is my Hobot?
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: AugustWest on October 05, 2006, 02:37:46 am
Furthermore, the concept of the bicameral legislature can take it in the dumper.

Hey now, don't go all Foley on us.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Doc on October 05, 2006, 04:48:49 am
Hey now, don't go all Foley on us.

I was wondering when someone was going to go there.

May I just say, as an outsider, US politics is intensely entertaining. It's basically all I read about online these days.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Drygioni on October 05, 2006, 06:35:32 am
May I just say, as an outsider, US politics is intensely entertaining. It's basically all I read about online these days.

Mate, I couldn't agree more. Heard a wonderful joke yesterday about the Repub's having to get 'Exfoleyated'.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: KeithHernandez on October 05, 2006, 08:38:21 am
United States politics is complete rubish.  I have this idea for a revolution that would leave the U.S with a true democracy.  However, this idea would never work.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on October 05, 2006, 06:15:19 pm
Hey now, don't go all Foley on us.

Hey, did you know Rep. Foley doesn't believe in bookmarks?

Yeah, he just likes to bend over the page.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 05, 2006, 09:37:59 pm
Oh! That is truly the limit.

My hat is off to you for that wonderful joke.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: linnea on October 06, 2006, 01:50:07 am
where's Linnea?

where's Q?

where is my Hobot?

Yeah, where the heck are they? I took a little break from the internet because I was busy. I logged on today because I stayed home sick and slept for 18 hours. After such a marathon sleeping session, I decided that some intarwub would do me good.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: theinevitable on October 16, 2006, 04:47:03 am
MisterQueue, this is my thing. I live near you. We should hang out. If you want, I can even pretend we never hung out. I will tell people you never responded. Come on... I worry about you.

alternatively, I can tell everyone we met up and "kicked it like a biscuit," even though we didn't.
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Choop on October 16, 2006, 04:49:46 am
bozack sighting? (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/55535#1463395)
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: pmcd9 on October 17, 2006, 03:56:34 am
bozack sighting? (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/55535#1463395)

I think so.

~Paul
Title: Re: misterqueue, come home!
Post by: Roger on October 18, 2006, 08:49:14 pm
I just noticed that Q disappeared with a precise 2001 post count. Maybe he's in a white room right now, looking at an older version of himself lying in bed.