Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 6 December '06 -- They are goink to do a miracle with their body parts, you bet.  (Read 3093 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest

Pure comedy gold.

This is exactly how I imagined Vlad would write. His facial expressions are also excellent.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch.  I particularly liked the part where he was lost in the snowy woods in Russia, and came upon a house.  The juxtaposition of the three bears motif jarred entirely by what he finds in the Father's bed was perfect, and exceptionally weird.  These dudes really go off on adventures in the blogs!  I've been tempted to go through all the archives, but there is just too much.
Logged
~

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

The King of the Make-Outs tells no lies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

P.S. I spit on your money.  :D
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

The King of the Make-Outs tells no lies.

Of course he lies. 10 minutes for the making out? Who has that kind of time?
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com

Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...
Logged

innes

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • thanks awfully
    • View Profile

Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...

To be fair, his training was brief to the point of being cursory. Since he's clearly a love miracle expert, think of it as a textual variant of the director's DVD commentary track.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Why is he describing the action? CC isn't for blind people...

That's how Mr. Bear had been doing it.

Also, a wizard did it.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

The Miracle.

Damn that central european programmed rowbot has got some soft butter palaver.
Logged
We must repeat!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

There's nothing much more for me to say other than that this fuck*ng classic. Rarely do I laugh at webcomics, but Achewood always seems to elicit an overly-enthusiastic guffaw when it hits the spot.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

Strange - that's almost exactly how my transcriptions of Achewood dialog for that OhNoRobot project turned out.

My efforts were rejected last week in a strongly-worded note that characterized my writing as "derivative, bordering on fan fic."

WHO'S DERIVATIVE NOW, ONSTAD?!?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 10:06:30 pm by Turbo Ninja »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch. 

Me too, and I have to say, I no longer find it incredible that Cornelius did time.  I've only been reading achewood for about 18 months (yeah, the GOF storyline drew me in, courtesy of MacHall), but I had no idea that Mr. Bear was a swindler.  Admittedly, Ray makes for a irresistible mark, what with his blind optimism, bottomless pockets and inattention to details. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile

The linking to Cornelius' 2004 entries got me reading a whole bunch.  I particularly liked the part where he was lost in the snowy woods in Russia, and came upon a house.  The juxtaposition of the three bears motif jarred entirely by what he finds in the Father's bed was perfect, and exceptionally weird.  These dudes really go off on adventures in the blogs!  I've been tempted to go through all the archives, but there is just too much.
The best is the "Breakfast with Ekatarina" one.  http://corneliusbear.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_corneliusbear_archive.html  My absolute favorite blog entry - when the old man throws down his hat I just lose it.  It edges out the Roast Beef one where he and Ray go to the Korean restaurant.  Genius.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

oh man, some of these old blogs are fantastic.

Quote
I cut him off at $905 this evening, the last five dollars won on a particularly pathetic parting game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, in his doorway, as I was trying to leave.

I want Cornelius to be my best friend. Also, I want to learn to cook.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 11:55:08 am by vivouk »
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up