Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to remember the name of a novel  (Read 2793 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Trying to remember the name of a novel
« on: December 26, 2006, 07:14:34 am »

I want to think it's 'Deadpool' or something, with someone once referencing being legally dead for a few minutes but lamenting any "crazy deadpool powers" manifesting. I think the book is about people who die and come back with something extra. I dunno.

I just want to find out what it was, since I was stillborn but recusitated, and this sort of thing interests me.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 07:46:13 am »

Wow that's a story.

Yours, I mean, not the novel. As to the novel: can you name an author or genre? An author in the genre?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 08:11:34 am »

I want to think it's by someone like steven king, but that can't be it. Maybe I saw the book on a shelf somewhere and leafed through it enough to get the gist, and recognized the reference by someone else.

Maybe it's all a fabrication of my mind.

I'm wondering why I come up with 'deadpool' when the only google results for it are a comic character and a betting game.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 09:45:53 am »

The relevant Steven King novel would be "The Dead Zone", in which a man who awakens from a five-year coma has psychic visions about people when he touches them as a result of brain damage from the coma-inducing accident.There is a film adaptation starring Christopher Walken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Zone
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:14:21 am »

There is also a television adaptation starring the blonde nerd from "Weird Science".

No, really.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 07:21:18 pm »

DEADZONE YES THANK YOU.

PS:

Why is it that my mental reconstruction was so much cooler than something where a guy is psychic because of a dead part of his brain? I think a story about someone who had paranormal powers because of actually being dead for a while would be better.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 10:55:36 pm by Fooker »
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 12:18:44 pm »

Or how about a story about how if someone is dead temporarily, if they somehow come back alive they suddenly know all the languages in the world?  I would definitely read that.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 08:54:38 pm »

I'll write a novel about that.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 07:51:49 am »

Initially I thought of the worst book ever written with a title like "Raptor Jesus Corpse F&@#ing From the Seventh Dimension" but then I realized that this wasn't the title of a novel, and only the combination of maybe seven internet memes. Sorry for sharing this.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 01:52:55 pm »

Initially I thought of the worst book ever written with a title like "Raptor Jesus Corpse F&@#ing From the Seventh Dimension" but then I realized that this wasn't the title of a novel, and only the combination of maybe seven internet memes. Sorry for sharing this.

Is F&@#ing in any way related to fuck*ng?
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 10:32:35 pm »

Seems to me there was a Kiefer Sutherland movie about med students who killed/resuscitated themselves for kicks and encountered unforseen challenges.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »

Flatliners?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember the name of a novel
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 11:01:12 pm »

That's the one.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up