The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: colmore on December 04, 2006, 05:30:59 am

Title: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: colmore on December 04, 2006, 05:30:59 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12042006 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12042006)


I saw them play in August or Sept. '01.  She plays drums barefoot.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 04, 2006, 06:15:45 am
I was going to start a thread but didn't know what to title it.  Great choice.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: theinevitable on December 04, 2006, 07:24:28 am
oh man. I haven't listened to them in a while.

actually, that's a lie. they came on in my friend's room like 2 days ago.

"fell in love with a girl" was the first song I learned to play on an electric guitar. I was borrowing my friend's, and I discovered the "gain" channel, and, well, the rest is history.


edit: I think this strip would be better if the safesearch were On. But I suppose it's permanently off, in that household.

I always get mad when mine is on. Because, I mean, yeah. I was searching for "Roman Coliseum..." but some tits would have been a nice surprise.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: DanSC on December 04, 2006, 09:18:54 am
Of COURSE Teodor would want to see Meg White naked.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: CortJstr on December 04, 2006, 01:56:40 pm
Female drummers are all bouncy. It excites up the blood.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: mkilly on December 04, 2006, 04:17:08 pm
IS THIS PERHAPS THE AUTHOR EDITORIALIZING? I presume as much. If so, ... and if else ... word to that, Meg White has it going on. don't believe me? behold (http://glitterandtwang.org/songfight/whitestripes5.jpg)
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Drygioni on December 04, 2006, 04:23:01 pm
Poor Teodor. In my younger days I tried this about twice a week. I've been there, mate. I've been there.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: colmore on December 04, 2006, 05:11:03 pm
Meg White is a better fed, less pointy Christina Ricci.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: robot_god on December 04, 2006, 05:44:33 pm
WHAT R THE BEST CELEB NUDES U GOT
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Roger on December 04, 2006, 05:45:55 pm
Female drummers are all bouncy. It excites up the blood.

So Karen Carpenter would be the exception that proves the rule?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Drygioni on December 04, 2006, 06:11:16 pm
I think it's time to have a hands-up session: how many of us have seen an attractive famous lady, and vainly typed her name followed by any variant of "XXX", "Nude" etc.?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: CortJstr on December 04, 2006, 06:23:49 pm
Eh. I don't dig on celebrity fakes. Plus I tend to be out of the loop on who's "famous"
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: melack on December 04, 2006, 06:24:48 pm
I think it's time to have a hands-up session: how many of us have seen an attractive famous lady, and vainly typed her name followed by any variant of "XXX", "Nude" etc.?

I think we can safely count anyone here who has ever used the Internet as a teenager. I will add myself to that list.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Alternate on December 04, 2006, 11:02:10 pm
I think it's time to have a hands-up session: how many of us have seen an attractive famous lady, and vainly typed her name followed by any variant of "XXX", "Nude" etc.?

I've mainly done this with Tasha Yar/Denise Crosby. 
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jaydub on December 04, 2006, 11:30:06 pm
From the bottle on the desk, in addition to being an unsuccessful Googler, it appears Teodor is a major lightweight.

I've mainly done this with Tasha Yar/Denise Crosby. 

She was an object of my affection in the late '80s as well.  Sadly, time has done her no favors.  She looks more like her dad these days.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Alternate on December 05, 2006, 12:20:53 am
Hmm... I just did an image search for "denise crosby" to confirm her dad-like appearance, and instead I learned that basically every website on the internet now has pictures of denise crosby naked.  The fact that I searched vainly for such pictures a few years ago indicates that I am remarkably talented at not finding things. 
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on December 05, 2006, 12:49:04 am
You don't even need to type in naked in the search.  Every picture of Denise Crosby on the internet is naked.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 05, 2006, 02:39:50 am
The teddy bear wants to see what a girl caveman looks like naked.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: AugustWest on December 05, 2006, 04:09:09 am
My attractions along these lines always seem to be to obscure sitcom supporting actresses.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Drygioni on December 05, 2006, 07:52:53 am
From the bottle on the desk, in addition to being an unsuccessful Googler, it appears Teodor is a major lightweight.

I thought that to complete the scene there would be myriad more bottles on the floor, along with an equally bounteous supply of naked yet utterly non-arousing hastily scribbled pencil drawings of Meg White.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jaydub on December 06, 2006, 11:30:17 pm
Hmm... I just did an image search for "denise crosby" to confirm her dad-like appearance. 

So, what's your conclusion?  Denise after 40 ~= Dennis?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jough on December 07, 2006, 02:23:33 am
The teddy bear wants to see what a girl caveman looks like naked.

So instead of Marmaduke...?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Alternate on December 09, 2006, 09:18:19 pm
So, what's your conclusion?  Denise after 40 ~= Dennis?

