The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: V-Adore on December 06, 2006, 09:50:36 am

Title: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: V-Adore on December 06, 2006, 09:50:36 am
Pure comedy gold. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12062006)

This is exactly how I imagined Vlad would write. His facial expressions are also excellent.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: Drastic Action on December 06, 2006, 10:31:11 am
The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch.  I particularly liked the part where he was lost in the snowy woods in Russia, and came upon a house.  The juxtaposition of the three bears motif jarred entirely by what he finds in the Father's bed was perfect, and exceptionally weird.  These dudes really go off on adventures in the blogs!  I've been tempted to go through all the archives, but there is just too much.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: wombat on December 06, 2006, 11:23:13 am
The King of the Make-Outs tells no lies.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: vivouk on December 06, 2006, 01:20:11 pm
P.S. I spit on your money.  :D
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: CortJstr on December 06, 2006, 02:10:21 pm
The King of the Make-Outs tells no lies.

Of course he lies. 10 minutes for the making out? Who has that kind of time?
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: evan on December 06, 2006, 02:37:49 pm
Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: innes on December 06, 2006, 02:42:53 pm
Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...

To be fair, his training was brief to the point of being cursory. Since he's clearly a love miracle expert, think of it as a textual variant of the director's DVD commentary track.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: CortJstr on December 06, 2006, 03:39:18 pm
Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...

That's how Mr. Bear had been doing it (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12152004).

Also, a wizard did it.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: Sub_Topical on December 06, 2006, 03:59:55 pm
The Miracle.

Damn that central european programmed rowbot has got some soft butter palaver.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: Drygioni on December 06, 2006, 04:35:19 pm
There's nothing much more for me to say other than that this fuck*ng classic. Rarely do I laugh at webcomics, but Achewood always seems to elicit an overly-enthusiastic guffaw when it hits the spot.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 06, 2006, 05:37:38 pm
Strange - that's almost exactly how my transcriptions of Achewood dialog for that OhNoRobot project turned out.

My efforts were rejected last week in a strongly-worded note that characterized my writing as "derivative, bordering on fan fic."

WHO'S DERIVATIVE NOW, ONSTAD?!?

Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: jaydub on December 06, 2006, 11:38:31 pm
The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch. 

Me too, and I have to say, I no longer find it incredible that Cornelius did time.  I've only been reading achewood for about 18 months (yeah, the GOF storyline drew me in, courtesy of MacHall), but I had no idea that Mr. Bear was a swindler.  Admittedly, Ray makes for a irresistible mark, what with his blind optimism, bottomless pockets and inattention to details. 
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: Enkidu on December 07, 2006, 03:46:30 am
The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch.  I particularly liked the part where he was lost in the snowy woods in Russia, and came upon a house.  The juxtaposition of the three bears motif jarred entirely by what he finds in the Father's bed was perfect, and exceptionally weird.  These dudes really go off on adventures in the blogs!  I've been tempted to go through all the archives, but there is just too much.
The best is the "Breakfast with Ekatarina" one.  http://corneliusbear.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_corneliusbear_archive.html (http://corneliusbear.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_corneliusbear_archive.html)  My absolute favorite blog entry - when the old man throws down his hat I just lose it.  It edges out the Roast Beef one where he and Ray go to the Korean restaurant.  Genius.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: theinevitable on December 07, 2006, 04:42:30 am
oh man, some of these old blogs are fantastic.

Quote
I cut him off at $905 this evening, the last five dollars won on a particularly pathetic parting game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, in his doorway, as I was trying to leave.

I want Cornelius to be my best friend. Also, I want to learn to cook.
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: vivouk on December 07, 2006, 11:47:39 am
the Roast Beef one where he and Ray go to the Korean restaurant.  Genius.

http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2005/01/korean-bbq-lunch.html

 :D

Edit: http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2005/02/dang-why-did-i-cook-c*ck-food.html  ;D
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you
Post by: theinevitable on December 07, 2006, 04:01:16 pm
also: pat's old blogs are all brilliant. on a deep, deep level.

I was "LOL"-ing until the point where my roommate suggested I "take a hike."


the c*ck food. good lord. if I ever said that i have enjoyed any other joke about c*ckes, that statement was made by an incorrect life which I no longer maintain.

also: I should tell my lady that I want to Make the Miracle with her. But she would totally take that the "wrong way" (ie: the only way/correct way to take it.)
Title: Re: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 08, 2006, 05:45:08 am
The ***** with the dixie-cup nose is an old-school romantic.