The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: side_show on October 23, 2006, 02:45:28 pm
-
"She was asking for it. I mean, look at how she's dressed!" (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/061020/koddities/oddity_mannequin_fetish)
-
"She was asking for it. I mean, look at how she's dressed!" (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/061020/koddities/oddity_mannequin_fetish)
Mannequins are just gateways to Real Dolls.
-
Mannequins are just gateways to Real Dolls.
*Shudder*
-
This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.
-
This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.
I used to keep life sized cut-outs of the MiB in my basement but I wouldn't dress them up or anything. Does that make me weird?
Well, at Christmas I would put santa hats on them. But that's it, I swear.
-
There was a link in that article to an interview with Gene Simmons. I had to read it because I needed a reminder of what a douchebag he is.
~Paul
-
Used non-sexually, Real Dolls could actually be kinda cool what with their close resemblance to real living people if you cover up their SCARY DEAD EYES, FREAKY ABOMINATIONAL COLD LIFELESS EYES and all.
Just the idea of having posable people-sculptures hanging around the house that look quite like people, if they're in sunglasses, is quite rad. You could use hooks and ropes and have them have a tea party on the ceiling. You could have a butler standing at your door... you could have a space filler for that one chair you really only have in case there's company.
Need an extra person to complete a multiperson costume set? Real Doll can dress up as, like, Marvel Girl if you and your buddies are Beast, Angel, Cyclops and Iceman! Tell your friends she's "deep in psychic meditation" or whatnot.
Another awesome thing ruined by fetishists attaching a sexual connotation to it.
Funny animal cartoons were awesome until I was made aware that furries want to have sex with them and become them and build models of Bugs Bunny and Minnie penis with working sex parts. Now, you can't watch the Cartoon Network without at least once or twice realizing that there are ten fat guys really really into a whiteman's parody of Japanese culture that are jerking off to the same cartoon at that second.
Why did they have to run posable people-sculptures by giving them giners and wangs?
It's not fair.
-
Don't forget the carpool lane.
-
Well, in LA, if you wanna get in the carpool lane, you just buy a hybrid car and they give you a sticker and you're good to go. If you were buying the Real Doll just for the carpool lane, you might as well just tuck that bread aside and make your next car a pre-owned Prius or something.
Definitely only worth it if you're into sex with plastic things with COLD SCARY DEAD EYES or if you wanna have tea parties on the ceiling.
-
"Well, I understand the silverware... but why the dog?"
"You understand the silverware? COOKOO."
-
This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.
Yeah... I'm thinking his fetish probably has a lot to do with the breaking and entering part of things, so, you know, if there was a store front in his area with Realdolls in the window, I'm sure he'd have broken in there.
Also, Cort, I know you gave one of em' a kiss good night at least once. I'm just wondering which one...
Also LFM, I love your rational defenses to having a Realdoll. It's like you've psychologically prepaired yourself in case you come to find out one of your friends happens to have one.
-
Also LFM, I love your rational defenses to having a Realdoll. It's like you've psychologically prepaired yourself in case you come to find out one of your friends happens to have one.
...I definitely have some weird friends, Ms. Show.
It wouldn't surprise me.
Would I have to build a world in my head where they weren't having sex with it, rather using it for weird personal art installations? Sure. But these are the lengths you go to be the Good Non-Judgemental Liberal living at the end of Western Civilization. You rationalize a lot of things.
-
I have a friend. He had this teddy bear on his bed with a hole in the crotch. There is no rationalization that I can make about this. It is something I'd rather not know. Another time, the same friend, very drunk, admitted that he was the one who took dumps in random places all over my highschool back in the day, just "as a joke." Our principal had interrogated students about the identity of the "Brown Bomber" back in the day, but no one knew who it was. Now I know. There is no rationalization for this.
-
LFM... you're onto me. i'm into having sex with weird art installations. It's just my thing, you know? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE, YOU ASSHOLE!
-
I have a friend. He had this teddy bear on his bed with a hole in the crotch. There is no rationalization that I can make about this.
Well an old doll can rip from any number of reasons. It's the size of the hole that will reveal its origin.
-
Another time, the same friend, very drunk, admitted that he was the one who took dumps in random places all over my highschool back in the day, just "as a joke." Our principal had interrogated students about the identity of the "Brown Bomber" back in the day, but no one knew who it was. Now I know. There is no rationalization for this.
Yeah, I've had this experience. It's really unnerving when the confession is to some strange, unforgivable crime that is still such ancient history that you can't get angry about it and still seem reasonable. The last time this happened to me was shortly after my high-school graduation, at someone else's grad party, where an acquaintance from my junior-year Zoology class admitted that she was the one who had smuggled a dead giraffe out of class after dissections and thrown it down the stairwell at another girl, apparently as part of some byzantine feud. I mean, what do you say to this? My response was "oh," but the runner-up slot was between "wow, that is not a thing that people in civilization do," "so YOU'RE the reason we never dissected again!" and "... okay, I guess Mr. Z's expression the next day was kind of funny..."
-
So yeah, I owned a sex doll named Last Call.
See, like, that's the kind of thing I like to see.
If you're going to be on bad terms with civilized society, at least be it in a clever way.
-
Well an old doll can rip from any number of reasons. It's the size of the hole that will reveal its origin.
The parents of one of my college buddies had a dog with a teddy bear fetish. It was some sort of Japanese breed (middle-sized - 30lbs or so - the dog, that is). We showed up at his parents' house one time and the dog did its "happy to see you" freak-out thing; barking, leaping, charging madly back and forth etc. Then it dashed into another room, reappeared with a teddy bear almost its own size, flung the bear into a corner and started frantically humping it like Satan's sewing machine. My buddy rolled his eyes and apologized for not preparing me for the spectacle.
The bear hadn't started out anatomically correct, so to speak, but the pooch's attention had worn a couple holes in its bottom half.