Well, I don't know what Dennis Crosby looks like, and due to my remarkable ability to fail at googling I will never know.  To be honest I kind of forgot about my original quest once I found millions of pictures of Denise Crosby naked, though.  It was actually kind of disillusioning.  Not that she doesn't have a nice body, but... for one thing it's always creepy to see her out of character.  For another, see, when I was a kid I kind of... started a religion based on the premise that Tasha Yar was actually a pan-dimensional mermaid.  So, it's a little sad to see her in a body which is attractive and naked, but nonetheless quite three-dimensional and human. 
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 09, 2006, 09:58:33 pm
Quote from: Alternate
For another, see, when I was a kid I kind of... started a religion based on the premise that Tasha Yar was actually a pan-dimensional mermaid.

Jeez. You totally have me beat.

When *I* was a kid, I kept buying copies of Use Your Illusion 2, hoping that I'd find the golden ticket and be trained as the next Axl Rose when the current one would no longer be able to perform his duties as The Axl... and wrote plays about girls I had crushes on.

You make my childhood dreams seem bland and common. I salute you, Alternate.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2006, 06:55:35 am
What the hell is going on here?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Alternate on December 10, 2006, 07:39:46 am
We're discussing a web comic, and our childhood dreams.  My childhood dreams involved a supernatural Tasha Yar fighting in the French revolution and graphing linear equations, and his involved generalizing a Roald Dahl principle and applying it to Axl Rose. 

LFM:  I give you points for abstraction, and for the surrealism of the Wonka/Axl juxtaposition, assuming I'm right about the pieces you used to assemble this fantasy.  What genre were the plays? 
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 10, 2006, 09:36:11 pm
Quote from: Alternate
LFM: What genre were the plays?

Broadly speaking?

I would call the genre "Kurt Vonnegut and Judy Blume's melodramatic teenage bastard".

Lots of fifteen-year-old-who-thinks-he's-clever touches like... oh... self-aware narrators who realize that when the play ends it is their death, a high school janitor with the backstory of being a Westchester County blueblood and fated to spend his life falling sideways through alternate universes looking for a place where his best friend isn't dead, religion-as-myth analogies toward Gilgamesh/Tiresias/Catholic-relic-mysticism...

Yet grounded by plots of childishly-semi-autobiographical small towns full of old secrets, sensitive nerds who pine after girls whose engines are actually revved by jerks with leather jackets and bass guitars... and above all else... the appropos of nothing talkiness of a young writer over-enamoured with the early-to-mid Nineties slacker-romantic-comedies both of the indie-navel-gazing variety and the Brat-Pack-trying-to-find-adult-roles variety.

Your standard "intellectually-precocious but emotionally-stunted teenager" stuff except with the amp turned up to eleven.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: theinevitable on December 10, 2006, 10:33:41 pm
hey, at least you had the gumption to put that shit on paper. I just let it pour out of my mouth at all opportunities.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 11, 2006, 05:24:02 pm
My attractions along these lines always seem to be to obscure sitcom supporting actresses.

Along those lines, I will give $5 to the person who can tell me the name of the hot chick in the New Pornographers "The Laws Have Changed" video (http://www.matadorrecords.com/the_new_pornographers/music.html).  Not the girl in the band who lip-syncs Neko's lines, but the dancer/temptress woman.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jaydub on December 11, 2006, 05:48:57 pm
Holy carp.  I was mistaken about her paternity.  I thought her dad was this guy (http://imdb.com/name/nm0004849/)
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/DavidCrosby.jpg), who turns out to be David Crosby, of Crosby, Stills & Nash - or more recent note, the biological father of Melissa Etheridge's kids.  There is no apparent relation between Denise and David - odd considering their likeness (in my opinion) and name.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jough on December 17, 2006, 03:52:32 am
Isn't Bing the grandfather of Denise Crosby?
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Nabubrush on December 17, 2006, 11:33:16 pm
Every time I come back it is like this. I should know this by now.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: jaydub on December 18, 2006, 05:38:15 pm
Isn't Bing the grandfather of Denise Crosby?

Yes.  She's the daughter of Dennis Crosby - one of Bing's four sons from his first marriage.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 19, 2009, 04:19:48 pm
The dream has become reality.
The meg white sex tape is in circulation. NSFW (http://fleshbot.com/sex/sex-tape/is-this-meg-whites-icky-thump-302944.php)
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: JorgeFabregas on March 20, 2009, 01:07:42 am
Dude, check the date on that. Plus it's totally not her.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: herofix on March 20, 2009, 04:21:55 pm
If only it was recent news and also Meg White.
Title: Re: SafeSearch is off - Dec. 04 2006
Post by: Nabubrush on September 10, 2010, 05:41:59 am
Double-zombie-bump: we were going to see them in Chicago during the tour when that video came out and they canceled the tour. Thanks, random internet fuckhead who put that out and wrecked my vacation!