The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Fooker on December 26, 2006, 07:14:34 am

Title: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Fooker on December 26, 2006, 07:14:34 am
I want to think it's 'Deadpool' or something, with someone once referencing being legally dead for a few minutes but lamenting any "crazy deadpool powers" manifesting. I think the book is about people who die and come back with something extra. I dunno.

I just want to find out what it was, since I was stillborn but recusitated, and this sort of thing interests me.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Choop on December 26, 2006, 07:46:13 am
Wow that's a story.

Yours, I mean, not the novel. As to the novel: can you name an author or genre? An author in the genre?
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Fooker on December 26, 2006, 08:11:34 am
I want to think it's by someone like steven king, but that can't be it. Maybe I saw the book on a shelf somewhere and leafed through it enough to get the gist, and recognized the reference by someone else.

Maybe it's all a fabrication of my mind.

I'm wondering why I come up with 'deadpool' when the only google results for it are a comic character and a betting game.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Ben-San on December 26, 2006, 09:45:53 am
The relevant Steven King novel would be "The Dead Zone", in which a man who awakens from a five-year coma has psychic visions about people when he touches them as a result of brain damage from the coma-inducing accident.There is a film adaptation starring Christopher Walken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Zone
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 26, 2006, 10:14:21 am
There is also a television adaptation starring the blonde nerd from "Weird Science".

No, really.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Fooker on December 26, 2006, 07:21:18 pm
DEADZONE YES THANK YOU.

PS:

Why is it that my mental reconstruction was so much cooler than something where a guy is psychic because of a dead part of his brain? I think a story about someone who had paranormal powers because of actually being dead for a while would be better.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: coldfrog on January 20, 2007, 12:18:44 pm
Or how about a story about how if someone is dead temporarily, if they somehow come back alive they suddenly know all the languages in the world?  I would definitely read that.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Fooker on January 21, 2007, 08:54:38 pm
I'll write a novel about that.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: Bjorn the Destroyer on February 06, 2007, 07:51:49 am
Initially I thought of the worst book ever written with a title like "Raptor Jesus Corpse F&@#ing From the Seventh Dimension" but then I realized that this wasn't the title of a novel, and only the combination of maybe seven internet memes. Sorry for sharing this.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: CortJstr on February 06, 2007, 01:52:55 pm
Initially I thought of the worst book ever written with a title like "Raptor Jesus Corpse F&@#ing From the Seventh Dimension" but then I realized that this wasn't the title of a novel, and only the combination of maybe seven internet memes. Sorry for sharing this.

Is F&@#ing in any way related to fuck*ng?
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: jaydub on February 06, 2007, 10:32:35 pm
Seems to me there was a Kiefer Sutherland movie about med students who killed/resuscitated themselves for kicks and encountered unforseen challenges.
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 06, 2007, 10:49:50 pm
Flatliners?
Title: Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
Post by: jaydub on February 06, 2007, 11:01:12 pm
That's the one.