Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mannequin Fetish  (Read 3457 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:21:12 pm »

Mannequins are just gateways to Real Dolls.

*Shudder*
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 04:45:14 pm »

This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 05:14:55 pm »

This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.

I used to keep life sized cut-outs of the MiB in my basement but I wouldn't dress them up or anything. Does that make me weird?




Well, at Christmas I would put santa hats on them. But that's it, I swear.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:48:49 pm »

There was a link in that article to an interview with Gene Simmons.  I had to read it because I needed a reminder of what a douchebag he is.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 11:28:03 pm »

Used non-sexually, Real Dolls could actually be kinda cool what with their close resemblance to real living people if you cover up their SCARY DEAD EYES, FREAKY ABOMINATIONAL COLD LIFELESS EYES and all.

Just the idea of having posable people-sculptures hanging around the house that look quite like people, if they're in sunglasses, is quite rad. You could use hooks and ropes and have them have a tea party on the ceiling. You could have a butler standing at your door... you could have a space filler for that one chair you really only have in case there's company.

Need an extra person to complete a multiperson costume set? Real Doll can dress up as, like, Marvel Girl if you and your buddies are Beast, Angel, Cyclops and Iceman! Tell your friends she's "deep in psychic meditation" or whatnot.

Another awesome thing ruined by fetishists attaching a sexual connotation to it.

Funny animal cartoons were awesome until I was made aware that furries want to have sex with them and become them and build models of Bugs Bunny and Minnie penis with working sex parts. Now, you can't watch the Cartoon Network without at least once or twice realizing that there are ten fat guys really really into a whiteman's parody of Japanese culture that are jerking off to the same cartoon at that second.

Why did they have to run posable people-sculptures by giving them giners and wangs?

It's not fair.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 04:52:48 pm »

Don't forget the carpool lane. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »

Well, in LA, if you wanna get in the carpool lane, you just buy a hybrid car and they give you a sticker and you're good to go. If you were buying the Real Doll just for the carpool lane, you might as well just tuck that bread aside and make your next car a pre-owned Prius or something.

Definitely only worth it if you're into sex with plastic things with COLD SCARY DEAD EYES or if you wanna have tea parties on the ceiling.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 08:35:15 pm »

"Well, I understand the silverware... but why the dog?"

"You understand the silverware?  COOKOO."
Logged
ACHIEVE

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:12:43 pm »

This may be weird, but Realdolls I can at least understand in that they have orifices. You can... you know, do things with them. Mannequin fetish strikes me as being creepy in the same way that guys who apparently buy Realdolls just to dress them up are, IMHO.

Yeah... I'm thinking his fetish probably has a lot to do with the breaking and entering part of things, so, you know, if there was a store front in his area with Realdolls in the window, I'm sure he'd have broken in there.

Also, Cort, I know you gave one of em' a kiss good night at least once.  I'm just wondering which one...

Also LFM, I love your rational defenses to having a Realdoll.  It's like you've psychologically prepaired yourself in case you come to find out one of your friends happens to have one.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 09:46:03 pm »

Quote from: side_show
Also LFM, I love your rational defenses to having a Realdoll.  It's like you've psychologically prepaired yourself in case you come to find out one of your friends happens to have one.

...I definitely have some weird friends, Ms. Show.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Would I have to build a world in my head where they weren't having sex with it, rather using it for weird personal art installations? Sure. But these are the lengths you go to be the Good Non-Judgemental Liberal living at the end of Western Civilization. You rationalize a lot of things.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 09:54:54 pm »

I have a friend.  He had this teddy bear on his bed with a hole in the crotch.  There is no rationalization that I can make about this.  It is something I'd rather not know.  Another time, the same friend, very drunk, admitted that he was the one who took dumps in random places all over my highschool back in the day, just "as a joke."  Our principal had interrogated students about the identity of the "Brown Bomber" back in the day, but no one knew who it was.  Now I know.  There is no rationalization for this. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 09:59:39 pm »

LFM... you're onto me. i'm into having sex with weird art installations. It's just my thing, you know? WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE, YOU ASSHOLE!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Mannequin Fetish
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:19 am »

I have a friend.  He had this teddy bear on his bed with a hole in the crotch.  There is no rationalization that I can make about this.

Well an old doll can rip from any number of reasons.  It's the size of the hole that will reveal its origin.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up